Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

MattD wrote: »
    Vancouver Sleep Clinic is so fecking class... Disturbingly accurate channelling of Justin Vernon. Enjoying Drenge too from the lesser known acts.

It might go without saying, but if Simple Minds only makes you think of Don't You Forget About Me, you should delve further. Very excited for them after some further research.

That Vancouver Sleep Clinic dude has a very feminine voice that I just don't like, seems to be a common thing with a lot of male artists these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Only started listening to Glass Animals over the past few days. Absolute gem of a band, very similar to Alt-J. Really looking forward to 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KeithSW

Really looking forward to EP. Making my first trip to Ireland and loving the line-up. Having been wanting to see Beck for years, missed Chic's great glastonbury show in 2013 by seeing the Stones. Twin Shadow and FKA Twigs definitely on my list, especially the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

KeithSW wrote: »
    Really looking forward to EP. Making my first trip to Ireland and loving the line-up. Having been wanting to see Beck for years, missed Chic's great glastonbury show in 2013 by seeing the Stones. Twin Shadow and FKA Twigs definitely on my list, especially the latter.

Hope you enjoy it mate. Slightly different in scale to Glastonbury but always a good wkend

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

Is this not in breach of advertising laws? The EP website states that Early Bird tickets could be purchased until midnight 4th July, however when I tried to book two this evening through Ticketmaster website I got the message that they were not available. So, there go my dreams of going to EP for another year (no way paying over €200 for a ticket).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

scrips wrote: »
    Is this not in breach of advertising laws? The EP website states that Early Bird tickets could be purchased until midnight 4th July, however when I tried to book two this evening through Ticketmaster website I got the message that they were not available. So, there go my dreams of going to EP for another year (no way paying over €200 for a ticket).

The claim is that they sold out but I'm pretty sure they withdrew the rest because they will definitely get full whack for what's left. Of course this can't be proven so no advertising laws have been broken.

My Facebook feed tells me the EP train is picking up pace fast so I'm afraid you might have to stump up the extra 30 sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Cheers! Hoping for a very lame friday so i can guilt free give it a miss. Otherwise might have to commute (the missus can't camp this year, and we only got 1 night in the hotel for the saturday). Foals and PSB would be 2 of the bands I most want to see even though I've seen both already.

PSB announced on their website that they're playing the Friday. Sorry bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

scrips wrote: »
    I got 2 on Wednesday in a record shop for the €193, and got one online this evening for the same price. They're gone up to full price now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The only act i would like from that Bestival announcement would be these lads but i cant see them going down well or even getting booked but would deadly in the 3rd stage at night ha

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gary at black house

My friends and I are 2 installments in, almost there... they didn't tell us there was a service charge on the last payment until we had the first payment complete, which is kind of bull****, but I guess it's busines.

If anyone has genuine plans to go to this but hasn't got a ticket yet. Advice from someone who missed out but learned from last year, 230 was very reasonable by the last week of last August. It likely to be a similiar situation this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

My friends and I are 2 installments in, almost there... they didn't tell us there was a service charge on the last payment until we had the first payment complete, which is kind of bull****, but I guess it's busines.

If anyone has genuine plans to go to this but hasn't got a ticket yet. Advice from someone who missed out but learned from last year, 230 was very reasonable by the last week of last August. It likely to be a similiar situation this year.

There was no service charge on the last payment just the first?? http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets1

Mince Pie wrote: »
    There was no service charge on the last payment just the first??

That's what it says on the website yes, but after they binded us to the contract they told us there was a charge on the final payment also. I would have to reconfirm this with my friend as it was his visa card that was used. He might read this... Chris, you there?

That's what it says on the website yes, but after they binded us to the contract they told us there was a charge on the final payment also. I would have to reconfirm this with my friend as it was his visa card that was used. He might read this... Chris, you there?

We were charged on the first payment as per the website.

We were charged on the first payment as per the website.

So were we as per the website. This is something my friend told me. Perhaps he got it wrong. Perhaps ticketmaster got it wrong. Perhaps it's just an easy way for ticketmaster to get an extra bit of cash. In a month one of us can say "I told you so."

So were we as per the website. This is something my friend told me. Perhaps he got it wrong. Perhaps ticketmaster got it wrong. Perhaps it's just an easy way for ticketmaster to get an extra bit of cash. In a month one of us can say "I told you so."

Wasn't looking to say I told you so, merely pointing out that we were charged at the beginning as per the terms laid out in the website and if it was me I would be asking why I was charged twice or querying the payment at the very least.

If it's a thing we're the only ones to be issued another service charge on the last payment I'd be very surprised.

Any other people on the installment plan got an email where it says there will be another service charge on the final payment?

If it's a thing we're the only ones to be issued another service charge on the last payment I'd be very surprised.

Any other people on the installment plan got an email where it says there will be another service charge on the final payment?

I don't understand how you can still be paying cos the last payments were taken at the beginning of June, so maybe the first payment was missed? Hence the payment being taken at the end.

I don't understand how you can still be paying cos the last payments were taken at the beginning of June, so maybe the first payment was missed? Hence the payment being taken at the end.

From the link you posted earlier:

"If you paid your first instalment between 19th March and the 18th April your 2nd payment date will be on or around the 2nd May and your 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 2nd June.

If you paid your first instalment between 19th May and 18th June your 2nd payment will be in or around the 31st June and the 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 28th July."

And this is part of the email we got from ticketmaster:

"Thank you for purchasing your Electric Picnic Ticket(s). You have agreed to pay Ticketmaster €194.50 plus service charge per ticket for your Electric Picnic Ticket(s), and that these tickets are non refundable and not transferable. The initial deposit of €65.00 per ticket ('Deposit') has been charged to your credit card and this Deposit is non refundable and not transferable. You have authorised Ticketmaster to auto debit a second instalment of €65.00 in or around the 4 July 2014 and the balance of €64.50 + Service Charge per ticket ('Balance'), which will be charged to the same credit card in or around the 4 August 2014. Failure to authorise this auto debit will result in you forfeiting your Electric Picnic Ticket(s) and Deposit."

It appears they have got it wrong information above. The service charge did come out on the first payment, but it doesn't mention anything about that here. It says that it will come out on the last payment. I guess we'll have to wait until the last payment to ensure there's not a double service charge, but I'd be confident it's a simple (yet kind of important) mistake on ticketmaster's part. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has the same email info? I imagine these are automated emails.

If we do happen to get double charged on the service, I would like it back but at the same time I wouldn't make a big fuss. At least I'm not a Garth Brooks fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

... I'd be interested to know if anyone else has the same email info? I imagine these are automated emails...

Just checked my email & it said the same thing. Looks like a mistake from ticketmaster. I've paid all 3 installments at this stage & the service charge was with the first payment only.

• Advertisement

From the link you posted earlier:

"If you paid your first instalment between 19th March and the 18th April your 2nd payment date will be on or around the 2nd May and your 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 2nd June.

If you paid your first instalment between 19th May and 18th June your 2nd payment will be in or around the 31st June and the 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 28th July."

Ah righto, I did the earlier plan and got mixed up. I'd take it up with them, its not much but its the principal.

Cheers for the feedback H8GHOTI. It's good to know there's definitely only one service charge.

True mincepie, I will let them know.

Randomly started listening to White Denim yesterday and thought I'd seen there name somewhere, they're in the lineup and they sound pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Royscopp playing in the USA on 27th, then Zurich on the 30th (Sat) would it be too much to ask they play the EP on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Royscopp playing in the USA on 27th, then Zurich on the 30th (Sat) would it be too much to ask they play the EP on the Sunday?

I would be so freaking happy. It's still missing a decent dance act and I'd be delighted with them
    What about caribou I wonder. Obsessed with him since body and soul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    wouldn't be surprised, playing Latitude in the UK, but not Longitude the same weekend, so could be because they've an Irish show booked.

would prefer a solo show rather than with Robyn though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Still sounds so good

http://youtu.be/tf_ieWnu-SE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Rfrip wrote: »
    I would be so freaking happy. It's still missing a decent dance act and I'd be delighted with them
    What about caribou I wonder. Obsessed with him since body and soul

Playing Vicar Street in November with Jessy Lanza, can't imagine he'll be added to EP but would most definitely love to be proved wrong.

http://tickets.ie/events.aspx/artist/caribou/113662

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Does anyone know if the comedy tent is going ahead this year?

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the comedy tent is going ahead this year?

Oh I do hope so, biggest regret about missing last year was missing Dylan Moran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Oh I do hope so, biggest regret about missing last year was missing Dylan Moran

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be there this year, it's been there every year hasn't it?

Was a pain in the hole missing Moran last year, hanging around for David Byrne & St Vincent was the correct choice thou!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement