Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

How do you all think Outkast will be received? Do you think it'll be a case of the crowd just knowing Hey Ya, Roses and Ms Jackson or do you think they'll have a decent idea of the (incredible) back catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd imagine after BOB it'll descend into people chatting among themselves for a while until Ms.Jackson. there's enough of the "hits" in the 2nd half of recent setlists to keep people's attention towards the end though.

i see they dropped Players Ball for the 2nd Wireless gig, hopefully they do it at EP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Had a dream i was at EP(well a festival) last night . Met up with a few friend but then realised i still had to get a tent and drink :pac: so had to go back into town and get all that and hopefully still find my friends when i went back in :pac:

What a mundane dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Had a dream i was at EP(well a festival) last night . Met up with a few friend but then realised i still had to get a tent and drink :pac: so had to go back into town and get all that and hopefully still find my friends when i went back in :pac:

Strange, I had a dream very similar to that! fears of being under prepared I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

So I'm sure this has been discussed but where the best place to set up camp? Prob get there lunchtime on the Friday. Any place to definitely avoid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lenny5 wrote: »
    So I'm sure this has been discussed but where the best place to set up camp? Prob get there lunchtime on the Friday. Any place to definitely avoid?

As Slade once wisely said "far far away" from the toilets and walkways.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Lenny5 wrote: »

If you're under 25, go for Hendrix, if you're over 25, go for Warhol :) The others are too much walking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bootsy. wrote: »
    If you're under 25, go for Hendrix, if you're over 25, go for Warhol :) The others are too much walking.

Hmmmm im 25 and now im torn ha . Was in Hendrix last year but tbh i dont care where i camp once its not near that carnival thing ha.

I know there will be an increase in capacity next year (or is it this year?) . Personally i would love if they then also expanded the arena so you can more areas to explore

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

We're avoiding Hendrix this year- F**k that, I don't need people banging against my tent shouting "I'll swap you cash for hash!", and fight with you cos "sure you looked at me funny". 25, and I'm too old for this s**t. Warhol for us this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Hendrix/Warhol all just seems like one big ghetto to me whenever i've bothered going over there.

been in the Wilde for the last few years, nice and contained, no funfair, beside the Salty Dog and RBMA, not a great big sprawling mess like the other ones so easy to find your tent, entrance brings you into the middle of all the tented stages.

• Advertisement

mejulie805 wrote: »
    We're avoiding Hendrix this year- F**k that, I don't need people banging against my tent shouting "I'll swap you cash for hash!", and fight with you cos "sure you looked at me funny". 25, and I'm too old for this s**t. Warhol for us this time.

have never experienced anyone anything like that at EP in many years of going.
    sure you're not thinking of Oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Apart from the carnival I found the Hendrix grand, I was camped beside volunteers and wristbanders so no hassle where I was.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm 20 so I assume it'll be the Hendrix by the sounds of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Usually like somewhere nice in Hendrix near a nice tree in a few rows from the walkways/toilets and possibly near some reasonably respectable people or krusties

Friends sometimes camp in Andy but find the trek a bit meh

-=al=- wrote: »
    Usually like somewhere nice in Hendrix near a nice tree in a few rows from the walkways/toilets and possibly near some reasonably respectable people or krusties

Friends sometimes camp in Andy but find the trek a bit meh

We had similar last year . Stayed in Hendrix , camped near a big tree and a few rows in from the walk way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've not been before and hear a bit about the walk from camp to the arena, in terms of distance how long are we talking? I'm looking at Wilde cos I want a bit of space and quiet.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I've not been before and hear a bit about the walk from camp to the arena, in terms of distance how long are we talking? I'm looking at Wilde cos I want a bit of space and quiet.

After you being at Glastonbury(Or was it you ha ?) id say the walk will be a piece of cake . O dont think its that far . Well from Hendrix i found it about 10mins at most .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

After you being at Glastonbury id say the walk will be a piece of cake . O dont think its that far . Well from Hendrix i found it about 10mins at most .

Cheers for that. With regards drink I take it its not like Glastonbury where you can take your drink with you in a hip flask?

Cheers for that. With regards drink I take it its not like Glastonbury where you can take your drink with you in a hip flask?

You can take drink to Trenchtown and Salty Dog but everywhere else is off limits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

My god I can't wait to be back at Trenchtown. Such a great place to chill-out

• Advertisement

It says after 10 or 11pm you are allowed to bring drink in , but i heard stories of that some security people did not go by that.
    My god I can't wait to be back at Trenchtown. Such a great place to chill-out

Same , i didn't spend enough time there last year but plan on making up for it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

anybody ever stay in the pink moon camping? Is it worth the money?

jadie wrote: »
    anybody ever stay in the pink moon camping? Is it worth the money?

Are you a bit precious? If so it is worth it. If not it's a bit of luxury that's not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    Are you a bit precious? If so it is worth it. If not it's a bit of luxury that's not necessary.

It's not exactly luxury, you are still kipping in a tent

It's much more about
    1. Arriving and having your tent set up and ready to go
    2. Security around the camp in the form of gate / tower and big funk off wall around it
    3. Little or no queuing for bogs
    4. Access to showers (kinda nice that one)

I thought it was worth it.

It's not exactly luxury, you are still kipping in a tent

It's much more about
    1. Arriving and having your tent set up and ready to go
    2. Security around the camp in the form of gate / tower and big funk off wall around it
    3. Little or no queuing for bogs
    4. Access to showers (kinda nice that one)

I thought it was worth it.

Which are all luxuries..I don't think the price justifies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Afraid I am a bit precious!
    I like so-called 'luxury' camping for a number of reasons:
    I work in Derry & have to work on Friday. So, I generally arrive late. Nice to have tent set up for me & not have to be thinking about a pitch site. Remember walking through one of the campsites on way in last year - noise, racket, disorganisation - shiver up me spine! Must be the aging process.
    Again, due to my aging (44y old!) body, like to have somewhere that is (relatively) quiet! - like to be in bed by 1 or 2am at latest. Pink Moon (or previously, Tangerine Fields) are a bit better for this.
    Value the bit of security - prevents hassle, more or less.
    Value the (relative) lack of queues for (decent) coffee.
    Showers are relatively clean, but I will usually have my shower late on the Saturday night, when everyone is off to the late night stuff. It's not that I'm a prude! Just prefer the peace & quiet of a nice, long, hot shower on me own!

So, there is your definition of 'precious'!
    One might not think it is worth it, but I value it, for all the above reasons!
    ;)

Martin

I don't know why people feel the need to defend it so much. If you want it then work away, however for around 400 it seems insanity to me.

And yeah, I would view that as a definition of being a bit precious, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I don't know why people feel the need to defend it so much. If you want it then work away, however for around 400 it seems insanity to me.

And yeah, I would view that as a definition of being a bit precious, sorry!

Your can get a 2 man for 180 euro. Not too bad for 3 nights camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So how close to selling out is this, I have a few mates trying to snap up their tickets within the next weekend and I wonder when the main bill will get a few more names to the line up that will speed up the process. Personally I'm fairly happy with the line up at present, but a few more names will be an added bonus.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Your can get a 2 man for 180 euro. Not too bad for 3 nights camping.

You can buy a 4 man tent for 50! And yeah, the only options left for EP are 400 plus now though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement