Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On a side note it is one ugly looking building.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I reckon it'll be gone sooner after it opens. That building just isn't meant to be a restaurant. Not sure if anyone has walked down by the area, but the smell of sewerage at times can be enough to make you sick. The surrounding area of the building looks awful. The main road running along side it will cause lots of noise, and difficulty pulling in/out.
    College students won't bother with it, and the school will get bored off it after a few weeks. After that, it's all down to the passing traffic to pull in and keep it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I live just up the road from it. Notice a lot of work going on inside today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So December 20th is the date being thrown about now? Michael Weston happen to know much more about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

SV wrote: »
    So December 20th is the date being thrown about now? Michael Weston happen to know much more about this?

No just that December 21St is the date they want both the Burger King and Subway to open. It's on schedule at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Is there something going on the kileshin road? A woman in work told me that there's a petrol station and a Burger King and subway going out there? That people are objecting to it.

The only place I've heard about the Kilkenny road one is here so I don't know what to believe!

Is there something going on the kileshin road? A woman in work told me that there's a petrol station and a Burger King and subway going out there? That people are objecting to it.

The only place I've heard about the Kilkenny road one is here so I don't know what to believe!

Apple green are putting a service station and retail unit on the Kileshin road and they are running the two franchises on the Kilkenny road.

Apple green are putting a service station and retail unit on the Kileshin road and they are running the two franchises on the Kilkenny road.

Ah so they are just mixing up the stories.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me 😄

People objecting to progress, extra facilities and extra jobs?
    God love them.

People objecting to progress, extra facilities and extra jobs?
    God love them.

Typical, same whingers would be moaning the country is a Kip with no employment or prospects

• Advertisement

That's a fact you must know the person I'm talking about!!

That's a fact you must know the person I'm talking about!!

No but there is no shortage of them in this country!

Haven't been by there lately but is it looking like it'll open tomorrow? Thinking after Christmas now..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't been by there lately but is it looking like it'll open tomorrow? Thinking after Christmas now..

This weeks Nationalist said it was opening tomorrow.

This weeks Nationalist said it was opening tomorrow.

Fair enough maybe so then! Just hadn't heard anything and the last time I went by it was a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Passed by there yesterday and it looked like there was a lot of work still to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

signs are up outside, menus up inside looks like it'll be ready tomorrow

Supposed to be open tomorrow but Yeah it's a mess they'll be working through the night I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

So excited prob wont get there till after xmas myself but students from Pats are all excited as well.

• Advertisement

According to Facebook it's open now, can't see that being true!

According to Facebook it's open now, can't see that being true!

I wonder is it just staff training, it looked all but ready when i drove by at 6pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Looked ready a few hours ago when I drove past!

It's open and trading now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

It's open and trading now

Sweet jebus santa has come early.....aa will my impending heart attack!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

So where is the photo of SV eating his hat?

Villain wrote: »
    So where is the photo of SV eating his hat?

Uploading it at the moment.http://www.motherjones.com/files/legacy/kevin-drum/Blog_Eating_Hat.jpg

Tried it earlier had a whopper meal and the kid had a chicken royale meal, absolutely gorgeous. Needs more seating and subway is yet to open but all in all a welcome addition to the town!! Counted fifteen staff working today, all new jobs for people at Christmas, hope it works out if even just for those people.

myself and the wife got food there earlier, it was crazy to just get into it. the queue for the drive thru was stopping cars from parking.

got a festive whopper meal and a steakhouse angus, was yum.

it was a bit un organised there today but its first day its allowed welcome to Carlow BK :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Went out there around 9 and left after 10 minutes.

The drive thru is a disaster. I had to move out of the way to let other cars leave and by doing this i was blocking spaces for people who wanted to go inside. I just gave up and left.

Advertisement