Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Surely that will only be a temp issue and they put in a few more spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Frynge wrote: »
    Surely that will only be a temp issue and they put in a few more spaces.
    or trade drops and levels out once the novelty wears off, as normally happens when a new place is no longer new.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Went to the drive through yesterday. I got no salt, ketchup, napkins or a straw >:[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Jaysus the Qs there yesterday. You'd swear Carlow people never saw a Burger before!

Unreal.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Pretty disastrous when busy in fairness but should be ok when it calms down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Picked a drive trough up the other night. I must say it is very handy when coming home late in the evening. Almost dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was in there with two of the kids on Christmas Eve.
    The quality and service was first class. Great to see it.

Parking was an issue alright, but I've no problem with that - was a busy day everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kelleherqueen

I work there. And I have to say, I like working there. Not only because the people I work with are all interested and motivated, but because some of the customers are truly lovely people who cheer me up and brighten my day (and I hope I do the same for them sometimes.) Having said that I have had a few experiences with horrible, horrible customers. Shouting at me and making snide remarks about the service. I am happy though to read about a few people's good experiences. The first day it opened (the 20th) was an absolute disaster. Myself and the other crew members had only received 10 days of training in another BK restaurant and we were not really ready to be running a whole restaurant on our own so it was a real sink or swim situation, we were all thrown in there with these mad, mad crowds and we could either succeed or fail. Although a few orders have been messed up, I feel the crew is really coming along and honestly I'm learning something new everyday when working there. And I'm not just saying this because I work there, but honestly I do think the customer service is quite good. We always maintain that the customer is right even if they aren't and have the banter at front counter. The place is really clean and well kept too which is always a plus in a fast food place. We've had a few mess ups as I said but we're all getting into the swing of things now so service should be much quicker. We didn't have Oreo or Kitkat icecream last week or brownies or one/two flavours of frappes but should be resolved when I go back to work tomorrow after a few days off for Christmas. I really do think the new BK will last in Carlow. I thought originally that the location wasn't ideal but we've had so many customers. Oddly people will always travel for fast food. Plus I think there is a real market there for the IT students. Fingers crossed as it's good to be working! Pop down tomorrow for your whopper ha ;) Keep an eye out me haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

I work there. And I have to say, I like working there. Not only because the people I work with are all interested and motivated, but because some of the customers are truly lovely people who cheer me up and brighten my day (and I hope I do the same for them sometimes.) Having said that I have had a few experiences with horrible, horrible customers. Shouting at me and making snide remarks about the service. I am happy though to read about a few people's good experiences. The first day it opened (the 20th) was an absolute disaster. Myself and the other crew members had only received 10 days of training in another BK restaurant and we were not really ready to be running a whole restaurant on our own so it was a real sink or swim situation, we were all thrown in there with these mad, mad crowds and we could either succeed or fail. Although a few orders have been messed up, I feel the crew is really coming along and honestly I'm learning something new everyday when working there. And I'm not just saying this because I work there, but honestly I do think the customer service is quite good. We always maintain that the customer is right even if they aren't and have the banter at front counter. The place is really clean and well kept too which is always a plus in a fast food place. We've had a few mess ups as I said but we're all getting into the swing of things now so service should be much quicker. We didn't have Oreo or Kitkat icecream last week or brownies or one/two flavours of frappes but should be resolved when I go back to work tomorrow after a few days off for Christmas. I really do think the new BK will last in Carlow. I thought originally that the location wasn't ideal but we've had so many customers. Oddly people will always travel for fast food. Plus I think there is a real market there for the IT students. Fingers crossed as it's good to be working! Pop down tomorrow for your whopper ha ;) Keep an eye out me haha ;)

I was in there on Christmas eve and the customer service we got was first class. The lady that served us was really pleasant to us and everyone that she served in the time we were there. Food was great and I will be returning so keep up the good work and here is hoping bk is a success in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Myself and two of the lads went in tonight to grab some food. From the second we walked in, the staff were some of the nicest people I've been served by! The girl who took our orders was lovely, and another girl came up after and was talking to us for a while about random ****e. All the kitchen staff seemed like they were having good fun back there too. Loads of 'em were laughing. Food was great too.
    All and all, great experience and I hope the standard with the staff it maintained!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Ok well here is the plan: We decide upon a carlow forum code word and when somebody mentions that in their order you lash in an extra bacon double cheese burger.....sound good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

im thinking of going there for lunch what times are you open and are there any pics?

racso1975 wrote: »
    Ok well here is the plan: We decide upon a carlow forum code word and when somebody mentions that in their order you lash in an extra bacon double cheese burger.....sound good?

I'll be in there some time soon with the kids - I'll just stand and shout "Which one of ye is KelleherQueen???" :pac:

I was in there on Christmas eve and the customer service we got was first class. The lady that served us was really pleasant to us and everyone that she served in the time we were there. Food was great and I will be returning so keep up the good work and here is hoping bk is a success in Carlow.

great to hear :D

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'll be in there some time soon with the kids - I'll just stand and shout "Which one of ye is KelleherQueen???" :pac:

hahahaha :D i have to keep the element of mystery its in my contract :D

tonyheaney wrote: »
    im thinking of going there for lunch what times are you open and are there any pics?

we open 11-11 at the min but times will be changing shortly to open longer ;)

hahahaha :D i have to keep the element of mystery its in my contract :D

Right so, I'll just ask Dave. ;);)

Right so, I'll just ask Dave. ;);)
    which dave haha, u work with me dontcha :D

I had my first in house Chicken Royan yesterday. Place is a bit small but better then nothing. In house lighting could be dimmed a bit as it was blinding. the que was a bit disorganised a few people were unsure as to who was first, id hate to see that in rush hour. food was perfect and loved the milkshake. I was first served by a really nice young girl (im young too) the first time and she was good at her job kind courteous and smiled and was polite. when i finished my meal i got three cheese burgers to go and was served by a very young guy who the original girl helped. i thought training was out of hours?? but no matter i got what i wanted and was happy with the result.

neqk39j

negs9qj

negs9qj

neqk39j

n9k6ysj

mjn3p8j

0ed9n2j

0kk3r2j

5iymw6j

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

I had my first in house Chicken Royan yesterday. Place is a bit small but better then nothing. In house lighting could be dimmed a bit as it was blinding. the que was a bit disorganised a few people were unsure as to who was first, id hate to see that in rush hour. food was perfect and loved the milkshake. I was first served by a really nice young girl (im young too) the first time and she was good at her job kind courteous and smiled and was polite. when i finished my meal i got three cheese burgers to go and was served by a very young guy who the original girl helped. i thought training was out of hours?? but no matter i got what i wanted and was happy with the result.
    neqk39j

Eating like a BOSS....thats the stuff of legends.
    neqk39j

• Advertisement

which dave haha, u work with me dontcha :D

Haha no I don't..

I know Dave A...., from a town about 10km or so from Carlow.
    ;)

Haha no I don't..

I know Dave A...., from a town about 10km or so from Carlow.
    ;)
    Ha! I'm Aisling aka Ash I know David well he's hilarious!!

mjn3p8j

0kk3r2j

5iymw6j

That's great to hear! :D I'm trying to think was I the one you're talking about who served you? What did she look like?! :P Come again to BK :D
    The young guy is newer than the rest of us but he is a wee gem and has picked up things perfectly! :D

Ha! I'm Aisling aka Ash I know David well he's hilarious!!

That he surely is!
    I'll be looking at name tags next time I'm in so haha!

That's great to hear! :D I'm trying to think was I the one you're talking about who served you? What did she look like?! :P Come again to BK :D
    The young guy is newer than the rest of us but he is a wee gem and has picked up things perfectly! :D

he had glasses? LOL and im sure you would remember i has a chicken royal meal for eat in and then 3 cheese burgers to go lol (not for me) :D:D:D

he had glasses? LOL and im sure you would remember i has a chicken royal meal for eat in and then 3 cheese burgers to go lol (not for me) :D:D:D

lol sorry i don't remember ya :p

:D:D:D:D:D you will have to post a pic so we can all say hello. whose with me on this request???;););););););)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

:D:D:D:D:D you will have to post a pic so we can all say hello. whose with me on this request???;););););););)

With a bacon double cheese burger in each hand!!!!

homer-simpson-drooling-a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

It's great, at last a proper burger in Carlow. I didn't bother with the he drive-tru as it was jammed, i just parked the car across the road and ordered at the counter, was very fast anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Do they do kiddies meals in burger king ? Like chicken nuggets . If I bring my kids and they dont there will be holy war lol

Advertisement