Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nile Rodgers
    The new show has gone over great in Spain. I can't wait to play it in the rest of the world. Thanks team CHIC!

1528564_10152503243418923_6214590303399956081_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't understand why people would drop the guts of €100 without knowing the breakdown :confused:

Obviously some people just go for the festival itself and will probably assume they know a few bands, but to sell out completely?!

Wouldn't be surprised if more tickets where released in July / August, could be a cheap tactic to drive up weekend sales as people panic.

It's not unheard of to do the fake sellout tactic but this doesn't look like it. If there is only 5000 Day tickets (someone had this number and it sounds right) then I could see this selling out on its own just to younger goers who know they'll never afford the big wedge but still want to be part of the picnic.

What we might see is that a lot of the Sunday tickets were picked up as a safety. Unable to afford a weekend now or even the installments people might have hoped they could get a weekend ticket some time closer to the time but didn't want to be left out. Probably no way of knowing for sure if that was the case but my gut feeling on the psychology that is driving EP sales is that there is a new generation who are far more interested in just getting to go than who is playing. Keep in mind I don't mean just to piss up in the campsite I mean to actually get to see what the whole thing is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I know it's just one person, but I have an 18 year old sister who definitely has a heap of friends buying day tickets/weekend tickets, just because it's the last 'cool Summer thing to do that's relatively mainstream'. Thankfully she has the sense to leave me to my 'weird old guy music'! :o

Keep in mind that these are all kids without the sense/ability to get cheap loyalty tickets, so day tickets are the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MattD wrote: »
    I know it's just one person, but I have an 18 year old sister who definitely has a heap of friends buying day tickets/weekend tickets, just because it's the last 'cool Summer thing to do that's relatively mainstream'. Thankfully she has the sense to leave me to my 'weird old guy music'! :o

Keep in mind that these are all kids without the sense/ability to get cheap loyalty tickets, so day tickets are the answer.

18yr old sister, giggity giggity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I am not a fan of the one day tickets at all. The amount of dodgy characters coming into the campsite on the Sunday was too much. Far more reports of robberies and the like. Not to mention the amount of ew moi gawd teenage idiots hopping on the bandwagon "because its cool".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

I am not a fan of the one day tickets at all. The amount of dodgy characters coming into the campsite on the Sunday was too much. Far more reports of robberies and the like. Not to mention the amount of ew moi gawd teenage idiots hopping on the bandwagon "because its cool".

Yeah it's extremely annoying, don't know why they'd bother coming near the campsites at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Tickets arrived today…….yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can't get my ticket for another few weeks, terrified it will sell out now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

For those of you who have gotten their tickets, do you mean the physical ones in the post? And were you on the installment plan? Just wondering should I be keeping me eye out for te postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I got mine in the post a few weeks ago, not on the instalment plan though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Scary enough on the Sunday last year, saw loads of fights and yoked out heads around. Very uneasy feeling, it was weird.

Anyone know what the craic with James Murphy is? Is it a Dj set?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Last year was my first year, but I didn't notice too many dodgy heads around on the Sunday, a small few but not a substantial amount more. It did feel a lot busier on the Sunday than the other two days though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure James Murphy is a DJ set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

IMO the people on yokes are all about the music and generally seem to be loving the vibes!

They're the least likely to be fighting anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    I must say I'm looking forward to simple minds

Last time I saw them was in the RDS in 89 on the day I got my leaving cert results (Texas were supporting), they were a superb live act at the time, if they are anywhere near as good as they were then they should be well worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mince Pie wrote: »
    For those of you who have gotten their tickets, do you mean the physical ones in the post? And were you on the installment plan? Just wondering should I be keeping me eye out for te postman.

Yes, physical tickets and I was on the instalment plan.

sadie06 wrote: »
    Yes, physical tickets and I was on the instalment plan.

Brilliant, cheers for that. Will have to restrain myself from harrassing the postie now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hugeglobe

Does anybody know when we can expect another announcement for the likes of the red bull stage and body and soul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Does anybody know when we can expect another announcement for the likes of the red bull stage and body and soul?

Body & Soul is probably August tbh ... usually comes quite late IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

hugeglobe wrote: »

Body & Soul and Salty Dog will be announced mid July according to the EP site.
    No mention of when the other areas will be announced though.

• Advertisement

I can see the next announcment happening either just before the tickets go up or just after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

IMO the people on yokes are all about the music and generally seem to be loving the vibes!

Haha To be fair I was pretty paranoid at the time! I also bought a bag of chips and put sugar on them instead of salt so don't listen to anything I say...

Tickets arrived today! Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Haha To be fair I was pretty paranoid at the time! I also bought a bag of chips and put sugar on them instead of salt so don't listen to anything I say...

How did they taste on a scale of bad to good to surprisingly good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Anyone get tickets in the post and notice that they say 2013? Seen a few complaints on fb about it

Mine is 2014 anyway.

Mine arrived too :)

Just checked mine and they say 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

haha sure hope mine don't say 2013 when they get here, would be fun trying to explain that at the gate in :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They'll just can the barcode and let you in if it comes up valid. It'll be a pain if you've to resell though as no one will touch them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement