Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

I don't see any need for a mattress. I'm sure it be nice but I'd never consider bringin one, ground really isn't that bad!

Depends where you get, ground is usually pretty brutal when trying to get any form of a decent sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I don't see any need for a mattress. I'm sure it be nice but I'd never consider bringin one, ground really isn't that bad!

If you want to be functional for work the following week it's nearly essential.

If you have the week off then you're just spoiling yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I was there the last 2 years and the only trouble I had sleeping was Sunday morning of 2012. Scorching so it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

If you want to be functional for work the following week it's nearly essential.

If you have the week off then you're just spoiling yourself!

Actually ya, I've not had to worry about work in the past so could be a different story this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

haven't done without an airbed since i was a teenager going to witnness/oxegen!
    less than 10mins for a double bed with a footpump for a tenner from tesco. can even have a can while doing it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Any thoughts on who will be on the Friday and whether it will be pretty much just a main stage affair like last year? The main acts last time on the 1st day were pretty much just MBV and Fatboy Slim were they not?

I'm guessing Chic might be in the Fatboy "slot" if it is the same setup. Half tempted to just turn up on the Saturday if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It was only fat boy slim on main stage Friday night :(

I'm sure I saw somewhere that it's chic sat night

Thought Portishead announced they were playing Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Would like to see Jamie xx do a dj set and 2manydjs again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any thoughts on who will be on the Friday and whether it will be pretty much just a main stage affair like last year? The main acts last time on the 1st day were pretty much just MBV and Fatboy Slim were they not?

I'm guessing Chic might be in the Fatboy "slot" if it is the same setup. Half tempted to just turn up on the Saturday if so.

Wu Tang Clan were on at 7.30 pm I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Wu Tang Clan were on at 7.30 pm I think.

No I'm pretty sure the only thing going on Friday night was fat boy slim...Giorgio morodor was supposed to be in electric arena or somewhere but cancelled
    They did the whole fireworks n cake hooley

(Aside from body and soul if course)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, and Fatboy Slim were on the main stage on Friday last year.

Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, and Fatboy Slim were on the main stage on Friday last year.

Oops!they all clearly had a huge impact on me:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Watched Miles Kane (well the last 2 songs due to taking ages getting into the arena from the campsite with the security) and Wu Tang then went back for drink and came back for FBS

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Any chance Hozier might end up at picnic this year? Very talented lad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TouchinVoid

Just saw "Jungle's" set at glastonbury, they are very impressive cant wait for them along with "Drenge", "Temples" and I am hoping that "parquet courts" or "fat white family" get added.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just watching Kelis atm on BBC2 Glastonbury, looks like she is worth checking out at the Picnic, I think she is playing Sea Sessions this weekend too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Are the 194.50 tickets sold out? The closing date was 5th July!!

hillbloom wrote: »
    Are the 199.50 tickets sold out? The closing date was 5th!!

Of july

Looks like they've withdrawn the tickets...they'll be back come the 5th with a brand new price tag.

• Advertisement

Looks like they've withdrawn the tickets...they'll be back come the 5th with a brand new price tag.

So cheaper tickets are gone?

Looks like it but check as it approaches the 5th and they might release a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Just saw "Jungle's" set at glastonbury, they are very impressive cant wait for them along with "Drenge", "Temples" and I am hoping that "parquet courts" or "fat white family" get added.

Parquet Courts and Fat White Family would be great!

Django Django would class, purely just to bounce to Default.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Really looking forward to London Grammar now, pretty spine tingling stuff watching their glasto set.

siblers wrote: »
    Really looking forward to London Grammar now, pretty spine tingling stuff watching their glasto set.
    Wonder what time of the day they will be on, wouldn't be in the mood for that now past 8 bells. 5 slot would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Annie Macs set in Glastonbury B2B with Tiga is up on bbc website if anyone interested

wont let me post link!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Watched the St Vincent stream from Glastonbury yesterday, it was beautiful, hypnotic and downright bonkers. Excluding Portishead there's not another artist I'm looking forward to seeing more at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Anyone bringing an airbed can pay a fiver I think it was to have it inflated in a few seconds, so save yer lungs! :P

So... When is the next announcement going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

This is my first EP so just wondering whether its possible to drive up on the thursday night and pitch tents then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement