Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 leesherwin

looks to be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just make sure it is waterproof. You regret a cheap tent if it rains
    as long as the hydrostatic head rating is over 1500mm, and it's double-skinned (ie. an indoor layer, and a rain cover layer), then it should be absolutely fine.

i got a 3man from Lidl last year for €30 and it's been absolutely fine for several festivals, including in heavy rain.
    proper porch part on it too and plenty of space for a double air mattress and bags, this type:

5345CEC5-4EB8-4E62-93FA-80F188B64A13-7964-0000088B52D6A10C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

as long as the hydrostatic head rating is over 1500mm, and it's double-skinned (ie. an indoor layer, and a rain cover layer), then it should be absolutely fine.

i got a 3man from Lidl last year for €30 and it's been absolutely fine for several festivals, including in heavy rain.
    proper porch part on it too and plenty of space for a double air mattress and bags, this type:

5345CEC5-4EB8-4E62-93FA-80F188B64A13-7964-0000088B52D6A10C.jpg
    . ^^^^

Looks like it's good for doing yoga in as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Can't recommend getting a pop-up tent enough, 5 seconds to set up, maybe 2 mins to stuff it back in the bag when you're finished. So handy. Paid about €50 for one in Halfords a couple of years ago, more than got my money's worth at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

London Grammar had an amazing set at Glastonbury, Paulo's one is worth checking out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Anything above 1500mm hydrostatic head will be fine for light showers, if expecting extremely heavy rain then 2000mm up. but it will won't come through the 1500mm unless it's that heavy for 30 minutes or more which is rare in good old Ireland

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait to see Flume on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Same, his whole album is serious IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

LUPE wrote: »
    Can't recommend getting a pop-up tent enough, 5 seconds to set up, maybe 2 mins to stuff it back in the bag when you're finished. So handy. Paid about €50 for one in Halfords a couple of years ago, more than got my money's worth at this stage

Aldi had some last week for 20, but I thought it was too thin. might go check it out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So has there been a main third announcement yet?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

What is a main third announcement?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    What is a main third announcement?

The third main announcement is the filler stuff that goes on the EP main line up banner or poster, what did you think I was asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

The third main announcement is the filler stuff that goes on the EP main line up banner or poster, what did you think I was asking?

probably whether Garth brooks will be making am appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Rewind83 wrote: »

No, that would be the main turd announcement..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Rewind83 wrote: »

Oh god please don't bring him into this......this thread seems to be all I have left of a Garth free zone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

There's just no escaping him, no matter where you go. Can't wait for August just so I won't have to hear his name again and this whole ****storm will be over and can just look forward to EP and decent music.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

endainoz wrote: »

London Grammar had an amazing set at Glastonbury, Paulo's one is worth checking out as well.

Great at Longitude last year as well. Played early on the Sunday. Looking forward to them at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

UPDATED:

Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Horrors - Fri or Sun
    Kelis - Fri or Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun

Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

I'd imagine Beck is the Fri headliner and Outkast Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Pretty cool that Other Voices are gonna have a stage. Looks like stage times line-ups aren't going to be announced so could be worth heading over to in between other sets to check it out!

http://electricpicnic.ie/othervoicesiscomingtoelectricpicnic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What is Other Voices exactly?

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »

Other voices is the programme recorded by RTE2 from a church in Dingle of special concerts featuring a selection of artists and musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

D.Q wrote: »

It's basically a music tv series on RTE, filmed every year in a church in Dingle. Think they've expanded to Derry and other places over the last few years. Had acts like The National, Jarvis Cocker and then good few Irish acts. Don't think there'll be huge names playing the stage at EP but should be some good Irish/other acts playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Yip, went to one of the Derry nights. Savages, Damien Dempsey, Soak and Neil Hannon played it. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its basically our version of Jools Holland but with a twist . Its one of the very few shows we can do right over here ha.

Im really excited about Other Voices thing. Would love if they didnt tell you who was playin so you just take a chance like the MTV live thing at Oxegen years ago. That backfired on me , As we were walking passed the tent we heard the futureheads so then we qued and we when it went live we then realised we got Sandi Thom (that "oh i wish i was a punk rocker " song) :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Its basically our version of Jools Holland but with a twist . Its one of the very few shows we can do right over here ha.

Im really excited about Other Voices thing. Would love if they didnt tell you who was playin so you just take a chance like the MTV live thing at Oxegen years ago. That backfired on me , As we were walking passed the tent we heard the futureheads so then we qued and we when it went live we then realised we got Sandi Thom (that "oh i wish i was a punk rocker " song) :mad::mad::mad:

Was that back when oxegen was witnness? If so i saw Gruff Rhys solo accoustic on the same basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Villagers perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Donal dineen and Gavin Friday surely !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think Donal Dineen's usual African techno and 80s underground disco DJing will be quite suited to anything involving Other Voices :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I think we're in for a real treat with the Other Voices stage. Oh the excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Very excited with that announcement, my ticket arrived today too :D

We can hardly expect "big name" artists to be playing secretly though, can we?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement