Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

We're finally getting a Burger king in Carlow , whopper fans rejoice our wait is almost at an end :-D !!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

linkuh?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

linkuh?

No link my friend, it's going into hoppers old site in the coming few weeks. I know this by association. I'd rather not say what that association is but trust me it's all signed off and happening in the coming weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

spose i'll wait and see

it's not that I dont believe you... it's just that I don't believe you :)

spose i'll wait and see

it's not that I dont believe you... it's just that I don't believe you :)

Ye of little faith would you be prepared to have a wager, say perhaps five of the kings finest Angus burgers??? :-):-):-):-) it's happening Sir Digby We shall be seated at the kings table in the fine county of Carlow ! Swallow that one marble city ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm angus burgers, hope your not fibbing ;)

• Advertisement

hadepsx wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm angus burgers, hope your not fibbing ;)

Nope not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Can't wait. I thought it was supposed to be a Burger King going in there originally. Ah well better late than never

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

owrwg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I have made this promise before and will make it again i you are flucking lying about this op i will hunt you like a dog :-)

racso1975 wrote: »
    I have made this promise before and will make it again i you are flucking lying about this op i will hunt you like a dog :-)

Your days of eating dog are almost at an end racso , unless of course you want it flame grilled!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'll be one fatty now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

115242.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Ketchup on your xl bacon double cheeseburger or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah ketchup for me. Need something to break down the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

No link my friend, it's going into hoppers old site in the coming few weeks. I know this by association. I'd rather not say what that association is but trust me it's all signed off and happening in the coming weeks

Feck, I work near there and love BK. This does not bode well for my diet :rolleyes:

We're finally getting a Burger king in Carlow , whopper fans rejoice our wait is almost at an end :-D !!

Only during the week there was wild rumours of a student bar going in there (Probably BS although i reckon it would do well)

Would be interesting to see how one of the major franchises does in comparison to Hoppers which was locally founded. It could bomb due to the location but my bets is that the brand is strong enough for it to do well. Traffic wise it could well be chaos as that is a busy enough stretch of road as it is and there isnt exactly alot of car parking there.

I wish it was there today, hangover on me that could use it badly :-(

I wish it was there today, hangover on me that could use it badly :-(

DO you want to make a bet that it won't be coming? :pac:

SV wrote: »
    DO you want to make a bet that it won't be coming? :pac:

Ah it's coming alright there's no doubt there

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Any idea when. Drove past today and the signs were still up for letting

• Advertisement

toe_knee wrote: »
    Any idea when. Drove past today and the signs were still up for letting

Think in the next four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

I heard that Applegreen are opening up on Castlecomer road near the Cattle mart and that there would be a burger king attached to that...Anyone else hear this

I heard that Applegreen are opening up on Castlecomer road near the Cattle mart and that there would be a burger king attached to that...Anyone else hear this

They're definitely opening there anyway and redeveloping the site on Tullow road too

I was in Tullamore at the weekend and had a double bacon cheese xl....supersize...cannot wait for Bk to open in carlow...

I was in Tullamore at the weekend and had a double bacon cheese xl....supersize...cannot wait for Bk to open in carlow...

Jesus Christ!!!! I'd nearly drive up to newbridge now for that ;-)

That sounds like a great plan and i suggest you do just that. You know you wont be disappointed.

I know you're saying you're positive of it, I just heard very different today!

They have a contract with Wimpy i thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Surely one of the most bizarre sites to put a station like this? Busy-ish road but almost all local traffic.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Surely one of the most bizarre sites to put a station like this? Busy-ish road but almost all local traffic.

I would have thought the same about the level of investment they are going to put into the tullow road site, considering topaz opening a plaza on the motor way exit and the volume of competition for the fmcg and grocery trade in the immediate vicinity! Hard to see the logic in either decision, and apple green are much more expensive in store than for example mace, spar or central! Time will show if it makes sense I suppose

Advertisement