Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger king

1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

tonyheaney wrote: »
    what is with all the power cuts? went there last week and they had one and again a week before???

Just drove past at 12:15 and its closed again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

theevilman wrote: »
    Burgerking Closed AGAIN what the bloody hell is going on

I was in there with the kids last Sat and one of the lads was telling me that there was a problem with one of the extractor fans. Something along the lines of it wasn't working properly, and because of the build up of heat, a safety shut-off kicked in and cooled the grills.

Can only guess that it's something to do with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I was in there with the kids last Sat and one of the lads was telling me that there was a problem with one of the extractor fans. Something along the lines of it wasn't working properly, and because of the build up of heat, a safety shut-off kicked in and cooled the grills.

Can only guess that it's something to do with that.

I am going to make a complaint to HQ. we fought for so long to get a BK in here and its hardly ever open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

It's there purely for the college, you'd be much better off making your own dinner or yenno... Abrakebabra maybe! :pac:

I've actually been in there a few times at different times during the day and there's very few students from the IT there. There's some secondary school kids buying ice-creams but that's it.

It seems to be mostly business people and tradesmen whenever I'm in there.

The food is relatively expensive considering you can get a carvery style dinner in the IT for €4.95 and burger and chips or pizza for similar prices so I don't think the students are using it as much as the owners probably hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

College canteen is subsidised surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Al Capwned wrote: »
    College canteen is subsidised surely?

Of course it is.

You'd be foolish to choose BK over the canteen in fairness.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Never going there again, I went through the drive thru about 2 weeks ago.
    Got the usual for the family, 2 adult meal, 3 kiddies meals, no drinks, came to 30 quid.
    Much cheaper in Supermacs or Maccy Dees, won't make that mistake again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Never going there again, I went through the drive thru about 2 weeks ago.
    Got the usual for the family, 2 adult meal, 3 kiddies meals, no drinks, came to 30 quid.
    Much cheaper in Supermacs or Maccy Dees, won't make that mistake again.

Sure all the meals come with drinks???

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

racso1975 wrote: »
    Sure all the meals come with drinks???

Didn't want drinks so just ordered 4x large fries, 2x Double Whoopers & 12 nuggets, maybe 2x Oinion Rings aswell.
    All came to €30, would have been cheaper to go to Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Didn't want drinks so just ordered 4x large fries, 2x Double Whoopers & 12 nuggets, maybe 2x Oinion Rings aswell.
    All came to €30, would have been cheaper to go to Eddie Rockets.

Probably would have been cheaper to get the meals and put the drinks in the bin.

• Advertisement

i brought in a coupon i got in may. Now it had no expiry date and said 2014 on it. i brought it on and they refused so i kicked up a fuss. the meal was family meal for €15 by the time i finished i got 4 large drinks, 2 double cheese and bacon whoppers and two single whoppers and 4 fries all for €12 :@)

AGAIN TODAY SOMETHING IS WRONG, WHERE BEFORE IT WAS THE ELECTRICS OR THE FRIDGE GOING DOWN TODAY bk WAS ONLY SERVING. WAIT FOR IT.... BURGERS ONLY. NOOOOO FRIES. Burger King Now Sucks [URL="[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/15z2q2o.jpg[/IMG]"]15z2q2o.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭fits

Looks like a nice day in Carlow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Their food is rotten, best go to McDonald's or better yet make something yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Their food is rotten, best go to McDonald's or better yet make something yourself.

To suggest someone go to McDonald's instead of Burger King is like recommending a kick in the nuts instead of a punch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

https://twitter.com/goapplegreen/status/602825206881714177

FREE Whopper Friday May 29th 12-4pm only at Burger King Carlow,Kilkenny Rd.&Tralee Food Court,Kerry...Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

PeteFalk78 wrote: »

FREE Whopper Friday May 29th 12-4pm only at Burger King Carlow,Kilkenny Rd.&Tralee Food Court,Kerry...Enjoy!

Are they the two stores most likely to close?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The one in Tralee is close to a McDonalds drive through, though further out of the town, not a great location, can't see it lasting.

https://twitter.com/goapplegreen/status/602825206881714177

do you work there?

Nope but not a million miles away

• Advertisement

so what i just turn up and i get a free burger? just like that?

tonyheaney wrote: »
    so what i just turn up and i get a free burger? just like that?

Yep. If you get past the queues.

Yep. If you get past the queues.

Ha i just drove past and WOW there are some queues, mostly from people who don't go there much, im betting BK are regretting it now lol,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Show up and get 2 free burgers was more like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit like the free McDonalds breakfast a few months back the queues when on for miles for something free.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: yuck I hate fast food i hate bk/McDonaldS/KFC OHHHHH FREEEE BURGERS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I went and got myself 2 free burgers and a drink, I'm not a stinge like! :pac:

But the queues were madness.

Advertisement