Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

road_high wrote: »
    Surely one of the most bizarre sites to put a station like this? Busy-ish road but almost all local traffic.

A survey on traffic passing in that road showed on an average day 11000 cars pass there each day. I cant confirm these figure but its what i was told by someone in the laois county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

A survey on traffic passing in that road showed on an average day 11000 cars pass there each day. I cant confirm these figure but its what i was told by someone in the laois county council.

On the Castlecomer road? Would never have thought it would be that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

road_high wrote: »
    On the Castlecomer road? Would never have thought it would be that high.

Me either that's around seven cars every minute of the day!! It would never seem. It

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

was wild rumours of a student bar going in there

The student bar is going in X rumour has been going around since the times of the Regional!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ringing up the letting agency for the old hoppers site and they would have you believe that is still available.
    Strange that...

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    Ringing up the letting agency for the old hoppers site and they would have you believe that is still available.
    Strange that...

Why would it be strange that a letting agent is doing anything other than try get the best possible deal on a premises?

Why would it be strange that a letting agent is doing anything other than try get the best possible deal on a premises?

If it's all signed off on then it wouldn't be still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

If Burger King are set to go there, the letting agent wouldn't even entertain a new offer at that stage. It would be a done deal by then. I'm starting to think Burger King isn't coming :(

Pretty positive the letting agent had absolutely no input in securing the new lease holder and I would go as far as to say they are unaware of it. You have no faith, the whoppers will most likely taste bitter to you ;-)

Pretty positive the letting agent had absolutely no input in securing the new lease holder and I would go as far as to say they are unaware of it. You have no faith, the whoppers will most likely taste bitter to you ;-)

Ah stop would ya, it's not coming.

• Advertisement

We'll see soon enough

We'll see soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have a contract with Wimpy i thought?

Wimpy and Burger King are franchised by the same company here in Ireland so the contract could be for either if there is a contract .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Wimpy and Burger King are franchised by the same company here in Ireland so the contract could be for either if there is a contract .

According to some locals, we already have a wimpy....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

According to some locals, we already have a wimpy....

It will always be the wimpy to me.

If it's all signed off on then it wouldn't be still available.

There may not be any formal agreement in place as of yet though and dont forget BK are only Franchised in Ireland. In which case the contract would be with the individual franchisor as opposed to Burger King inc and these things can always fall apart at the 11th hour. Until such a time as the i's are dotted and t's crossed, the place will be up for letting. Ideal opportunity though for a franchisor to come in. A big name might just be enough to lure students out from the college for food

There may not be any formal agreement in place as of yet though and dont forget BK are only Franchised in Ireland. In which case the contract would be with the individual franchisor as opposed to Burger King inc and these things can always fall apart at the 11th hour. Until such a time as the i's are dotted and t's crossed, the place will be up for letting. Ideal opportunity though for a franchisor to come in. A big name might just be enough to lure students out from the college for food

If a burger king does go in there I'll eat my hat.

If a burger king does go in there I'll eat my hat.

Would you like fries with that?

Super-Rush wrote: »

I'd like a Double XL Bacon+cheese burger with it but it's not gonna happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I'd like a Double XL Bacon+cheese burger with it but it's not gonna happen!

Thats a mighty fine burger. I loved them once... until I noticed that the burger alone is 933kCal, Add fries at 369kCal washed down with a large Coke its 252kCal.... 1554kCal for one meal.... I have however swore blind it is gonna be my first order when BK arrives in Carlow..

• Advertisement

Now that i think of it i cant think of an occasion where ive seen Burger King locate at a purpose built site on the outskirts of a town. They normally locate on the high street. I do think with the proximity of the college its an ideal location for a big name to slot in. Its the only type of fast food business that might survive there. Supermacs might have been better served there then out the Athy Road.

It does bug me to look in at a perfectly immaculate brand new restaurant closed up. A shameful waste. It was only a concrete shell for a long time also.

The Tullamore one is outside the town as are the ones at the Apple Green station on the motorway between Naas and Dublin and the M1 and N4 services. The ones on the Belgard rd and Blanchardstown SC are not exactly on the high street. However the I think if they are going anywhere, it will be at the new M9 services.

The Tullamore one is outside the town as are the ones at the Apple Green station on the motorway between Naas and Dublin and the M1 and N4 services. The ones on the Belgard rd and Blanchardstown SC are not exactly on the high street. However the I think if they are going anywhere, it will be at the new M9 services.

Wow bit of a departure for Burger King. Ive never came across one outside of a town/city centre in Ireland. Im sure in the US they are probably built on several greenfield sites though.

The Applegreen one in fairness would make alot of business sense but there could be huge potential to be tapped into on the Kilkenny Road too. Im thinking it might cause a bit of traffic build up though in what is a relatively busy road at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'll settle for liver and onions and a large portion of yummy mushy peas from the golden grill

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I'll settle for liver and onions and a large portion of yummy mushy peas from the golden grill

It's closed now too!! I wonder will it be reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow bit of a departure for Burger King. Ive never came across one outside of a town/city centre in Ireland. Im sure in the US they are probably built on several greenfield sites though.

You'll see from BK's Ireland website below that most BKs are in fact not located in town centres but are in either suburbs, airports or part of motorway service stations.

http://www.whopper.ie/restaurants-locations/

I was told today by a source close to the owner that BK are definitely going in there.

I was told today by a source close to the owner that BK are definitely going in there.

It's a fact, been confirmed for weeks most likely be an announcement in the next five to ten days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

So BK is coming to Carlow. And here's me trying to lose more weight. Oh no :(

• Advertisement

So BK is coming to Carlow. And here's me trying to lose more weight. Oh no :(

Don't think they'll deliver , we can walk up and down to it, so there's that for some hope for us :-)

Advertisement