Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TXFM Dublin
    We have got something exciting to announce later on 1052 TX.fm... Tune in at 5pm to hear Joe Donnelly make the announcement.

Its been nearly impossible to keep this to ourselves; this is how we are feeling waiting to tell you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Any update on this announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

25 past now-tenner says its nothing to do with EP

According to Joe Donnelly it's pre-Body&Soul fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They said annoucement at 17.15

• Advertisement

According to Twitter is relates to Body&Soul and Bella Union, a record label.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Who John Grant happens to be signed to, and given how much Phantom/TXFM have milked the **** out of him since the great show at last Picnic I'll bet a pack of biscuits it's him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

You're a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

j grant doing a radio show on phantom.... god joe donnolly is painful...

GAH! Stupid phone rang at work! something to do with JG. What happened?

• Advertisement

Bahahaha. Worst. WORST.

roll wrote: »
    j grant doing a radio show on phantom.... god joe donnolly is painful...

Jesus, he's hosting a fecking radio show and they've been going on about it all fecking day!
    Talk about building nothing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Do ye think it will be sold out this year. I was gonna wait till july to get my ticket

ohbygod wrote: »
    Do ye think it will be sold out this year. I was gonna wait till july to get my ticket

why wait till July when the tickets price goes up by about €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Mince Pie wrote: »
    why wait till July when the tickets price goes up by about €40?

I was gonna get it b4 the 4th of july thats when the price goes up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ohbygod wrote: »
    I was gonna get it b4 the 4th of july thats when the price goes up

it will sell out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I would have loved to see Eagulls at EP this year, but I suspect that their appearance at Longitude has put an end to that. I'd like to see Brody Dalle too but I can't see that happening. I would have thought La Roux would also be a the type of band you'd see at EP but they'd just announced a gig in Dublin later in the yhear so I'd assume that rules out EP.

In terms of acts who fit the bill with what you normally associate with EP Sharon Van Etten, Mac DeMarco and rising UK band Honeyblood would seem like good matches.

There are normally a few up and coming Irish acts who are picked each year. Perhaps Sounds Of System Breakdown, Girls Names, Cork's Elastic Sleep, We Cut Corners or Sleep Thieves could make an appearance this year? Maybe Codes will make a return after their 2011 show at EP.

Dalle is barely playing any uk dates, going to leeds partly to see her, her and die antwoord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

it will sell out

I doubt it tbh. Definitely not before July 4th anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

kwat wrote: »
    Slightly early I know but what do you reckon the dates for 2015 will be, with the last weekend of August falling slightly earlier; 28th-30th August or 4th-6th September?
    Know in 2009 it was from the 4th-6th.
    Trying to plan around a wedding!

EP has always been held a week after the Reading and Leeds Festivals in England, which takes place during their August Bank Holiday weekend. As the last Monday in August falls during the former weekend mentioned, it is likely that EP will be held during the first weekend in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

it will sell out

:rolleyes:
    It will on its hoop. Certainly not before the end of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It just about sold out last year and that was with a far more mainstream, crowd pleasing line up. Id be very surprised if it sells out this year, especially with the extra capacity.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    It will on its hoop. Certainly not before the end of August.

True dat, no real headliner to bring the day ticket people in.

I think weather can play a major factor in ticket sales as well. Longitude is prime example, struggling until the stonkingly amazing weather and then bam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

MadYaker wrote: »
    It just about sold out last year and that was with a far more mainstream, crowd pleasing line up. Id be very surprised if it sells out this year, especially with the extra capacity.

Also last year the tickets were cheaper for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

A lad I know through a friend, who works in ticketmaster, said they are selling very well this year. I dunno if it's gonna sell out but I wouldn't be taking my chances. I don't know anyone who had any trouble getting the full discount so I imagine they sold a rake of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

There's not a chance it'll sell out this year.
    It'll probably come close but I reckon there'll be tickets available at it. It might sell out on the day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

desultory wrote: »
    There's not a chance it'll sell out this year.
    It'll probably come close but I reckon there'll be tickets available at it. It might sell out on the day itself.

There's not a chance it'll sell out... but it might sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

There's not a chance it'll sell out... but it might sell out?

It won't sell out before the date, not a chance of that.

Sorry for the wording but I'm sure you knew what I meant. Never let that get in the way of being a smart arse though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Someone I know who works for one of the sponsors was told to get her guest list number sorted quickly as it was selling very well.

• Advertisement

Someone I know who works for one of the sponsors was told to get her guest list number sorted quickly as it was selling very well.

Sure that's exactly what they'd be told to say.

As much as I like the lineup it is far too niche to sell 35000 tickets in this country - pretty sure capacity is increased now as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement