Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

yes, several.

Yes Gavin Friday and Sinead o conner have still to be announced ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yes Gavin Friday and Sinead o conner have still to be announced ;)

Sinead O Connor was announced in the last announcement that was announced. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Sinead O Connor was announced in the last announcement that was announced. :p

Damn so she was!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Absolutely no chance it'll sell out on current billing.

The line up is perhaps the weakest it's ever been, and not in a cool, hipster way either.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Jazzzman wrote: »

The line up is perhaps the weakest it's ever been, and not in a cool, hipster way either.
    Out of interest, of the acts touring round these parts in and around the end of August, who would you have on the bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The weakest its ever been? Even though line-ups are rather subjective, the fact that Portishead and Slowdive alone are on the bill makes that statement nonsense.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Out of interest, of the acts touring round these parts in and around the end of August, who would you have on the bill?

Is that your less than subtle way of saying the organisers can do no more and that I shouldn't dare call the line-up weak? Regardless of who or who isn't available to perform, it's a poor line up.

If you're relying on Lilly Allen, Paolo Nutini and Sinead O'Connor as second headliners then lets face it - you're struggling. Chic, Blondie and Simple Minds aren't exactly exciting prospects either.

nocoverart wrote: »
    The weakest its ever been? Even though line-ups are rather subjective, the fact that Portishead and Slowdive alone are on the bill makes that statement nonsense.

Great. You've named two bands. That's surely proved me wrong.

And pardon me if I don't get over excited at the prospect of once great bands like Slowdive performing for an injection of cash.

JAMC played a few years back and it was...eh...underwhelming.

Bands in their prime > Bands going through the motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it will sell out based on 2 artists, paolo nutini and lily allen.

it was arctic monkeys and ellie goulding last year.

it will sell out based on 2 artists, paolo nutini and lily allen.

it was arctic monkeys and ellie goulding last year.

Isn't Paolo playing about 10 gigs in Ireland this year? I'm sure people will hold off for his own gigs for a fraction of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that your less than subtle way of saying the organisers can do no more and that I shouldn't dare call the line-up weak? Regardless of who or who isn't available to perform, it's a poor line up.

If you're relying on Lilly Allen, Paolo Nutini and Sinead O'Connor as second headliners then lets face it - you're struggling. Chic, Blondie and Simple Minds aren't exactly exciting prospects either.

You left out Beck, Foals, James Murphy, Nancy Whang, Mogwai, London Grammar, Metronomy, Kelis, Twin Shadow, The Wailers among others, with more to come.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

nocoverart wrote: »

Not to mention St. Vincent, who is perhaps one of the most interesting women in music right now, plus Beck who released one of the best records of the year thus far and Outkast who barely ever performed live while they were a unit and haven't been together in years, making this perhaps one of the only opportunities most people this side of the Atlantic will have of ever seeing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Just watched Jack White's set at Glasto there. Shame he's only just played Kilmainham. Would've been a great addition to EP.

Duff wrote: »
    Just watched Jack White's set at Glasto there. Shame he's only just played Kilmainham. Would've been a great addition to EP.

Was there and the general concensus was that it was not good. Wish I'd left earlier to go and see Goldfrapp and he was in my top two must sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Was there and the general concensus was that it was not good. Wish I'd left earlier to go and see Goldfrapp and he was in my top two must sees.

Really? I enjoyed it. Dull enough crowd for him, though.

Duff wrote: »
    Really? I enjoyed it. Dull enough crowd for him, though.

Not the crowd, it was the performance when there. You only have to look at the reviews on eFests. Loads of people went including myself really excited about seeing him and it wasn't great. Was really disappointed as him and Royal Blood were my two absolute no compromise must see's.
    Wish I'd left and gone to see Goldfrapp. Checked her performance and it looked brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Is there a Leave No Trace Campsite at Electric Picnic?

cee_jay wrote: »
    Is there a Leave No Trace Campsite at Electric Picnic?

yes, I remember seeing it on the map. I 'think' its in the corner of Wilde but don't quote me on that.

Thanks MP - friends camped in the Leave no Trace at Body & Soul this year, sounds like an attractive option (a friend went and bought a tent after me and another friend planned on boutique camping).

cee_jay wrote: »
    Thanks MP - friends camped in the Leave no Trace at Body & Soul this year, sounds like an attractive option (a friend went and bought a tent after me and another friend planned on boutique camping).

Here ye go. map from last year, LNT in Wilde, http://electricpicnic.ie/assets/graphics/map/2013_large.png

• Advertisement

Ta very much. If we do camp there, I predict I will get completely lost in the woods (yet again!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These guys need to be added

These guys need to be added

Fúcking totally! Got a last minute stewarding job for Arctic Monkeys just so I could see them again. They are totally amazing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Haha you're obsessed with them! I think they're class as well and their album should be out by then so it couldn't work out any better really.

Haha you're obsessed with them! I think they're class as well and their album should be out by then so it couldn't work out any better really.

Who me?? Or the Furious? :p Can't wait for the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Furious initially but I think I can confidently extend that sentiment to yourself and not go too far wrong!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who me?? Or the Furious? :p Can't wait for the album.

You obviously :P . Ah no i just think they are a unreal . Plus have yet to see them

You obviously :P . Ah no i just think they are a unreal . Plus have yet to see them

If they play EP I will be up the front again! Love 'em. Right at the front of the John Peel tent. Totally amazing. Highlight of the weekend and finding a new band called Reignwolf, fook me they rocked but no BBC coverage of them. Raging.

10441103_10152071437786735_5821828521905935791_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Highlight of the weekend and finding a new band called Reignwolf, fook me they rocked but no BBC coverage of them. Raging.

Couldnt drag myself out of the tent for Reignwolf even after spending most of Glasto recommending him to anyone we chatted to. Was fortunately camped in the John Peel field so heard the performance and had caught him in Primavera before. Decent video of him doing a show for a radio station here.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Couldnt drag myself out of the tent for Reignwolf even after spending most of Glasto recommending him to anyone we chatted to. Was fortunately camped in the John Peel field so heard the performance and had caught him in Primavera before. Decent video of him doing a show for a radio station here.

Yay, someone else who saw it! It was a complete eye opener and the second best thing for me all weekend. Can't believe BBC didn't post it. I've seen some other footage but by jaysus with the drummer going nuts and him going nuts that was some show for the time it was on. Been checking to see when they will play again and they are touring the states now. Please ping me if you hear of them coming over this way for any gigs. Have to see them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement