Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Where's that guy that wanted the €50 bet gone!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm actually shocked to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

peteeeed wrote: »
    it's either beck or outkast as portishead have announced they are playing the saturday night
    I'd say Outkast for the Sunday headliner definitely. Seems like the obvious big act choice.

I'd say it'll be Outkast alright.

You'd think with Sunday tickets selling out so fast they might consider releasing Saturday day tickets for instance but maybe that would cut into their profits..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

90 euro for a day ticket? How in the name of god did that sell out when the Sunday headliner hasn't even been announced?
    Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd say it'll be Outkast alright.

You'd think with Sunday tickets selling out so fast they might consider releasing Saturday day tickets for instance but maybe that would cut into their profits..
    Doubt it, people would camp overnight with their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

90 euro for a day ticket? How in the name of god did that sell out when the Sunday headliner hasn't even been announced?

Doubt it, people would camp overnight with their friends.

Couldn't people do that on the Sunday night anyway though? :P

Usually pretty strict on checking arm-bands coming out of the arena to prevent that though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Apart from the late Saturday night techno headliner for the main stage.

Techno?
    Don't you mean electronic?
    And I doubt they'll announce anyone for that, they have Chic, who would suit that slot just fine.

Just had a look at the 2008 Oxegen lineup, it's absolutely incredible! Don't see a festival here matching that for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm amazed tbh. no-one even announced for the Sunday so far.
    only thing i can think of is that there's a much smaller allocation of day tickets this year to counteract an increase in numbers for the overall weekend.

Clearly have too much free time but last year day tickets only sold out on 22 August (just over a week before EP). Aside from the fact it sold out so far in advance think it's interesting people are going without knowing who's playing the Sunday. Know they don't release the exact break-down till very soon before it but think other years they release acts playing the days a bit in advance?

They could just have put up less for sale, hence the sold out tag. I heard there was a huge amount of day trippers last year. Is that true? (I missed it last year)

Couldn't people do that on the Sunday night anyway though? :P

Usually pretty strict on checking arm-bands coming out of the arena to prevent that though..
    in 2011 or 2012 there weren't any checks coming into the campsite from the arena on the Sunday night, think the plan was to let daytrippers experience Salty Dogs, Rave in the Woods, Trenchtown etc.
    a few of my friends who were down for the day were wandering around with us.

presume the thinking was that there were no Monday tickets, so they weren't losing anything by letting them in.

stopped it the year after though....

• Advertisement

They could just have put up less for sale, hence the sold out tag. I heard there was a huge amount of day trippers last year. Is that true? (I missed it last year)
    couldn't really tell last year, weekend tickets were sold out so the Sunday was busy anyway, much the same as the Saturday.
    it was noticeable in 2012 as there was only 22,000 there for the weekend and several thousand down for The Killers etc on the Sunday.
    last year there was too many people in general for a difference on the Sunday to be noticable IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Where's that guy that wanted the €50 bet gone!? :D

I'm right here and it's still an open bet to whoever wants to take it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

why do people think nobody is announced for the Sunday?! Outkast, Beck and Portishead not the three headliners or am I mistaken?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It's just people unhappy with the lineup using wishful thinking. They never add a headliner this late in the day. And the fact that the Sunday tickets are gone already indicates they don't have to.

Are portishead Saturday or Sunday does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

GaryByrne wrote: »
    why do people think nobody is announced for the Sunday?! Outkast, Beck and Portishead not the three headliners or am I mistaken?!

Well it's just that we don't know specifically who's going to be playing on Sunday, so that's why its a bit surprising.

.....because none of them have been announced for the Sunday yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

.....because none of them have been announced for the Sunday yet :confused:

The top three names in the bill indicate the days of the weekend, Beck Sunday, Outkast Saturday Portishead Friday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The top three names in the bill indicate the days of the weekend, Beck Sunday, Outkast Saturday Portishead Friday.

Portishead are playing on the Sat…..they self announced on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sadie06 wrote: »
    Portishead are playing on the Sat…..they self announced on their website.

Sorry my bad, I didn't see that, hmmm interesting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Mr.S wrote: »
    No they aren't, when people are leaving the arena to the campsites fairly busy and with the silly system that EP use with wristband checks its pretty easy to get into the camp site

Even when its quiet, its usually some poor 18 year old girl steward left with asking scary drunk people to show their wrists. most people just walk on.

Really? I remember being pretty thoroughly checked going in and out of the campsite last year.

Really? I remember being pretty thoroughly checked going in and out of the campsite last year.

I wasn't checked going back into the campsite, I was checked leaving it to go to the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Sunday selling out is bizarre, I wonder what the allocation is?

I remember last year it was mentioned they were going to increase the day tickets by 5000 so I'd "guess" it's around 8000 or so tickets, I've no idea though. And last year the Sunday was wedged with feckin eejits, so I hope I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I wonder are they planning on selling more weekend tickets than other years therefore leaving less Sunday tickets to be sold & at the same time creating a bit of a fuss.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I remember last year it was mentioned they were going to increase the day tickets by 5000 so I'd "guess" it's around 8000 or so tickets, I've no idea though. And last year the Sunday was wedged with feckin eejits, so I hope I am wrong.

they cant up the numbers imo,its already fairly conjested in the arena with day tickets. And while you may get inot campsite on the sat night, security are tight last few years, very slim chance of getting back into arena next day

i've never found the arena congested at all really. loads of big green spaces around the tent stages and opposite the main stage towards the campsite entrance. i've been to many festivals far more congested than a sold-out EP which have been fine.
    as long as there's enough toilets and food stalls, they could easily add another 5k on.

won't be to day tickets though, they'll up the capacity of weekend tickets and keep the day ticket allocation the same, or more likely drop it so that they can keep the facilities/security at the same levels, hence the day tickets selling out so easily.

I don't understand why people would drop the guts of €100 without knowing the breakdown :confused:

Obviously some people just go for the festival itself and will probably assume they know a few bands, but to sell out completely?!

Wouldn't be surprised if more tickets where released in July / August, could be a cheap tactic to drive up weekend sales as people panic.

It's cheap but it's very smart and it more than likely will work, I know of a few people who rushed out to buy their weekend ticket yesterday because of this news and genuine fear that they're going to miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

The Indo today says Outkast and Simple Minds are both playing the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I must say I'm looking forward to simple minds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rfrip wrote: »
    I must say I'm looking forward to simple minds

Same although i really hope they dont have them clash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement