Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

racso1975 wrote: »
    Your last sentence......wtf kind of drugs are you on!!!! No...No it is not ok as you put it!!!!!!

Had only recently been think to myself how much you had matured as a poster lately.......well let me tell you sonny i am sorely disappointed.

Now i am off for a ridiculous long drive for a bacon double cheeseburger......XL!!

lol, good man yourself! I'll reflect on my posting decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

SV wrote: »
    lol, good man yourself! I'll reflect on my posting decisions.

Glad you saw the humour. Was beginning to worry ya might take it serious. It is good to see ya posting more regular.........now i sound like a stalker i am outta here :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

It's no more confirmed.

Every single BK and Mcdonalds and the likes has a 'Coming Soon' in the window when a venue has been confirmed for it. This is no different and there's nothing of the sort.
    It's not coming, and that's ok.

Ha have a look out there now, apple green and Burger king marketing and design team on site for Burger king and sub way, lease being signed. Make sure you wipe the egg off your face before going in though ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ha have a look out there now, apple green and Burger king marketing and design team on site for Burger king and sub way, lease being signed. Make sure you wipe the egg off your face before going in though ;-)

Was following this thread even though I'm from Dublin because I knew it would end up with egg on someone's face

Was following this thread even though I'm from Dublin because I knew it would end up with egg on someone's face

He'll have you on his face!!! Punishment enough ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

This must be part of some new concept they are rolling out in Ireland because Applegreen, Subway and Burger King are also opening a new foodcourt type operation in Tralee. They are taking over an existing drive thru restaurant called Rocky Mountain that never really caught on in Tralee.

Fair dues to whomever first reported it on this thread as they endured a lot of doubters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

LOL, judging by your username, that must be your favourite phrase!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

I've been in an out of this thread on an off but is Burger King coming or not? I'm a bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

there was work going on there this afternoon there was 4/5 vans there

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

patrickc wrote: »
    there was work going on there this afternoon there was 4/5 vans there
    Work still going on tonight at 9 oclock

• Advertisement

I've been in an out of this thread on an off but is Burger King coming or not? I'm a bit confused.

Yeah both Burger King and Subway are both going into the old hoppers site on kilkenny road. The franchises are being operated by apple green , they have officially taken the lease on the site now, good news for the town for both employment and people with hangovers ;-)

Well it's about time ;)
    Wasn't all signed off on though, in any shape or form!

I doubt I'll be going in so I'll leave the egg on my face, tastes good ;)

Well it's about time ;)
    Wasn't all signed off on though, in any shape or form!

I doubt I'll be going in so I'll leave the egg on my face, tastes good ;)

Was always going to happen, all parties agreed on it a week before I started the thread , in fairness there's almost as much in a long term lease as purchasing the building so it did drag. Ah ya should go out and try it . Might take the bitter taste out of your mouth, good man :-)

Was always going to happen, all parties agreed on it a week before I started the thread , in fairness there's almost as much in a long term lease as purchasing the building so it did drag. Ah ya should go out and try it . Might take the bitter taste out of your mouth, good man :-)

To be fair, I've never been so glad to have been proven wrong in my life :P

To be fair, I've never been so glad to have been proven wrong in my life :P

Fair play, hopefully it'll be run right. The one in waterford should be used as an example of how not to run one , its a disaster. And like I said few extra jobs for Carlow will do no harm at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

That's great! I better watch my diet now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Jobs being advertised on FAS for BK Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Urgh, I am going to get faaat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If a burger king does go in there I'll eat my hat.
    So when and where are you eating this hat SV :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in burger king, on opening day

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    So when and where are you eating this hat SV :P

I'll be making my way through the hat when I see it opened :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'll be making my way through the hat when I see it opened :D

they're frying it up for you now...

1200.jpg?3700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bruschi wrote: »
    they're frying it up for you now...

1200.jpg?3700

It wont last a week with the state of that fryer:D

December twenty first is scheduled date to open :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I still just can't see people walking out of town to it.

I still just can't see people walking out of town to it.

I see your point but you'd have to assume Burger king is a bigger draw than super Macs and still the one on the Dublin road seems to be doing comfortably enough. Time will tell but if this doesn't work it's clear nothing else will in that site

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tbh i think it will be a disaster.

The parking is very limited, if they use the drive through then it could cause chaos.

People from the IT won't flock there like they are hoping. I can get a much nicer dinner in the IT for less than a fiver.

The kids in the Vocational school will go there but thats about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I used to live above hungry jacks once, coz its the home of the fackin whopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The kids in the tech might have flocked there in the affluent naughties but money is a lot tighter now for lunches.

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tbh i think it will be a disaster.

The parking is very limited, if they use the drive through then it could cause chaos.

People from the IT won't flock there like they are hoping. I can get a much nicer dinner in the IT for less than a fiver.

The kids in the Vocational school will go there but thats about it.

Again good point, probably also worth nothing the owner of the site owns the land up as far as the college gate on the restaurant side of the road, if that makes sense ? So there is room to extend the carpark if needed. I would imagine they would love to have the problem of an overflowing car park! I'll probably be sick of it after the first two visits ;-)

Advertisement