Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Toast wrote: »
    I get what you're saying but I think the momentum of last year will carry it (and I think the promoters know it too). People have some very interesting ideas of who is going to be added in their minds (some very disconnected from reality) and have bought tickets on the back of last years festival and their hopes for future additions. If the sales of the early birds were strong (and I have no reason to believe they weren't) that'll be enough to seed enough groups who'll pester their friends who are holding out. A string of bad weather running up to it is the only thing that will stop the inevitable at this point.
    yep, most of my friends have got their tickets already, and i'd imagine seeing as they were €150 or so, that many other people have got theirs too, same as last year, which heavily contributed to it selling out IMO. price dropped for a few months that low and the first sell out since 2008 i think?

added to that many people who left it too late last year, or people who remember friends etc. scrambling for tickets in the last 10days, will know not to leave it too late this year to get theirs, and probably snapped them up at the early bird price, or in the installment plan.

i don't think weather over the summer will make much of a difference though. weather in the week before EP and the forecast for that weekend will make a difference, but before that, not really. it's Ireland, a belting week of sun could be followed by a wet week the next. who in their right mind buys a ticket in July for EP based on either of those :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's totally personal but I much prefer this year's lineup.

But basing it on how popular the current acts are to the buying public?

Paolo Nuitini sold out 2 gigs in no time down in the Marquee in Cork. I'd say he'll drag a fair few.

Lily Allen is very popular.

Outkast's first gig in years.

I'm sure they will add more crowd pullers. Beck and Portishead have plenty of fans that haven't had many chances recently to see them.

It's all hear'say, but I really wouldn't bet on tickets being available for the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

It's all hear'say, but I really wouldn't bet on tickets being available for the week before.

You mean to tell me Hear'Say are playing!!?? Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

You mean to tell me Hear'Say are playing!!?? Happy days :D

They'd sell it out :pac:

Open bet to any and all, 50 euro says it won't be sold out before the Friday. If you wanna accept it then make sure you're actually going to the picnic so money can be exhanged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

A month old account offering a bet is not really going to get any takers. There was a bet in last years thread where someone bet the festival wouldn't be on at all. I'm pretty sure he disappeared conveniently come pay up time.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    A month old account offering a bet is not really going to get any takers. There was a bet in last years thread where someone bet the festival wouldn't be on at all. I'm pretty sure he disappeared conveniently come pay up time.

Yeah, I remember ;)

Fair enough so, just thought it'd be fun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

desultory wrote: »
    They'd sell it out :pac:

Open bet to any and all, 50 euro says it won't be sold out before the Friday. If you wanna accept it then make sure you're actually going to the picnic so money can be exhanged :)

Camping we are talking about yes, Day tickets are a different story

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Since it looks like Libertines will be doing more european shows , could they be a Sunday headliner? I know they are not an EP type act but they would def get extra punters down like AM did last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Libertines sold out Hyde Park which has a capacity of 50000, highly doubt they need to do a music festival. Would welcome them all the same.

Camping we are talking about yes, Day tickets are a different story

Yeah absolutely camping. Didn't even take day tickets into consideration, that depends on who they put on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Libertines sold out Hyde Park which has a capacity of 50000, highly doubt they need to do a music festival. Would welcome them all the same.

They are doing 2 other festivals aswell as Hyde Park and Glasgow though

we've had 2 announcements, i seriously doubt there's any headliners left to be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

we've had 2 announcements, i seriously doubt there's any headliners left to be named.

Apart from the late Saturday night techno headliner for the main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What's Squarepusher doing these days and chance he might turn up?

What's Squarepusher doing these days and chance he might turn up?

He played 2012, time for Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada to play, Autechre and Flying Lotus have played other EPs, it would be nice to get a dedicated Warp tent or a Boiler Room tent, even if it meant renaming the Little Big Tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

how can this type of thing happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

the "soundtrack to misspent youth" and associated nostalgia market is big bucks?

probably Chic, assuming it's even happening anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i hope its chic similar to when george clinton took the spot , straight after outkast would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 25 listenshh

Just got my tickets this morning, anyone else get theirs?

• Advertisement

Got mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

He played 2012, time for Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada to play, Autechre and Flying Lotus have played other EPs, it would be nice to get a dedicated Warp tent or a Boiler Room tent, even if it meant renaming the Little Big Tent.

I heard the tent was about one quarter full for Squarepusher so I think getting any of them back (except for Flying Lotus) is wishful thinking.

Just came across a strange thought that connects Body & Soul Festival with EP, apart from the obvious connection of them being part of EP. The B&S festival occurs on the Summer Solstice marking the end of the school season for the summer whilst EP occurs during the start of the next school season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They just announced on facebook that Sunday day tickets have sold out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sunday EP tickets are sold out apparently. Not sure but is that well ahead of last year? Don't think they've even named who's playing on Sunday yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Jaysis! Was not expecting that.

Looks like it's well on its way to selling out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Totally shocked myself at that. Reckon that will get people gee'd up to get their tickets now before full price comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sunday EP tickets are sold out apparently. Not sure but is that well ahead of last year? Don't think they've even named who's playing on Sunday yet.

it's either beck or outkast as portishead have announced they are playing the saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »

Clearly have too much free time but last year day tickets only sold out on 22 August (just over a week before EP). Aside from the fact it sold out so far in advance think it's interesting people are going without knowing who's playing the Sunday. Know they don't release the exact break-down till very soon before it but think other years they release acts playing the days a bit in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'd say Outkast for the Sunday headliner definitely. Seems like the obvious big act choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement