Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Owryan wrote: »
    Do they do kiddies meals in burger king ? Like chicken nuggets . If I bring my kids and they dont there will be holy war lol

Yep.
    I've had my 3 in there, and they love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I feel it needs to be biger, dont get me wrong i like it but the store next to dealz would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I feel it needs to be biger, dont get me wrong i like it but the store next to dealz would be perfect

The centre of town would be prefect for it.

I really hope it stays open long term and the novelty factor doesn't wear off and people get fed up going out to it.

Get great to have those jobs in town.

I don't drive and walked out there once and it was great, But it will be a long while before I walk that far out of town again for fast food to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yep.
    I've had my 3 in there, and they love it.

Cheers, been and gone. First time there n not a great impression but the burger was divine. Staff didnt seem to be very switched on ie people at the counter left standing. My order (for takeaway) was left at the till and nobody said anything. But will be back .

Owryan wrote: »
    Cheers, been and gone. First time there n not a great impression but the burger was divine. Staff didnt seem to be very switched on ie people at the counter left standing. My order (for takeaway) was left at the till and nobody said anything. But will be back .

They're open only two weeks, I'm sure these are teething problems - I'm sure the supervisors/managers are learning on the job too! :)
    Like you say though, I'll definitely be back too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So jealous Carlow has a BK now :D
    Looking forward to trying it out soon though!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'm hearing they're starting to do breakfast now too? Apparently started yesterday (9th) Will be in to see if it's true a some stage of the next week or two/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did the drive through today. The menu outside is placed beyond the order point which was badly signposted. We had to reverse back after we heard a voice behind us. Chips are far better than mcDs, they taste "real."
    Getting out of the drive through on a Friday at 3.45 is badly hampered by students from the Vocational School and IT blocking sight lines both ways. Got close to getting one of the kids out to press pedestrian light button to stop traffic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Didn't like the food I had in Burger King today, just wasn't nice, I mean it was edible but it wasn't the same as the ones in Dublin. Got myself a KFC afterwards which went down a treat :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you got a burger king.. and then a kfc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

you got a burger king.. and then a kfc?

MichelleObamaAntiObesity.jpg

that image search took me to some strange parts of the internet..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

went out to BK this evening as hadnt been in an age and it was closed due to "technical difficulties" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

They were doing a lot of internal and external work during the week. They also have a big family fun day tomorrow. Maybe something went wrong with the works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

The service (or lack of) at BK in Carlow leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Any chance of example or did something happen in particular

screamer wrote: »
    The service (or lack of) at BK in Carlow leaves a lot to be desired.

I dunno it was ok for me last night and again last week. we ordered our food we got our food everything was fine we even had one whopper of a sunset to eat to. mv58w7.jpg:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Has Burger King closed already? Was passing by there this morning and no sign of life and a bank holiday weekend is not the time to closed for maintenance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has Burger King closed already? Was passing by there this morning and no sign of life and a bank holiday weekend is not the time to closed for maintenance etc.

Was open last weekend but was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was open last weekend but was dead.

Was in it Tuesday and it was jammed. There is huge thread about BK in this forum already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was open when I passed a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement

seems like it doesn't open early for breakfast anymore.

also looks like the bakewell cafe is closed altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

patrickc wrote: »
    seems like it doesn't open early for breakfast anymore.

also looks like the bakewell cafe is closed altogether.

Yep that was gone when I was in there, signs up saying visit Tullow road for nearest branch.

Jaysus, was it even open 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If you weren't from Carlow you'd never know there was a BK in town. There are zero signs on any of the approach roads into Carlow. You only notice it when you're right on top of it.

Also the menus inside piss me off. Just use static menus ffs.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    If you weren't from Carlow you'd never know there was a BK in town. There are zero signs on any of the approach roads into Carlow. You only notice it when you're right on top of it.

Also the menus inside piss me off. Just use static menus ffs.

agree re the menus

in the last 2 weeks there's small signs up on the Kilkenny road in saying BK is here

edit 10k posts jaisis

• Registered Users Posts: 34 VixToons

I always forget burger king is there and iv actually eaten in it!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

VixToons wrote: »
    I always forget burger king is there and iv actually eaten in it!!!

I think it's awful, food doesn't taste right at all.

It's there purely for the college, you'd be much better off making your own dinner or yenno... Abrakebabra maybe! :pac:

what is with all the power cuts? went there last week and they had one and again a week before???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tonyheaney wrote: »
    what is with all the power cuts? went there last week and they had one and again a week before???
    Rats from the river chewin through the cables:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

Burgerking Closed AGAIN what the bloody hell is going on

Advertisement