Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Thanks guys. I'm definitely happy with these announcements today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see why they don't have a dedicated tent at this stage, always jammers.

Suppose the current set up let's them sell a **** load of drink easily.
    any time i'm in there it's usually about 5 deep at the bar and i'm left waiting about 15mins to get served because the barmen spend more time having a laugh with each other and fannying around throwing Bacardi bottles up in the air.

m29m7Fn.jpg

oh and that's a great Casa Bacardi lineup.

Dimitri from Paris
    Ejeca
    Greg Wilson
    Nancy Whang
    The 2 Bears

will all be on my list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

any time i'm in there it's usually about 5 deep at the bar and i'm left waiting about 15mins to get served because the barmen spend more time having a laugh with each other and fannying around throwing Bacardi bottles up in the air.

m29m7Fn.jpg
    Don't get me started on the barmen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The war on drugs are free and in the "area" would be a nice addition!!

http://youtu.be/bsoqmFL1vlU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Fatfrog wrote: »

:O

That would be an amazing addition. Listening to Slave Ambient as I type!!

would absolutely love to see them added, still annoyed that i didn't go to see them here in May!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Nancy Whang will definitely be getting a look in from me. Good announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does anyone thing Damon Albarn could appear at this? I haven't been to a Picnic since 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Does anyone thing Damon Albarn could appear at this? I haven't been to a Picnic since 2010.

Big gap in his tour between the end of July and October. Looks unlikely but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Highly unlikely, but the return of Death From Above 1979 has given me a glimmer of hope they might be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Find it very unlikely they would be added but Deftones would be a really cool addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know I'm going to come across as a total pr1ck here, but this guy doesn't have a note in his head when performing live IMO. I think sometimes we let the big names cloud our judgement of who would be a good fit at a festival. I personally think Damon Albarn would be nothing but an anti-climax for a lot of people at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

nocoverart wrote: »
    I know I'm going to come across as a total pr1ck here, but this guy doesn't have a note in his head when performing live IMO. I think sometimes we let the big names cloud our judgement of who would be a good fit at a festival. I personally think Damon Albarn would be nothing but an anti-climax for a lot of people at EP.

He can definitely be a bit hit & miss, but on a good day, he's great, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Rfrip wrote: »
    Don't get me started on the barmen

Took me 20 minutes to get a drink there before, when I finally managed to get served I wasted it by telling the barman that he doesn't have enough drink behind the bar to get any girl there drunk enough to sleep with him(as he had spend the past 15 minutes flirting)..he told me to **** off. Touched a nerve I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

He can definitely be a bit hit & miss, but on a good day, he's great, IMO.

Ah, I'm really not knocking the guy. I always felt he and Blur were more creative than that inbred lot in Oasis. How he reinvented himself with Gorillaz was pure genius too (saying that, their live shows were as dull as dishwater) I do hold The Good, the Bad, & the Queen responsible for wanting to slit my wrists as a some-what happy teenager though.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Thoroughly enjoyed their Glasto set and it made me return to Lost In The Dream this week having saw the songs recreated live. Would desperately love to see a headlining set in a tent, although I hope to catch all three of the main headliners too, decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    Took me 20 minutes to get a drink there before, when I finally managed to get served I wasted it by telling the barman that he doesn't have enough drink behind the bar to get any girl there drunk enough to sleep with him(as he had spend the past 15 minutes flirting)..he told me to **** off. Touched a nerve I think.

That's seriously brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed their Glasto set and it made me return to Lost In The Dream this week having saw the songs recreated live. Would desperately love to see a headlining set in a tent, although I hope to catch all three of the main headliners too, decisions, decisions.

ah don't be tormenting me! the line up is pretty awesome already-i'll definitely know its my time if WOD are announced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

So when are the stage times usually announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Lenny5 wrote: »

think it's in the week before the festival

if we're lucky.
    last year they didn't even put them up and just sent the times for the 5 main stages to a few different media outlets on the Thursday.
    several of the small stages (Trenchtown, RBMA etc) put up their times themselves, but several still had no times up on the Friday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Lenny5 wrote: »

Remember last year there was a bit of uproar about how late the timings were being released and accusations that it was to make people buy the lanyards. Think it was a week or even days before when they were provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deethepigeon

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back through this thread to see whether if this has been asked already :P, is it possible to still get loyalty discount tickets? I can't seem to see an option for it on ticketmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back through this thread to see whether if this has been asked already :P, is it possible to still get loyalty discount tickets? I can't seem to see an option for it on ticketmaster!

Its full price now mate, the deadline was last Friday at midnight, its gonna be 230 odd smackrooneys now, sorry.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deethepigeon

Its full price now mate, the deadline was last Friday at midnight, its gonna be 230 odd smackrooneys now, sorry.

Arah ****e, Thank you! I'll wait off until last minute so, no point in rushing now :P.230 on Outkast, shtap the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Arah ****e, Thank you! I'll wait off until last minute so, no point in rushing now :P.230 on Outkast, shtap the lights!

Wouldn't leave it too long, I missed out on tickets last year cos I waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Wouldn't leave it too long, I missed out on tickets last year cos I waited.

Especially if they announce a few whoppers over the next week or two.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Especially if they announce a few whoppers over the next week or two.

I've all but given up hope on any real big names, who do you think they might get? I think they know they'll shift the tickets regardless tbh - if Moderat is the big electronic act I'd be happy with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement