Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No Slane this year btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    No Slane this year btw

I read on my Facebook news feed that major Irish festival was cancelled this year

I almost had a seizure thinking it was ep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Rfrip wrote: »
    I read on my Facebook news feed that major Irish festival was cancelled this year

I almost had a seizure thinking it was ep

slane? or a good chance it was oxegen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foals
    WE ARE PLAYING Bestival!!

We couldn't be more excited & honoured to take part this year, it's the perfect end to our touring for Holy Fire. Grab your tickets at http://www.ticketline.co.uk/bestival-tickets

We promise a night of madness, mayhem & good times.

Peace out

Could rule them out for EP but nearly dead cert for them to do FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Why would it rule them out? Haven't they shared acts the last few years?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Why would it rule them out? Haven't they shared acts the last few years?

Yea but they said it would be a perfect way to end their touring schedule for Holy Fire. Im just reading that as their last show till the next album

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

But EP is the week before, so it could still be their last

I'm staying optimistic :)

maximoose wrote: »
    But EP is the week before, so it could still be their last

I'm staying optimistic :)

Ah see i thought it was the same weekend . Never mind me so , ill also be optimistic ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Getting fed up with lack of info on this, time to speculate what might be announced.
    Portishead (Announced for Rock En Seine the weekend before so they are definitely touring Europe for August)
    Moderat (Should be a decent time gap after their show in Dublin)
    Aphex Twin (My own fantasy I suppose)
    Dr John and the Nite Trippers
    Queens of the Stone Age
    The National
    Godspeed You Black Emporer
    Cut Copy
    Outkast
    Chromeo
    Beck
    Motorhead or Hawkwind
    Little Dragon
    Jon Hopkins (Playing Dimensions in Croatia on 29th, so the 30th and 31st is free for the moment anyway)
    Four Tet (Playing Life festival, but regular enough to make a EP appearance too)

Some of these anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What are the chances of london grammar making an appearance? Playing bestival a week later and would suit EP to a t in my opinion

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    What are the chances of london grammar making an appearance? Playing bestival a week later and would suit EP to a t in my opinion

Yes would be a great electric arena act! Hopefully ;)

London Grammar nailed it on Jools Holland

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdDYevWGRg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

DJ friend of mine just put up that he was asked to warm up for Disclosure at EP2014!

GenieOz wrote: »
    DJ friend of mine just put up that he was asked to warm up for Disclosure at EP2014!

You sure he does'nt mean Longitude? Not a hope they are doing EP this year again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any chance he could do the set instead of them? Couldn't be any worse ;)

You sure he does'nt mean Longitude? Not a hope they are doing EP this year again

Well he definitely had EP up but when I went to check it to get a screen the status is now deleted, 100 percent said "EP2014" though so who knows whether he meant longitude? I'll probably see him after so I'll ask what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there would be no DJs "warming up" for Disclosure at either Longitude or EP.

there would be no DJs "warming up" for Disclosure at either Longitude or EP.

Yea true unless they meant playing on the Red Bull stage or whatever they have at Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

My brother's friend's cousin's neighbour's dentist told my sister's neighbour's doctor's receptionist's father that they have no idea who'll be playing Electric Picnic

My brother's friend's cousin's neighbour's dentist told my sister's neighbour's doctor's receptionist's father that they have no idea who'll be playing Electric Picnic

Good one!

I was only repeating what he had up, I thought the idea of this thread was speculation on who will be playing at EP2014 and talking about it.
    Don't think I'll bother in future.

• Advertisement

Good one!

I was only repeating what he had up, I thought the idea of this thread was speculation on who will be playing at EP2014 and talking about it.
    Don't think I'll bother in future.

No need to get annoyed over a joke, wasn't directed at you personally was just a general dig at all the speculation on here so far, with no information whatsoever from Electric Picnic themselves, it's just getting a bit frustrating waiting for something official to be announced. Sorry if you took offence to it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

To keep the general speculation going, I heard over the weekend from an insider that the launch is going to be the 19th March. We should have ticket info and some acts then and no I don't have any backup for this.

Nile Rodgers and Chic announced as Bestival headliner . I know they dont share many acts but can see him doing EP again maybe a late night slot or subbing/Electric Arena headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Nile Rodgers and Chic announced as Bestival headliner . I know they dont share many acts but can see him doing EP again maybe a late night slot or subbing/Electric Arena headliner

I would buy a ticket for a bit of Chic or Nile Rodgers alone, missed their gigs earlier in the year. It'd be like walking on sunshine to see them live, especially in a festival setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would absolutely love to see Chic play at EP, they would be fantastic on the Sunday night. Saw them in Vicar St earlier in the year, incredible show that they put on. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Would absolutely love to see Chic play at EP, they would be fantastic on the Sunday night. Saw them in Vicar St earlier in the year, incredible show that they put on. Fingers crossed!

2009 in the Electric Arena is something I will never forget! Never seen an atmosphere like it (although David Byrne & St. Vincent was close)

Chic seemed genuinely blown away by crowd reaction that day (they even got a chorus of "ole ole") - have heard them reference that gig many times in interviews afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Chic are one of those perfect EP performers.

Electric Picnic tweeted that information for tickets will be released 'VERY soon' and that the reward scheme will be similar to last years

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Oh, that'll be good.

• Advertisement

Added to Lowlands festival , Might see a few at EP
    Portishead
    Milky Chance
    Janelle Monáe
    Boy & Bear
    Cashmere Cat
    Fiddler's Green
    Jungle