Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'd love to see it introduced to picnic it made for a really easy going atmosphere. It also meant you didn't have to waste time being searched coming and going from the campsite, which is a big plus to me!
    Exactly it was just brilliant, you literally had no queues going in and out of campsite, just strolled on it at your leisure!
    We bought a lot of beer sat and Sunday as I like cold beer( princess in a former life ya see) so it for one didn't make any difference to amount of money I would spend at this and ep.
    The whole wkend was just amazing....such a great crowd, no trouble, everyone just chilled the f out and enjoyed themselves. I literally had a smile on my face all wkend.

Ep won't be long coming round now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

64 days not including today I believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

EP commented under someones facebook post that there "are" in fact a few main acts to be announced to the lineup. Personally I'm happy out, such an old school vibe this year.

Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm a seasoned electric picnic goer and went to my first body and soul at the wkend. Amazing wkend.
    Will ep ever bring in the free flow drink policy they have at body and soul???
    at EP 2005 they had this from what I remember for the B&S area and the Bodytonic tent as they were outside the "main arena" area.
    might have had it the next year too, can't really remember when the main arena fences were moved so that the B&S area was inside them.

worked well from what i remember, i definitely recall roaming around the B&S area with a few cans checking out acts in the early daytime, as opposed to sitting in the campsite for half the day like i usually do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

at EP 2005 they had this from what I remember for the B&S area and the Bodytonic tent as they were outside the "main arena" area.
    might have had it the next year too, can't really remember when the main arena fences were moved so that the B&S area was inside them.

worked well from what i remember, i definitely recall roaming around the B&S area with a few cans checking out acts in the early daytime, as opposed to sitting in the campsite for half the day like i usually do now.

Yeah the Body & Soul area and most of the area just inside the Hendrix boundry wall these days(the area with the Swing chairs etc) were in the campsite in 2005.

I'm pretty sure it changed the next year with a big increase in the amount of people camping from about 15,000 to 25,000 odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just listening to Dance, Dance, Dance and Everybody Dance etc and I reckon Chic with a few cans in me will be hilarious craic!

Just listening to Dance, Dance, Dance and Everybody Dance etc and I reckon Chic with a few cans in me will be hilarious craic!

I'd say it'll get everyone going anyway :) crazy feel good vibe off them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I hope they do have the Free Flow drink thingy yolk ye are talking about, be way better sitting around talking shiite listening to MUSIC than just plain ol' no music can drinkin' shiite talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

desultory wrote: »
    and making díckhead comments doesn't help anything either, but you had a decent go anyway.

Grow up.

I hope they do have the Free Flow drink thingy yolk ye are talking about, be way better sitting around talking shiite listening to MUSIC than just plain ol' no music can drinkin' shiite talk.

Ah there's always some music blasting out of tiny speakers in the campsite though, or god forbid, someone with a guitar. Would only love to be able to enter the arena with drink though!

And BadTurtle..go away with your bad vibes.

• Advertisement

Bad vibes. Are you 12 or something?

I've just gotten very tired of hearing how Coldplay or The Black Keys or QOTSA or any other band are going to swoop in and take over Sunday or Saturday from the actual headliners in a bid to push up sales that actually seem to be going better than ever. There's no point speculating on things you know won't happen, do that for EP15 or something.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Bad vibes. Are you 12 or something?

I see making patronising dîckhead comments is just something bred into you then.
    Good luck to ya! Won't be replying again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Bars probably lost a lot of business as a result though so questionable whether other festivals will run with it.

Actually that one cocktail bar with the crazy pricey drinks made a small fortune over the weekend. Not sure bout the Bulmers bars but never seemed to be empty at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Actually that one cocktail bar with the crazy pricey drinks made a small fortune over the weekend. Not sure bout the Bulmers bars but never seemed to be empty at least.

That seriously needed a bigger serving area and more staff, used it once and could not be arsed trying to get another drink at it. It seemed to be constantly mobbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I fairly certain Cate le Bon is going to be added to the line up as she's playing End of the Road Festival. Highly recommend giving her a listen, Mug Museum is a great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm getting so excited!

GaryByrne wrote: »
    EP commented under someones facebook post that there "are" in fact a few main acts to be announced to the lineup. Personally I'm happy out, such an old school vibe this year.

Cant wait

They didn't mean main acts, they meant acts in the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They didn't mean main acts, they meant acts in the main arena.

That's what I meant sorry, should've stated that better! I'm under no illusion these are not the headliners already :L

Does James Murphy have solo stuff? I assume he won't be playing any LCD! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He djs I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

He'll play a DJ set, proabaly with an LCD Soundsystem tune or two thrown in. Fairly rocked the house in 2012.

Hope EP sort out their electronic act soon enough. Swaying along to indie stuff is fine but as the day draws on I always feel the need to dance up a storm. Apart from James Murphy and Bicep they're sorely lacking in the banging choons stakes, as it stands. The Red Bull Academy are always very much on point but they really need to fill out the Little Big Tent. Though from memory I think they tend to add a good swathe of dance acts closer to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Flume is decent on the electronic front if you haven't checked him out.

Yeah, Flume has a great sound alright. I guess I'm thinking along the lines of straight-up banging stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 craigfoster

Looks like a great line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

He'll play a DJ set, proabaly with an LCD Soundsystem tune or two thrown in. Fairly rocked the house in 2012.

Hope EP sort out their electronic act soon enough. Swaying along to indie stuff is fine but as the day draws on I always feel the need to dance up a storm. Apart from James Murphy and Bicep they're sorely lacking in the banging choons stakes, as it stands. The Red Bull Academy are always very much on point but they really need to fill out the Little Big Tent. Though from memory I think they tend to add a good swathe of dance acts closer to the event.
    they added a few, but last year there were quite a few non-dance acts in the Little Big Tent.
    not really sure why, Bestival is on the week after with a crapload of DJs, many international that could be booked, and DJs cost a hell of a lot less than bands...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I wonder is it that difficult to get something like a Leftfield or BoC/AFX DJ set. I mean all you need is someone familiar with one of them to hit play and it would still be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Man a similar drinks policy to body & soul would be brilliant this year!!

I'd nearly prefer that to any more big announcements. *gets coat an runs

Flume is great but it's more chill then music to go raving to or whatever :P That said On Top is a great tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Man a similar drinks policy to body & soul would be brilliant this year!!

I'd nearly prefer that to any more big announcements. *gets coat an runs

Agree 100%

• Advertisement

they added a few, but last year there were quite a few non-dance acts in the Little Big Tent.
    not really sure why, Bestival is on the week after with a crapload of DJs, many international that could be booked, and DJs cost a hell of a lot less than bands...
    It could be that American festivals like Electric Zoo, which runs in tandem with EP, are snapping up a lot of potential acts. The main draw at these festivals is EDM garbage, but they have huge purchasing power and seem to have something of a "book everything" policy.

Aside from this there's been a shift in dynamic for the Rave in the Woods. Up until recently, it was a curio run by Neutronyx attended by people who'd taken so many pills that they could put up with Psytrance. Now it's got a lot more variety and is more oriented towards house and techno. It's probably siphoning off some acts that would have played in the main arena. A few years ago Ben Klock would have been a shoe-in for the dance tent, as well as local lads like CLU and Frank B.

Having said that, DJs are typically cheap to book relative to their live counterparts, and there's no end to the talent out there. EP has traditionally been a rather dance-oriented festival, and all the better for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement