Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Kraftwerk are still touring, wouldn't mind seeing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Other Voices should be good, I can see myself spending some time there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was that back when oxegen was witnness? If so i saw Gruff Rhys solo accoustic on the same basis.

Nope was Oxegen 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Also very much looking forward to Flume!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Garth Brooks, the EP thread was getting lonely there so I thought I will put it at the top again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Garth Brooks, the EP thread was getting lonely there so I thought I will put it at the top again.

Pls.

If I never hear about Garth Brooks again I'll die a happy man!!

Also very much looking forward to Flume!

I only heard of him due to my friend throwing on his tunes in the house over the last year. She went over to see him in London last year and said it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

his set at Longitude was one of my highlights of the weekend, great fun and visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Same here I had heard a small bit before hand but did not expect it to be so good. By the end of his set the tent was packed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

endainoz wrote: »

London Grammar had an amazing set at Glastonbury, Paulo's one is worth checking out as well.

I melted into the screen from about 5 seconds in!! Gutted I didn't get to see them at Glasto, roll on EP!

Any idea as to what slot/day they'll play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I melted into the screen from about 5 seconds in!! Gutted I didn't get to see them at Glasto, roll on EP!

I'd imagine they would be sixish time slot or a bit earlier....while I do like there stuff and il def check them out I couldn't be listening to that past 8 o clock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I only heard of him due to my friend throwing on his tunes in the house over the last year. She went over to see him in London last year and said it was brilliant

I only heard of him through this thread and he's now one of my must sees!

Fatfrog wrote: »

I can see either headline Electric Arena or sub it tbh. Not sure how they would go down on the Main Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not sure how they would go down on the Main Stage

Badly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Badly

Really? I've missed them twice now for one reason or another but reports back are that they are frickin amazing!

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Really? I've missed them twice now for one reason or another but reports back are that they are frickin amazing!

Dont no much about them but they seem and act you wanna see indoors . Your ones voice is great but id say that kind of music would be suited in a tent

Dont no much about them but they seem and act you wanna see indoors . Your ones voice is great but id say that kind of music would be suited in a tent

Thats totally true. First time to EP so not sure of the set up yet so forgive my ignorance although I am aware that main stages tend to be outdoors. I believe they played a blinder at Glasto but it was in the John Peel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to say with London Grammar, I just dont get it or see why they are rated.

Corholio wrote: »
    Have to say with London Grammar, I just dont get it or see why they are rated.

Plenty I don't "get" and to be honest I have yet to see them live but by all accounts their performance at Glastonbury was one of those had to be there moments. She has a haunting voice which is phenomenal and I for one can't wait to check them out.
    I personally don't "get" the Pet Shop Boys so will be avoiding at all costs. Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thats totally true. First time to EP so not sure of the set up yet so forgive my ignorance although I am aware that main stages tend to be outdoors. I believe they played a blinder at Glasto but it was in the John Peel.

The John Peel tent is about the same size as the old Electric Arena tent, which is now the Rankin Woods stage, the big blue marquee next to the blue and yellow stripe marquee which was the Electric Arena last year. I reckon they (London Grammar) will be in there.

electric-arena.jpg

P1050419%20%28475x356%29%20%28425x319%29.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I just think their sound would be lost on the main stage. It would need to be contained in a tent imo. Not really gone on them myself but I can see why they're popular.

I can see either headline Electric Arena or sub it tbh. Not sure how they would go down on the Main Stage
    London Grammar? headlining the Electric Arena?! :confused:
    they're nowhere even close to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I could definitely see them sub-headlining EA on the Sunday. they'd definitely attract a crowd, particularly of daytrippers, before St Vincent say.

London Grammar? headlining the Electric Arena?! :confused:
    they're nowhere even close to that level.

We will agree to disagree :P

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Could definitely see them sub the EA. They seem to be extremely popular and headlined the JP at Glasto. Though I think they'll play on the Sunday, possibly third/fourth from top on the Main.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Slowdive will probably sub-headline the EA on Sunday, don't know where they'd fit.

i must be completely out of the loop so! wouldn't have thought they're anywhere near as popular as Hot Chip, Ed Sheeran, The Knife, or even David Byrne & St. Vincent, all EA headliners/sub-headliners in the last 2 years.

then again, there isn't many acts of that caliber on this year's lineup so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Would really love Public Service Broadcasting at EP, their live-sets are very imaginative and looked like good fun from the bit of the BBC stream I saw at Glastonbury.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Would really love Public Service Broadcasting at EP, their live-sets are very imaginative and looked like good fun from the bit of the BBC stream I saw at Glastonbury.

For some reason I thought they were actually playing. It's definitely a possibility though. http://gigs.gigatools.com/user/PSB_HQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Would love to see Frightened Rabbit added.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement