Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Electric Picnic tweeted that information for tickets will be released 'VERY soon' and that the reward scheme will be similar to last years

Where? Did they delete it afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Electric Picnic tweeted that information for tickets will be released 'VERY soon' and that the reward scheme will be similar to last years

I just hope very soon actually is that and they won't be stringing us on for another few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hasn't been deleted, still there on their twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Where? Did they delete it afterwards?

It was a reply to someones question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It was a reply to someones question.

Aha, yarp i sees it now, thankee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Blondie? Possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Hopefully Major lazer might be there also, I see they are playing Bestival so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love to see this guy, his set here is seriously kicking, I don't think Gesaffelstein has ever played the Picnic, I was hoping we would get him for Body&Soul festival, but we got Jon Hopkins, Darkside and Buraka Som Sistema yippee. Gesaffelstein is probably too big for B&S but I could see him at EP, judging by how packed his gigs are.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hopefully Major lazer might be there also, I see they are playing Bestival so fingers crossed

Hadn't heard of them until I stumbled across their EP09 gig, serious energy amazing live! Would love to see them this year.

Same as Fatfrog, I was blown away by the energy in 09 loved them ever since. Has to be up there with my top 5 Electric Picnic acts.

• Advertisement

So whats happening, is there an announcement for this yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So whats happening, is there an announcement for this yet?

Id say we will get an annoucement before the end of this month

Paloma Faith, Basement Jaxx, and Candi Staton are the latest additions to Bestival'.

Those 3 would go down very well at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How does Bestival usually compare to EP? So far the acts for Bestival have been very good, would love to see a similar lineup at Picnic, but they don't usually have too many overlapping do they?

How does Bestival usually compare to EP? So far the acts for Bestival have been very good, would love to see a similar lineup at Picnic, but they don't usually have too many overlapping do they?

Last year we got a few acts , such as Franz Ferdinand , Fat Boy Slim , The Knife , Wu Tang Clan , The Walkmen off the top of my head .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Last year we got a few acts , such as Franz Ferdinand , Fat Boy Slim , The Knife , Wu Tang Clan , The Walkmen off the top of my head .

Whats the chances of The Walkmen playing somewhere this year? Would love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Whats the chances of The Walkmen playing somewhere this year? Would love to see them.

Indefinite hiatus unfortunately. So glad I caught them at EP last year.

Great band and what a live performance.

Not trying to rub it in by the way, was devastated when i heard.

Lead singer, Hamilton Leithauser, is releasing a solo album so might tour himself... I wasn't blown away by the track i heard though. Jesus, i'm full of good news ain't I?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Indefinite hiatus unfortunately. So glad I caught them at EP last year.

Great band and what a live performance.

Not trying to rub it in by the way, was devastated when i heard.

Lead singer, Hamilton Leithauser, is releasing a solo album so might tour himself... I wasn't blown away by the track i heard though. Jesus, i'm full of good news ain't I?

Boo, yeah I had heard that it would be unlikely I would catch them and read the reviews of them from EP last year on the other thread. Devo'd I missed them most of all. Ah well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Hadn't heard of them until I stumbled across their EP09 gig, serious energy amazing live! Would love to see them this year.

Their (well, his) second album wasn't great - much prefer the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

JT is headlining V festival around that time

• Advertisement

Their (well, his) second album wasn't great - much prefer the first one.

I'm the opposite while I enjoyed the first I thought Free the universe was a much better album lots of great tracks on it

srm23 wrote: »
    JT is headlining V festival around that time

He wont be doing EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

The wait is fcuking killing me at this point :/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

what sort of electronic acts would you like to see? wouldn't mind seeing todd terje again, he has a new album coming out!

hugeglobe wrote: »
    what sort of electronic acts would you like to see? wouldn't mind seeing todd terje again, he has a new album coming out!
    My reply just disappeared there, can't be BLOODY bothered typing it again, I'm gonna kick the sh1t out of my cache now for not retaining the info I typed.

Ahhaaa was sure massive attack would be at the EP! Weather was a mess for their 2010 gig, so would have loved to see them there again!

But I see there doing longitude. Boo:(

hugeglobe wrote: »

A band called gems, think they're classically trained, it's like electronic meets classical, really chilled! Would make a perfect early Sunday act

http://youtu.be/M5ff-mKEDNU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Love to see Chvrches but dunno how likely it is!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Love to see Chvrches but dunno how likely it is!

They're playng Longitude.

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    They're playng Longitude.

Did Longitude and EP share a few acts last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement