Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop stolen

• 03-10-2013 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi all
    My laptop and camera were stolen from my car (silver Jimny 02 reg) yesterday evening just inside the gates of Charleville Castle (the entrance beside the slate shop). Just in case anyone is offered a Toshiba laptop for sale along with a silver Olympus camera, please be aware that it is stolen property. The Gardai have said that there's no chance of getting it back but that the laptop bag, which contained important work documents etc as well as a couple of USB keys, might have been discarded in the area. I'll be out looking myself after work but if any Boardsies are out and about in Tullamore, if you see a greeny-grey bag with a black strap containing a red folder and other documents please hand it in to Tullamore Garda Station.
    Any help at all would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

will keep an eye out for you. I work in Tullamore.

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds - but i do hope they were not left on a seat in your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

charlieIRL wrote: »
    will keep an eye out for you. I work in Tullamore.

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds - but i do hope they were not left on a seat in your car.

Thanks a million charlieIRL-much appreciated. No, it wasn't left out in the open but Gardai reckon that they were watching me stowing it away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

crikey, scarey one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Will definitely keep an eye out, I'm in the tull area myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Me too, sorry to hear that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

fifilarue wrote: »
    Hi all
    My laptop and camera were stolen from my car (silver Jimny 02 reg) yesterday evening just inside the gates of Charleville Castle (the entrance beside the slate shop). Just in case anyone is offered a Toshiba laptop for sale along with a silver Olympus camera, please be aware that it is stolen property. The Gardai have said that there's no chance of getting it back but that the laptop bag, which contained important work documents etc as well as a couple of USB keys, might have been discarded in the area. I'll be out looking myself after work but if any Boardsies are out and about in Tullamore, if you see a greeny-grey bag with a black strap containing a red folder and other documents please hand it in to Tullamore Garda Station.
    Any help at all would be appreciated.

did you have any tracking software installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

People should install the free tracking software on a new laptop just after purchase. I still can't understand why people refuse to do this most basic of things, it gives you a good chance of reclaiming the laptop back in association with AGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

zenno wrote: »
    People should install the free tracking software on a new laptop just after purchase. I still can't understand why people refuse to do this most basic of things, it gives you a good chance of reclaiming the laptop back in association with AGS.

i use prey http://preyproject.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Thanks a million to all who replied. It's amazing how a kind word makes things even a bit better. A few of us from work walked around the area last Thursday and Friday just to see if the laptop bag was dumped in the vicinity but unfortunately no luck. Will keep trying.
    @ irishgeo and zenno, I wasn't aware of tracking but thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

irishgeo wrote: »

Just last week the BBC had a consumer show that showed how a Mac Laptop was recovered, The guy who stole the laptop had it setup in his bedroom and the software was sending photographs and IP Address back to the owner who went to the cops and located the address, The photos show the thief and his missus with no clothes on sitting in the bed smoking staring at the laptop. Bizarre

• Advertisement
Advertisement