Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't been out that way in a while but parking could be a nightmare could it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The carpark has a capacity for 10-15 cars max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

It's closed now too!! I wonder will it be reopening
    somebody please tell me that the Golden grill was only closed for renovations or something? is it reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Tommy, Good luck with the DCM on Monday!

Tommy, Good luck with the DCM on Monday!

Thanks for the wishes but unfortunately I had to pull out of the DCM training at the start of September :(:(:(, I lost the battle with an ongoing knee injury which was agrivated with the longer 20-25k runs so I decided to focus on a couple of shorter races since and redouble my efforts to make it for DCM 14!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

Golden Grill gone unfortunately.... devastated, great chipper for years now, best batter sausages in ireland....

And no chance of BK coming to that site, bank will lease it to anyone <mod snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lotdpd wrote: »
    Golden Grill gone unfortunately.... devastated, great chipper for years now, best batter sausages in ireland....

And no chance of BK coming to that site, bank will lease it to anyone <mod snip>

golden grill gone for good? they just painted the outside a couple of weeks ago didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

lotdpd wrote: »

And no chance of BK coming to that site, bank will lease it to anyone as last owner *mod snip*....

Got anything to back up that last point?

golden grill gone for good? they just painted the outside a couple of weeks ago didnt they?

im curious cos I dont remember.. what did I post here that needed to be edited out

--edit
    oh, nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As much as I like a Whopper! But as someone who doesn't drive I just can't see myself walking out there to get one to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Got anything to back up that last point?

Invoices and statements good enough?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Mod Note: Please do not make financial allegations on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So is this still bull**** or has any truth materialised to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

All i know is i am getting my paddlin stick ready cause i am thinking bs too

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Opening a few weeks before Christmas applegreen running it. Will be a subway going in there as well

D_BEAR wrote: »
    Opening a few weeks before Christmas applegreen running it. Will be a subway going in there as well

Where are ya getting this info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

SV wrote: »
    Where are ya getting this info from?

A friend who works for applegreen.

D_BEAR wrote: »
    A friend who works for applegreen.

Couldn't really get more vague

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Think in the next four weeks

tick tock tick tock......

no sign of it yet anyway, or any movement on anything either!

racso1975 wrote: »
    I have made this promise before and will make it again i you are flucking lying about this op i will hunt you like a dog :-)

Yup I think it is time to start hunting!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

racso1975 wrote: »
    Yup I think it is time to start hunting!!!!!

Tetchy !!!!.everyone calm down no need for the pitch forks and lanterns yet, still ironing out the details taking longer than thought for landlord , franchise and leasee to get their ducks lined up. But still very much confirmed

Tetchy !!!!.everyone calm down no need for the pitch forks and lanterns yet, still ironing out the details taking longer than thought for landlord , franchise and leasee to get their ducks lined up. But still very much confirmed

I think there is an echo in here :D

It's no more confirmed.

Every single BK and Mcdonalds and the likes has a 'Coming Soon' in the window when a venue has been confirmed for it. This is no different and there's nothing of the sort.
    It's not coming, and that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's no more confirmed.

Every single BK and Mcdonalds and the likes has a 'Coming Soon' in the window when a venue has been confirmed for it. This is no different and there's nothing of the sort.

Where is/was BK supposed to be going? That place across from the College that's vacant/

road_high wrote: »
    Where is/was BK supposed to be going? That place across from the College that's vacant/

Yup. Despite the agency leasing the property saying that it's still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That unit appears very small for a burger King and not sure if the car parking is adequate. It appears very small from the road at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

FWIW The Applegreen station in Wexford recently had a big makeover and included in that was a sit in/take away Subway.

i heard it wasn't going to be in carlow town at all, was going into some petrol station that's being built or being upgraded outside of the town

It's no more confirmed.

Your last sentence......wtf kind of drugs are you on!!!! No...No it is not ok as you put it!!!!!!

Had only recently been think to myself how much you had matured as a poster lately.......well let me tell you sonny i am sorely disappointed.

Now i am off for a ridiculous long drive for a bacon double cheeseburger......XL!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Just heard on Sunday from a friend who was talking to the landlord recently and he says it is still going ahead. They are still negotiating rents and the like but seems to be still on track. Knowing the landlord's track record, nothing can be certain until the doors open but here's hoping...

Advertisement