Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

D.Q wrote: »
    Thats all very serious looking haha. Its strange though, this is my first ep, but just from stories from my mates and that, plenty of substances find their way in, dogs or no dogs.
    The dog is there for a short few hours on Friday (or was in 2012) and disappears shortly thereafter. I don't think it actually does anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    52082143.jpg

LOLASM

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So if people think Prodigy are gonna play , what are the chances of Queens of the Stone Age :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

So if people think Prodigy are gonna play , what are the chances of Queens of the Stone Age :p:p:p
    They need a big Saturday-night dance headliner more than they need an alt rock band.

Though I doubt either will play. If the Sunday tickets selling out is a bellwether (and if it's not just a cynical marketing ploy) then getting an act with a huge booking fee would make as much fiscal sense as forging the main stage out of solid gold. Unless they've booked them already, that is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thats all very serious looking haha. Its strange though, this is my first ep, but just from stories from my mates and that, plenty of substances find their way in, dogs or no dogs.

In my work I'm located near garda at the main entrance so perhaps I see and notice it more than most, its a risk and I've seen many a soul with small amounts to large being taken away, I imagine things are only gonna get tighter. It's a risk, and I wouldn't encourage folk to tempt their chances from what I've seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Prodigy won't be added. And thank **** for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What are the chances of the Manics being added, new album out and all that, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ah I think the prodigy would be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

garth brooks has a couple of free days goin.....? he'd get the sunday crowd in!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

UPDATED:

Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Blondie - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Horrors - Fri or Sun
    Kelis - Fri or Sun
    Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They need a big Saturday-night dance headliner more than they need an alt rock band.

Though I doubt either will play. If the Sunday tickets selling out is a bellwether (and if it's not just a cynical marketing ploy) then getting an act with a huge booking fee would make as much fiscal sense as forging the main stage out of solid gold. Unless they've booked them already, that is.

Not necessarily. Electric picnic is an annual event so they're not just thinking about this year, but next year and the year after.

If they have a few surprise big acts announced late in the game, this will give the punters a good vibe going in, and next year, no matter what the line-up announced on day one, people are still likely to buy tickets in the expectation of some big announcements later

(still hoping for interpol!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

PadraigOK wrote: »
    UPDATED:

Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri

Are you just basing this on their website tour dates? I'm guessing they have the festival start date in but there might still be a chance they play the saturday or sunday? (although PSB have a gig on the sunday so saturday would be the only alternative).

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I mentioned as much a few pages back. This is just an updated version.
    The Friday's might be speculative as some bands list the first day of festivals in their listings but there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I mentioned as much a few pages back. This is just an updated version.

Cheers! Hoping for a very lame friday so i can guilt free give it a miss. Otherwise might have to commute (the missus can't camp this year, and we only got 1 night in the hotel for the saturday). Foals and PSB would be 2 of the bands I most want to see even though I've seen both already.

Flume is on Sunday.

Bestival announced another bunch of acts

10443392_10152537561605135_1431881164383458061_n.jpg?oh=0d30d27cb6805b9298f7c795a85cb60b&oe=54280DE9&__gda__=1411385711_5a1f4fd39b209e997e05ddbfb4ff659c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Could see La Roux being added to EP. Don't know much about the rest of the acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ah feck, I was hoping for a relatively lame Sunday because I have to drive home at some stage on Sunday night! I wonder if everyone on the Bestival line-up is a potential call-up for EP since it's the week after and pretty much right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Would like to Jenny Lewis added, even better if it was with the rest of Rilo Kiley, but some of her solo stuff is decent enough.

Could see La Roux being added to EP. Don't know much about the rest of the acts.

Not sure since she has a dublin date not long after EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hot since 82 would be a welcome addition.

Edit: I cant watch a boiler room set without hating the people in the front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Not sure since she has a dublin date not long after EP

Hmm, her Academy date is in November, we could get a warm up and then she'd drop her new album before November?

We'll have to wait and see sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Would like to Jenny Lewis added, even better if it was with the rest of Rilo Kiley, but some of her solo stuff is decent enough.

i do like her new single alright - v catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Wouldn't mind seeing the naked and famous again. They'd also be perfect for EP. Get some serious good vibes going...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nightwave would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Edit: I cant watch a boiler room set without hating the people in the front row.

Every goddamn time. I just listen to them now on Soundcloud if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I will be the happiest girl there if underworld get announced!!

Hmm, her Academy date is in November, we could get a warm up and then she'd drop her new album before November?

We'll have to wait and see sure.

Ah for some reason i thought i was September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Vancouver Sleep Clinic is so fecking class... Disturbingly accurate channelling of Justin Vernon. Enjoying Drenge too from the lesser known acts.

It might go without saying, but if Simple Minds only makes you think of Don't You Forget About Me, you should delve further. Very excited for them after some further research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dmm82 wrote: »
    I will be the happiest girl there if underworld get announced!!

Yeh Underworld would fit that late night slot for Saturday nicely, I can imagine zooming about to Rez in the early hours.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement