Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

OldGoat wrote: »

CMOD:
    Lots of drug talk going on here. Of itself it's not a bad topic but when the conversation veers into methods of avoiding detection, ways of sourcing and of how to spot undercover garda we have crossed the line into an unacceptable standard for Boards.ie to host.

Cease and desist please.

Did people hear that New Zealand want to make actual cigarettes illegal by 2020. As in completely ban them. We're witnessing conversations of the future!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont really know anything about them but i think someone might have mentioned Death Grips as a possible act but they have broken up

Death Grips
    we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. we have officially stopped. all currently scheduled live dates are canceled. our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. above and beyond a "band". to our truest fans, please stay legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Dont really know anything about them but i think someone might have mentioned Death Grips as a possible act but they have broken up

Death Grips

I thought they might have played because of their new album. I'm pretty gutted they've called it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Same, I'm an emotional wreck. It's still my lifes goal to get punched in the face by Stefan. Someday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

make sure you don't have any cigarette-related memorabilia loose in your bag either as that could warrant a full strip search of you or your bag.

If you have a sleeping bag stuffed into its tie up cover you can also stuff things in there.

the entrances all have dogs, and they run the dogs through the crowds as you walk in so its a big risk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

the entrances all have dogs, and they run the dogs through the crowds as you walk in so its a big risk

I've never seen dogs at ep, was at all the first 5 and a couple since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CorkFeen10

Heading to electric picnic for the first time this year...really looking forward to it.

The missus has reservations about the camping area toilets etc.

Have they been kept reasonable enough conditon in previous years or do i have to have her pre-warned about the carnage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They aren't that bad really, just don't camp too near to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

CorkFeen10 wrote: »
    Heading to electric picnic for the first time this year...really looking forward to it.

Have they been kept reasonable enough conditon in previous years or do i have to have her pre-warned about the carnage?

They're generally okay but come Sunday they would be quite smelly and dirty.
    There would be loads of little portaloo sections in various areas and if there was 20 portaloos in a section you'd probably find 7-8 in okay condition and 3-4 in awful condition and the rest kind of in between. That's always been my experience anyway.
    I've always found the wheelchair accessible portaloos that are in some of the tents to be absolutely awful, even on the friday.
    I have never used the long drops but from what I've seen, I wouldn't recommend these to anybody. They're not great for concealing you either.

Bring toilet paper around with you, what I do is I thread a roll through the strap of my handbag (nobody will pay any attention to whether this is fashionable or not :p) and if your wife is bad with smells, buy her a nose clip.

Oh and plenty of alcohol gel :D

As above, don't camp next to the toilets, aside from the smell, I've always found them to be quite a busy area no matter what time of the day or night it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Did a spot of lunch time research for those of you interested:

Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Horrors - Fri or Sun

The Friday's might be speculative as some bands list the first day of festivals in their listings but there ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I was lucky enough to get a decent sleep every night, and woke at about 6-7 each morning. Toilets were always pristine. They can get bad, though! Toilet roll in the bag is a MUST- if you're smart you'll find that one portaloo that is chocabloc of toilet roll and you're sorted.

Don't be fooled by the 'comfy crappers'; the are SO not worth it for the time you spend queuing or the difference in cleanliness..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Underworld are back up and about the place, wouldn't be surprised if they were announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So probably a stupid question but when do the campsites open for EP? First time going and my new buddy from Glasto is coming over for it now. Flights need arranging etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CorkFeen10

Cheers for the replies!

Is it much of a hike from the carpark to the campsite?

Do people usually leave some stuff in the car and travel over and back or is it a "one trip with the lot" job?

Sorry about all the newbie questions. Like to be organised somewhat....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Cheers for the replies!

Is it much of a hike from the carpark to the campsite?

Do people usually leave some stuff in the car and travel over and back or is it a "one trip with the lot" job?

Sorry about all the newbie questions. Like to be organised somewhat....

Depends on which camp site and what time you get there at, the car park area is pretty big and a 5 min walk to the main entrance, as the day goes on the further back the parking goes.

I left a few bits in the boot over the weekend (change of clothes etc..) and went back to the car once each day, i was there pretty early though and didn't have too big a hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Prodigy could be still in for a shout for late Saturday slot seeing as they played Cork last night, nothing added after Rock En Seine festival, just saying. Still hoping for Moderat to be announced too, would love to see Jon Hopkins again, Darkside, James Holden, Four Tet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My toilet plan is always get up and head into the arena when it first opens up because all the toilets will be nice and clean :) I learned that after Oxegen 2007 and have never looked back

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I've never seen dogs at ep, was at all the first 5 and a couple since.

100% dogs at EP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

100% dogs at EP

Maybe so but I've never seen them anywhere, during many visits. That leads me to think there won't be many dogs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've only seen a dog once randomly in the arena area. Never at any entrances to the campsite or arena entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

I have been 10 times and never seen a dog once

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Dogs could play, they don't have many shows this year

http://www.dogstheband.com/dogs-live/

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A few of the people running the Trailer Park stage had dogs, so some of the EP staff will be down with their campervans and pets.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So probably a stupid question but when do the campsites open for EP? First time going and my new buddy from Glasto is coming over for it now. Flights need arranging etc.
    Thanks

Thinks it's 9am on the Friday morning! But it's not like Glasto you don't need to be there mad early, still plenty of good spots at 1pm (unless you want space for a big group of tents)

Prodigy could be still in for a shout for late Saturday slot seeing as they played Cork last night, nothing added after Rock En Seine festival, just saying. Still hoping for Moderat to be announced too, would love to see Jon Hopkins again, Darkside, James Holden, Four Tet.

Good man Bodhrandude igniting the Prodigy argument again!!:) I still think Coldplay will be there ;)

Seriously though, Moderat would be awesome!!

Maybe so but I've never seen them anywhere, during many visits. That leads me to think there won't be many dogs there.

Here's a photo I posted before, if you look closely you can see the dog going over bags, and a line of very worried punters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Thinks it's 9am on the Friday morning! But it's not like Glasto you don't need to be there mad early, still plenty of good spots at 1pm (unless you want space for a big group of tents)

cheers for that, was thinking leave at around 7am cos its an hour and a half drive there. Was late to Glasto so would prefer to get there early and then catch 40 winks and chill. :D
    Although we may be going in a convoy so will arrange closer to the time. Just need to let my new glasto bud know for flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mince Pie wrote: »
    cheers for that, was thinking leave at around 7am cos its an hour and a half drive there. Was late to Glasto so would prefer to get there early and then catch 40 winks and chill. :D
    Although we may be going in a convoy so will arrange closer to the time. Just need to let my new glasto bud know for flights.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    52082143.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    52082143.jpg

Haven't genuinely lol'd in a long time. Thanks for that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Here's a photo I posted before, if you look closely you can see the dog going over bags, and a line of very worried punters!!

Thats all very serious looking haha. Its strange though, this is my first ep, but just from stories from my mates and that, plenty of substances find their way in, dogs or no dogs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement