Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be there this year, it's been there every year hasn't it?

Was a pain in the hole missing Moran last year, hanging around for David Byrne & St Vincent was the correct choice thou!

Quite right actually. One of the things I'm most looking forward to other than St Vincent having missed her at Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Quite right actually. One of the things I'm most looking forward to other than St Vincent having missed her at Glastonbury

Caught her show in the Olympia earlier in the year, she's really stepped it up.

Gig of the year so far in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Thanks for the replies-I thought last year by this time we had the alot of big names already advertised for the comedy tent but there's none right now that I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm hoping to see a bit more of the comedy tent this year. Caught Reginald D Hunter on the Saturday but like a lot of people had to miss out on Dylan Moran, which was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies-I thought last year by this time we had the alot of big names already advertised for the comedy tent but there's none right now that I can see!

All we are getting atm from the Picnic facebook is soon, no idea when that is, time for some artists to start self confirming I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm hoping to see a bit more of the comedy tent this year. Caught Reginald D Hunter on the Saturday but like a lot of people had to miss out on Dylan Moran, which was annoying.

I went to go see David O Doherty on the Saturday but had to watch from outside . On the upside the lad doing security was dead on and was even watching DOD . Yea really wanted to see Moran but sadly i think he clashed with Franz Ferdinand or AM (would have gladly missed them if i knew how mediocre they were gonna be)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

^ You may want to change your sig :p

Snigger :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha yea probably will have too

Just come across an interesting Australian article from 2012 discussing the Harvest festival there, Declan Forde the booker for EP and Forbidden Fruit also works for this Harvest festival, the line up at the time being discussed is of Beck and Portishead who are now on this years bill. So take note, check out the Harvest festival line up come the Australian summer as this is often a good indicator for what surfaces in the future EP line up over the next year or two. I remember linking to another article about Declan Forde and the Harvest festival from 2010 where artists discussed appeared on the EP 2011 line up. He actually works for POD so its probably a different guy now. http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/33029/Harvest-Festival-promoter-Declan-Forde-Were-trying-to-create-a-much-more-enjoyable-festival

• Advertisement

Expecting Moderat to be announced anyway. They're playing the week before and two weeks after if I remember correctly so no reason why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Looking forward to heading to EP with some buddies for the first time! We are being little prince and princesses and heading to the Pink Moon site - I hope there is still a bit of craic there though!

Would love La Roux to be added to the line up, and I've still got my fingers crossed for Stromae - Is it wishful thinking that they would add a non-English language act? Or is there precedent?

A while to wait yet I think, EP just responded with this "we will be making another announcement in the next coming weeks, as well as announcements for Body&Soul, Trailer Park, Comedy, Salty Dog, Casa Bacardi, Red Bull Music Academy and Mindfield"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Is it just me or is Electric Picnic being very very annoying this year? Why are they waiting this long to announce the filler acts of the line up, there's hardly gonna be more head liners?

Is it just me or is Electric Picnic being very very annoying this year? Why are they waiting this long to announce the filler acts of the line up, there's hardly gonna be more head liners?

Theres whacks of stages at this fest though, perhaps the main stage, EA, Rankin's and Cosby headliners have been announced so far but there is still Body&Soul stuff, Little Big tent, Red Bull and various other stages scattered around the site to be announced yet and hopefully some more surprises for the main stages too. Moderat could easily headline one of the nights in the Little Big tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

True. I'm just getting cranky.

I WANT ELECTRIC PICNIC TO BE NOOOOWWWWW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's no different than most previous years i think? :confused:

usually about 10-15 acts in a July announcement, end of July/start of August has Little Big Tent announcement, Body and Soul in early August, and the smaller stages a couple of weeks before the festival, going on past years.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Young Fathers - Fri

Is it just me or does there seem to be more acts confirmed to play the Friday than last year (I maybe jumping the gun and the likes of Foals/PSB have just stuck down Fri)? Does that mean a full day's schedule? Has there been confirmation from FR as to whether we are getting a full three days this year or 2 and a bit like last?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

They did say on Facebook that there was still more main stage acts to be announced in almost sure :)

• Advertisement

Ejeca, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PBB

2 Bears - nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Dimitri From Paris
    The 2 Bears
    Pleasurekraft

well happy with those additions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I wish the bacardi part was an actual tent. It's too small, always jammers and full of posers. Would prefer to see the above in the electric arena, esp 2 bears

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Anyone care to post some nice tunes from those acts?

Anyone care to post some nice tunes from those acts?

http://youtu.be/XzgsGf2I6pc
    I like this a lot

Also mother are amazing. They played the Sunday night last year in body and soul and It was just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Can you link me to Mother's Soundcloud or a youtube video, not easy to find because of the name.

Also Pleasurekraft is absolutely sick from what I'm hearing so far, definitely putting them on my to-see list.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Can you link me to Mother's Soundcloud or a youtube video, not easy to find because of the name.

Also Pleasurekraft is absolutely sick from what I'm hearing so far, definitely putting them on my to-see list.

Mother at EP last year:
    https://soundcloud.com/g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y/mother-djs-live-at-casa

Also, love this Pleasurekraft track
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3WVA_623Y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Absolutely chuffed with those acts, was at Dimitri from Paris in the Button Factory there in May and it was the best DJ set I was ever at, can't wait to see him again. Kelly-Anne Byrne and Mother DJs are both fantastic as well, saw them both for the first time at EP last year and have been a big fan since, if anyone is into disco I advise checking out some of their mixes! Great announcement from Bacardi.

• Advertisement

Put in case Bacardi ghost boy and mother djs and it comes up on soundcloud....sorry no idea how to link from soundcloud:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement