Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    I don't know why people feel the need to defend it so much. If you want it then work away, however for around 400 it seems insanity to me.

And yeah, I would view that as a definition of being a bit precious, sorry!

Horses for courses!
    I'm comfortable with me preciousness!
    About to book 2 man tent for Pink Moon for E180.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bootsy. wrote: »
    If you're under 25, go for Hendrix, if you're over 25, go for Warhol :) The others are too much walking.

That's completely untrue! There's isn't any age segregation what so ever, granted this year the free camping spaces close to the funfair in Hendrix probably attracted the odd naive youngster, but overall there's a broad mix of ages across all camp sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

mgkelly wrote: »
    Horses for courses!
    I'm comfortable with me preciousness!
    About to book 2 man tent for Pink Moon for E180.

:)

I'm not precious either anything but I'm fact but in a similiar situation to the other poster. I'll think about it anyway, halfords have some good offers on tents too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    I don't know why people feel the need to defend it so much. If you want it then work away, however for around 400 it seems insanity to me.

And yeah, I would view that as a definition of being a bit precious, sorry!

Probably for similar reasons that others want to disparage it and the people who use use it so much. Outside the age thing (and I've no doubt that a lot of us using the thing are a bit older), some of the camps last year as I've said in an earlier post looked closer to down town Mogadishu than a place to spend a weekend of fun and frolics. If that's what does it for you then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Mogadishu indeed! Good analogy. I'm too old for that, & life's too short for slumming it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

While we're here anyone got any good deals on 3 - 4 man pop up tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

While we're here anyone got any good deals on 3 - 4 man pop up tents?

Some good deals here http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/festival-tents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

So how close to selling out is this, I have a few mates trying to snap up their tickets within the next weekend and I wonder when the main bill will get a few more names to the line up that will speed up the process. Personally I'm fairly happy with the line up at present, but a few more names will be an added bonus.

I honestly don't think it will sell out this year. The headliners aren't popular enough.

I honestly don't think it will sell out this year. The headliners aren't popular enough.

I thought that as well but there seems to a be a lot of people who are going for the campsite banter as opposed to the music. It's not a niche festival anymore, it's the biggest one in the country.

I thought that as well but there seems to a be a lot of people who are going for the campsite banter as opposed to the music. It's not a niche festival anymore, it's the biggest one in the country.

yeah but that's been the case for the last two years since Oxegen lost popularity. A lot of people who would've went last year for mostly campsite banter and to maybe catch some of the big headliners were turned off by this years line-up. The loyalty scheme would've speeded up ticket sales again this year but even if it's the biggest fest in the country, this years line-ups target audience is a good bit more niche. Bigger capacity this year too.

I'm open to being surprised though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I think it will sell out. Not necessarily as a result of the headliners but the second tier acts, your Lily Allens, Paolo Nutinis et al. Combined with the heritage acts (Chic, PSB, Blondie) and I'd imagine it'll sell very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Bigger capacity this year too.
    Where has this been confirmed?
    afaia, EP were looking into the possibility of increasing the capacity by 5k over the next few years, but there doesn't appear to be any confirmation on this, at least with regards to this years capacity.

It's similar to the Sunday tickets selling out. Have they released the same amount as previous years? There was speculation that there weren't as many day tickets this year, but again I haven't seen any confirmation of numbers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And the fact Sunday tickets have already sold out without even knowing who is def playing on the Sunday

I saw the capacity increase mentioned a lot so just assumed it went ahead. If it's not confirmed then perhaps its still capped at last years capacity. Also wasn't aware Sunday sold out. I'm still not convinced though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well there is gonna be another announcement and depending how the weather fairs out and the particular gigs and events around the same time, I don't see why it wouldn't sell out, most peoples review of the event is that it is still consistently good. The EP's big selling point is that it appeals to the students too to have their last mad big party before the education season kicks in.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It'll sell out alright.
    We'll surely get another announcement late next week, after Longitude / Latitude are over.

I would have thought it mostly appealed to college graduates and beyond with Longitude/Oxegen for everyone fresh out of the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last year was the first time in years that it sold out, the only difference was €150 tickets.

same this year, so it will almost certainly sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm still not convinced it will sell out. This years line up isn't as mainstream or as appealing to the masses as last years was, and also the cheap tickets have been harder to get this year. Last year they were practically giving the codes away.

I know this isn't very scientific but I have a wide circle of friends aging from about 19 to 26 and not one of them is going, id probably buy a ticket if I had a group to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm in the college age group and a good 20+ of my friends are going even though they know feck all of the bands, mostly going for the camping, the atmosphere and the general chilled out banter involved. I imagine there are a lot of college going folks in a similar situation so I reckon it will be close to a sell out if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If you are on here saying it won't sell out because that's what you feel is the case no harm done. If you are on here saying it won't sell out to convince yourself that you will be able to pick up a cheapie on the week of the festival I'd say you are talking a fairly big risk. Get a ticket if you intend to go. Last year was a slaughterfest for tickets once they sold out. A LOT of people had left it to the wire and got caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would be surprised if it didn't sell out. One poster made a very good point a few weeks ago that this is now the biggest "cool" event to go to in the country for a certain population, and as bodhrandude said it's right before a lot of students would be back to college, so I don't think people will hesitate in spending their money on a ticket for one final blowout of the summer, despite the acts not being the most popular with that age group.

Personally I'd say I know at least 3 times as many people going this year as I did last year, one friend of mine from college even said the only act he knows playing are Outkast, yet he still bought a weekend ticket. If people are planning on buying their tickets a week in advance I think they could be disappointed, I would be very surprised if this didn't sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think it'll sell put. I know people going who dint even really listen to music, nevermind knowing any of the acts. They're just going for the craic. I'd say there are plenty like that.

Toast wrote: »
    If you are on here saying it won't sell out because that's what you feel is the case no harm done. If you are on here saying it won't sell out to convince yourself that you will be able to pick up a cheapie on the week of the festival I'd say you are talking a fairly big risk. Get a ticket if you intend to go. Last year was a slaughterfest for tickets once they sold out. A LOT of people had left it to the wire and got caught out.

ah jaysis yeah, my next payday is going straight on a ticket regardless. I wasn't really intending on going last year but was still looking around for second hand tickets the week before the fest and some of my friends paid upwards of 400(!) for a second hand weekend pass. I was lucky in that a friend who won a pair of tickets decided to bring me (one of the nicest gestures ever!).

Even though I don't think that will happen this year, piece of mind is always good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

I don't think it will sell out but I wouldn't be taking the risk either way. There will be more Sunday day tickets released closer to the date, I'd guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I know of a pair of lads who wound up having a wonderful time last year in one of the car parks as they had assumed that they would have no problem getting sorted for tickets when they got down there.

If you are thinking of going then just get your ticket, should be no problem flogging it on later if it does sell out and you decide not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking forward to St Vincent, it should be class.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Got this ^ downloaded at the weekend. Missed her at Glasto as plumped for Bonobo instead, knowing full well that I'd get to see her at EP. A must see in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Is there anymore announcements coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yes, several.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement