Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Toast wrote: »
    They'll just can the barcode and let you in if it comes up valid. It'll be a pain if you've to resell though as no one will touch them.

A simple telephone call to Ticketmaster to tell them either a) you've lost your tickets, or b) they messed up the date, would result in new ones being sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

How did they taste on a scale of bad to good to surprisingly good?

I wouldn't say bad per se, just wrong. So wrong. The confusion and shock of the first few chips was harrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I wouldn't say bad per se, just wrong. So wrong. The confusion and shock of the first few chips was harrowing.
    I did the same after a night out in Eddie Rockets. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

BaZmO* wrote: »
    A simple telephone call to Ticketmaster to tell them either a) you've lost your tickets, or b) they messed up the date, would result in new ones being sent out.

Apparently ticketmaster are just saying to them it's a misprint but will be fine at the gates..wouldn't be trusting it myself! Definitely telling them they're lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Do TM issue replacements if you tell them you lost tickets? I was under the impression you've to tell them you never received it. Usually they will not entertain any reports of this until the week of the event. If you don't intend to resell them they'll be fine. The tickets could say they're for Glastonbury 2025 in the International Space Station and as long as the scanner beeps the right way you'll get in at the gates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone fancy throwing out some of the lesser known bands for me to look into? Feeling lazy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

My tickets say 2013 also at the top, but say the correct date further down. I'm sure it will be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Anyone fancy throwing out some of the lesser known bands for me to look into? Feeling lazy :P

Glass Animals just released their album, Zaba. Very funky.

Toast wrote: »
    Do TM issue replacements if you tell them you lost tickets? I was under the impression you've to tell them you never received it. Usually they will not entertain any reports of this until the week of the event. If you don't intend to resell them they'll be fine. The tickets could say they're for Glastonbury 2025 in the International Space Station and as long as the scanner beeps the right way you'll get in at the gates.

I've rang them before to say that I've lost my tickets and got replacements, although that was within a week of the gig and they just left them at the box office for collection.

Got my EP tickets today and they have 2014 on them.

Scanning the line up of other festivals around Europe, the line up of EP is fairly brutal. I know a lot of the smaller bands playing and I'm into them but still... I just hoping the Red Bull academy djs will be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Scanning the line up of other festivals around Europe, the line up of EP is fairly brutal. I know a lot of the smaller bands playing and I'm into them but still... I just hoping the Red Bull academy djs will be good!

What festivals? Who would you like to see added?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Black Keys and Jack White added would have me sold, even though none of my friends are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Is that all? Sure you don't a Beatles reunion too? Or an Elvis show? About as likely to be added.

Rustie has an album out the end of August, could be a good bet. Him and HudMo could be added in the next announcement, fingers crossed.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Is that all? Sure you don't a Beatles reunion too? Or an Elvis show? About as likely to be added.

Such a nasty attitude

I'd love Ben Klock for the rave in the woods again!

desultory wrote: »
    Such a nasty attitude

Eventually people are going to have to get used to the idea that the headliners are the headliners. Naming lists of bands that will never be announced helps nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm a seasoned electric picnic goer and went to my first body and soul at the wkend. Amazing wkend.
    Will ep ever bring in the free flow drink policy they have at body and soul???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Anyone hazard a guess as to what day Slowdive will play?

Anyone hazard a guess as to what day Slowdive will play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm a seasoned electric picnic goer and went to my first body and soul at the wkend. Amazing wkend.

What was the free flow drink policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Catmologen wrote: »
    What was the free flow drink policy?

You could bring drink wherever you wanted. Meant less people were restricted to getting pissed in the campsite before heading in so less chance of people doing themselves any harm. Bars probably lost a lot of business as a result though so questionable whether other festivals will run with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10487583_10204081724149371_1245873303447510518_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

You could bring drink wherever you wanted. Meant less people were restricted to getting pissed in the campsite before heading in so less chance of people doing themselves any harm. Bars probably lost a lot of business as a result though so questionable whether other festivals will run with it.

I thought the bars were still quite busy and I still saw plenty of people walking around with pints. We even bought pints ourselves even though we had plenty of beer for the weekend. This policy changed the whole atmosphere for the weekend into something a lot more enjoyable and relaxed than last year.

We also went to Vantastival a while back and they had the same policy. On the Sunday, the bar ran out of beer and all we could get there on the sunday night was some godawful rum & coke stuff which I stupidly bought and then gave away to my mates.

Granted, Vantastival is a small festival and is not fair to compare to B&S, never mind EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Rfrip wrote: »

I'd love to see it introduced to picnic it made for a really easy going atmosphere. It also meant you didn't have to waste time being searched coming and going from the campsite, which is a big plus to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Naming lists of bands that will never be announced helps nothing.

Messaging each other on this forum actually helps nothing, so evaluating people's contribution based on how 'helpful' you perceive it to be is a bit laughable to be fair.

Granted their predictions or hopes may be groundless, wistful thinking but hey, this is exactly what the forum is for - discussion, not petitioning the organisors.

Personally I find it interesting to see who people want at EP and thinking about how those acts would fit in with the overall line up and atmosphere...which is a valid and helpful contribution to a discussion!

Wahey! Now you can't complain about it being unhelpful any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

10487583_10204081724149371_1245873303447510518_n.jpg

Can someone refresh my memory? Did Red Bull take over the Rave in the Woods last year? Or was there a Red Bull stage, and the rave?

Is Treasure Beach the new Rankin wood stage? Is Roots inna da woods a different dance stage again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    Can someone refresh my memory? Did Red Bull take over the Rave in the Woods last year? Or was there a Red Bull stage, and the rave?

Is Treasure Beach the new Rankin wood stage? Is Roots inna da woods a different dance stage again?!

I think Treasure Beach and Roots inna da woods are just separate stages for the expanded Trenchtown area, Rave in the Woods (Red Bull) is usually announced sometime around August.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Eventually people are going to have to get used to the idea that the headliners are the headliners. Naming lists of bands that will never be announced helps nothing.

and making díckhead comments doesn't help anything either, but you had a decent go anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement