Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I've all but given up hope on any real big names, who do you think they might get? I think they know they'll shift the tickets regardless tbh - if Moderat is the big electronic act I'd be happy with that.
    Why would you want a big name? Surely you'd prefer a name that you really want to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've all but given up hope on any real big names, who do you think they might get? I think they know they'll shift the tickets regardless tbh - if Moderat is the big electronic act I'd be happy with that.

There will always be interesting up and coming bands too, I've made some nice discoveries at previous Picnics, but Moderat indeed would be a nice inclusion, some of the filler stuff for the afternoons and evenings brings some interesting artists, Martha and the Vandellas would be a good retro soul act to get for the late afternoon, seeing that they are touring festivals the weekend after in Wales. Would like to see James Holden as well as long as bloody British Airways or whoever don't loose his synthesizer again like they did for Body&Soul festival causing him to cancel.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deethepigeon

Anyone think Mount Kimbie will be back again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 cathyledger

think this will be great once again best festival by far in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why would you want a big name? Surely you'd prefer a name that you really want to see?

Well they're sort of one and the same, albeit pretty much impossible anyway - mainly Squarepusher, RDJ, Autechre are playing in Poland soon enough but I highly doubt it. I missed Caribou at B&S, partial to Disclosure's album but they're on for Longitude. Animal Collective of course have a gig at the start of August in the U.S. but of course nigh on impossible. Die Antwoord would be a cool addition and I think they're gettable. Moderat as I said above I'm a big fan of and they are quite likely IMO.

Plenty of smaller names I'd be happy with as well and I'm always open to discovering new stuff, was just thinking in terms of the organizers and how they'd go about shifting the last few tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'm gonna throw Royal Blood into the mix of wish list wanna haves. Playing Reading the week before and they were fooking awesome sauce at Glasto!

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'm gonna throw Royal Blood into the mix of wish list wanna haves. Playing Reading the week before and they were fooking awesome sauce at Glasto!

Yeah I'll be seeing them on Saturday, great live act.

Well they're sort of one and the same, albeit pretty much impossible anyway - mainly Squarepusher, RDJ, Autechre are playing in Poland soon enough but I highly doubt it. I missed Caribou at B&S, partial to Disclosure's album but they're on for Longitude. Animal Collective of course have a gig at the start of August in the U.S. but of course nigh on impossible. Die Antwoord would be a cool addition and I think they're gettable. Moderat as I said above I'm a big fan of and they are quite likely IMO.

Plenty of smaller names I'd be happy with as well and I'm always open to discovering new stuff, was just thinking in terms of the organizers and how they'd go about shifting the last few tickets.

Where did you see this about AFX touring Poland, as far as I know his only gig was at Glastonbury this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah I'll be seeing them on Saturday, great live act.

YES , Would love if they were added . Missed them when they did the Workmans few months ago and dont wanna go to AM to see them.

I can see more announcements coming after this week or the following since pretty much all the big gigs will be over (excluding Garth Brooks/Longitude) . People wont be getting last minute tickets to gigs . EP is pretty much the only big Music event in the calender for the summer after Longitude/GB

Where did you see this about AFX touring Poland, as far as I know his only gig was at Glastonbury this year.

Just Autechre not AFX, I wouldn't be surprised if he's stopped touring for good, at least under the AFX/Aphex Twin alias anyway. Our Richard isn't as young as he used to be! If the talk about him being Tuss or having a big hand in it I may just have to look out for that and make do.

• Advertisement

^ You may want to change your sig :p

DONE :mad::mad::mad: ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My EP would be sorted if they played :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

just checked them out and i'll defo go to see em if they get added

Just Autechre not AFX, I wouldn't be surprised if he's stopped touring for good, at least under the AFX/Aphex Twin alias anyway. Our Richard isn't as young as he used to be! If the talk about him being Tuss or having a big hand in it I may just have to look out for that and make do.

Yep he's the Tuss alright, he's been dropping Tuss tracks in his set since Oxegen 2008 anyway, when you listen to the EP and album it couldn't be anyone else and he has sorta admitted it in interviews too, he is definitely involved in some of that music, he dropped Deathfcuk at Forbidden Fruit. The person credited in the Tuss is Brian Tregaskin, which just sounds like one of these daft names Richard would think up.

So James Murphy and Nancy Whang are playing separate gigs at the Picnic, I wonder if they will guest in each others shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yep he's the Tuss alright, he's been dropping Tuss tracks in his set since Oxegen 2008 anyway, when you listen to the EP and album it couldn't be anyone else and he has sorta admitted it in interviews too, he is definitely involved in some of that music, he dropped Deathfcuk at Forbidden Fruit. The person credited in the Tuss is Brian Tregaskin, which just sounds like one of these daft names Richard would think up.
    he still owes us an Electric Picnic after Caustic Phlex disappeared from the lineup in 2006 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Saw them on Jools Holland and again on coverage of Glastonbury. Amazing sound from just 2 guys. Would love to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Pity Royal Blood are the first act on for the AM gig I wanna go see them now :(

Lenny5 wrote: »
    Saw them on Jools Holland and again on coverage of Glastonbury. Amazing sound from just 2 guys. Would love to see them live.

Was right up front for their gig in Glasto and it was the best thing I saw all weekend. Totally fooking awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh I like that kaytranada guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Royal Blood would be fantastic. Seen them in The Workmans a few months ago with about 100 other people. Amazing gig.

Is it too early to start looking at tents? ha

I'm already looking at tents for next year, got one for this year but my christmas list is deffo vouchers for some awesome camping gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Probably not, i'm staying in Pink Moon and so do not have the tent problem but i sorted meself out with a massive moon chair from halfords months ago just to make sure i wasn't scrambling to get a decent thing to sit on closer to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I need to invest in a good sleeping bag

Rfrip wrote: »
    I need to invest in a good sleeping bag

Same actually , the one i had the zip is broken :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Halfords were running their usual Camping sale recently, not sure if it's still going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Got myself sorted for Sea Sessions and Light Colour Sound with a Vango Blade 100 (one man tent). I'm absolutely in love with it. It's tinchy and light when it packs up and it's never been so easy to put up/take down a tent. No puddles in the morning or after rain and vents for air circulation...:pac:

Just need to get a tinchy sleeping bag now too. I got a cheap one from argos but it took up too much space...oh and a backpack would be good but funds are small, my over the shoulder will suffice, for now...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've got a Gelert Horizon 6 which is frickin huge and heavyy and I'd need to hire a sherpa to carry it from the car to the site, so I'm probably gonna get a cheapy 4 man argos tent or something for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Akrasia wrote: »
    I've got a Gelert Horizon 6 which is frickin huge and heavyy and I'd need to hire a sherpa to carry it from the car to the site, so I'm probably gonna get a cheapy 4 man argos tent or something for the weekend

Just make sure it is waterproof. You regret a cheap tent if it rains

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement