Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Surely its unlikely that OutKast will play at EP?
    is there not usually more info by now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

srm23 wrote: »

oh we've given up on expecting info from the EP crowd since last year. Between more court cases pending sure who knows what the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not usually an announcement on the lineup until round april, why would it be unlikely for outkast to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

When was last years Ep confirmed? I remember they announced it and then announced the cheap tickets at the same time I think? Any any idea which month .?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

When was last years Ep confirmed? I remember they announced it and then announced the cheap tickets at the same time I think? Any any idea which month .?

Was announced end of march and tickets went on sale early april, reckon it will the same this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Not usually an announcement on the lineup until round april, why would it be unlikely for outkast to play?

I thought they were just doing one or two special appearances,
    I looked on their site and they actually doing a festival tour so they prob could play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I thought they were just doing one or two special appearances,
    I looked on their site and they actually doing a festival tour so they prob could play.

They're doing 40 dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What I don't understand is why Bestival can announce now, while EP is a announced a few months after and Bestival is on the week after EP, it just doesn't make sense.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

S'pose cos Bestival aren't wrangled in a legal battle at the moment? Not affiliated with Festival Republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Surely they'd have to have tickets sorted before middle of May? Not sure what the big fuss is, know that there was legal shenanigans last year but EP still went ahead. Would have thought they'd have cut their losses by now and settled with each other but maybe it's a bit more complicated that forking out a few bob to end the dispute..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they have to wait till May to even announce anything then id say it wont happen this year . Unless they get a seriously strong line up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm pretty sure both parties would agree to some kind of arrangement that would allow the festival to go ahead. They both have too much to lose!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure both parties would agree to some kind of arrangement that would allow the festival to go ahead. They both have too much to lose!

That's my thinking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Foals would be amazing! perfect EP band in my opinion.

I think the whole court case thing is a destructive act by Reynolds, realistically if they wanted this could be sorted out in early September. Benn I Imagine is eager to proceed, get the festival tickets on sale as early as possible have all those 000000 sitting on their books for 8-9 months.
    Reynolds wants control or be bought out at a high price, he hits at a venerable stage in the planning process and will continue to do so each year! until he get what he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hearing date in May does not fill me with joy :( I'm very surprised they didn't push to get a date sooner than that. Surely the matter won't take long to hear, 2 days at the most, and Kelly isn't that busy.

I have my fingers crossed that it will go ahead and the line-up will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stubborn people will be stubborn no matter whats on the line, even money.

Letting it go till May would be a disaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

waiting till may to annouce a line up when the festival is at the start of september?? :eek: they better have a s*t hot line up

and foals as a headliner nahh iv liked them for a good while and seen them enough times but as a headliner , nope that ,

I doubt they could wait til May.. Court case was still ongoing when they went ahead last year so hopefully that will happen again this year..

Mr.S wrote: »
    Last year the lineup was only announced at the end of April. May doesn't seem that crazy if they have a very decent lineup and a decent price structure again.

Yes they might just announce a whole bill like the way Primavera was recently, in May sometime or the way Bestival has done it before unleashing the whole bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I think they sold out last year because of the delay in ticket sales. It created more of an interest and more of a demand... Last year was good, but they have a lot of work to do to bring EP back to the fantastic festival it once was!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ithink it was more the 150 tickets than the delay building up interest!

Regarding May, that's still 4 months from the festival. Things like forbidden fruit and b&s in June don't announce until March so it's hardly a big deal. Bigger acts will have been booked ages ago anyway.

Stuart Clark from Hot Press was on Newstalk just there and said that he thinks early bird tickets will be on sale very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The lineup isn't a factor for me tbh, last year was my first EP, and the buzz is immense, I'm going back to experience it all again regardless of who plays!!!

Last year the lineup was only announced at the end of April. May doesn't seem that crazy if they have a very decent lineup and a decent price structure again.

Had forgotten it was that late.. Interesting to see if the price structure will remain this year and esp next or is it a case of with announcing so late (compared to other years) due to court case they had to do something different..

Too many if's in that sentence.

@EPfestival
    Time's a ticking: 203 days #EP2014 pic.twitter.com/u66oArVUWr

I got an e-mail from Festihuts (way earlier than the e-mail they sent last year) saying that they'll be supplying festihuts at EP this year. A good sign hopefully.

Busta Rhymes and Lauryn Hill are around the same time as EP ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah they're both playing Outlook which is a few days after EP. doubt they'll end up on the EP lineup though.

• Advertisement

Can see Laura Mvula doing EP , would be a perfect act on the Main Stage if its a nice dry day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement