Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Can't even explain how excited I am about Outkast. Can't wait to hear this live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Cheers but my reasoning is compared to previous line ups, this is poor.

I think ticket sales, or lack there of, will back me up on that.

Please respect peoples opinions. If I declare the line up weak, I don't need to establish which bands weren't booked that are touring/ offer alternatives.

A quick look at say 2007 line up... (I've edited it down a lot)

FRIDAY

Manic Street Preachers
    Modest Mouse
    Oppenheimer
    Bjork
    LCD Soundsystem
    Hot Chip
    Mr Scruff

SATURDAY
    Beastie Boys
    Erasure
    Jarvis Cocker
    MIA
    Spiritualized
    Ladytron
    Architecture In Helsinki
    Fionn Regan
    The Undertones
    The Jesus And Mary Chain
    Chemical Brothers
    Polyphonic Spree
    Magic Numbers
    Final Fantasy
    Ratatat
    Camera Obscura
    The Field

SUNDAY
    Primal Scream
    Iggy And The Stooges
    Sonic Youth
    Soul II Soul
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Fight Like Apes
    Beastie Boys
    The Fall
    Bat For Lashes
    Simple Kid
    Of Montreal

I mean geez.....they are worlds apart.

Awful lot of filler in there.
    Of Montreal, Fight Like Apes, Clap Your Hands, Primal scream, Magic Numbers, Undertones, Jarvis Cocker, Fionn Regan.
    Very glad none of them are on the lineup this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Can't even explain how excited I am about Outkast. Can't wait to hear this live.

I always miss acts but if I miss Outkast I might just cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

No, one of the big regrets of last year was missing that. Heard great reports.

I did catch them at Grant's gig in the Olympia this year though

Yeah it was kinda magical, was surprised she wasn't there with him at body and soul aswell

Just bought Wild Copse ticket for Bestival and return flights to Southampton with flybe...impulse buy slightly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    Just bought Wild Copse ticket for Bestival and return flights to Southampton with flybe...impulse buy slightly!

What way does getting to bestival work? Wild copse well laaa dee daaaah!

What way does getting to bestival work? Wild copse well laaa dee daaaah!

I think I can get a train and then a bus which goes on the ferry? I haven't even looked into it..I may end up regretting this

I think I can get a train and then a bus which goes on the ferry? I haven't even looked into it..I may end up regretting this

It's going to be a lot of travelling! I haven't put a single thought to it yet so I'm going to have to do a bit of planning soon. What's putting me off is that I don't have a physical ticket! Just an email from bestival saying to say my name at the gate! Hopefully I can pretend I'm a VIP for being on the guest list :cool:

It's going to be a lot of travelling! I haven't put a single thought to it yet so I'm going to have to do a bit of planning soon. What's putting me off is that I don't have a physical ticket! Just an email from bestival saying to say my name at the gate! Hopefully I can pretend I'm a VIP for being on the guest list :cool:

Are you on the Thursday entry? Yeah it's going to be tough, especially after the aftermath of EP!

Are you on the Thursday entry? Yeah it's going to be tough, especially after the aftermath of EP!

Literally all I know is that the girl from bestival (bless her sugar coated soul she was pleasant!) sent in the email that it's easier to stick me on the guest list because I won the ticket and it had to be transferred and all this kind of stuff so they don't have to pay for a ticket then refund themselves, so I'm just on the guest list! I suppose that means I can go any day?

edit: yes I'm going to be in a terrible state after ep! I'll have to just keep a roll over going from the end of ep and deal with the consequences after the following week!

• Advertisement

Literally all I know is that the girl from bestival (bless her sugar coated soul she was pleasant!) sent in the email that it's easier to stick me on the guest list because I won the ticket and it had to be transferred and all this kind of stuff so they don't have to pay for a ticket then refund themselves, so I'm just on the guest list! I suppose that means I can go any day?

"I'm on the guest list" well la dee daa yourself :p yeah I imagine you can go in any day in that case!
    Definitely get all her details though just in case!

"I'm on the guest list" well la dee daa yourself :p yeah I imagine you can go in any day in that case!
    Definitely get all her details though just in case!

haha! Imagine she was winding me up! I'd have no other choice but to laugh all the way home.

Better get back to the electric picnic topic of this thread! :P

What did everyone see someone else doing last year that made them go "oooooh I'll have to do that next year!"
    -- There were a few things for me, bringing one of those rubber mallets for the tent pegs, luminous tent pegs, better spirits to cans ratio (in favour of the spirits, for easily bringing into main arena), a gazebo! The people next to us last year had one and it looked great and allowed them to have a little closed off place for their tents so other people wouldn't be walking in between.. also I'm bringing way less stuff! I saw people showing up with tiny bags with them, I brought a big bag full of stuff and it was just annoying more than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Always travel light! Hate lugging large amounts of stuff. Don't need an extensive wardrobe, after all! Also, I tend not to drink at festivals, as go on my own & don't want to be getting lost! Alcohol would ruin me enjoyment, in truth - must be getting very old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Jazzzman wrote: »
    ... my reasoning is compared to previous line ups, this is poor...

... look at say 2007 line up...
    ....they are worlds apart....

I prefer this years line-up to 2007's. Of those acts you listed, I'd like maybe 10 of them. This year, so far, there's about 20 & that'll rise with more announcements to come.
    I'd agree they are worlds apart :)

I don't think the headliners & second tier are weak at all. Chic, for example, are a great live act. Seen them in Cork last year & it's one of the best gigs I've been too. Also, they were lauded by many as 'best show of the weekend' at EP few years back.

There's decent acts throughout the line-up. I'm looking forward to a number of acts that appear further down the poster as much as those towards the top.

On the subject of possible additions.
    Janelle Monae is touring Europe in August. Would like to see her again.
    Giorgio Moroder would be nice. Was looking forward to him last year.
    Also, Indiana. She's playing Reading/Leeds week before, Bestival week after and her album is being released the weekend of EP.

Love this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I prefer this years line-up to 2007's. Of those acts you listed, I'd like maybe 10 of them. This year, so far, there's about 20 & that'll rise with more announcements to come.
    I'd agree they are worlds apart :)

I don't think the headliners & second tier are weak at all. Chic, for example, are a great live act. Seen them in Cork last year & it's one of the best gigs I've been too. Also, they were lauded by many as 'best show of the weekend' at EP few years back.

There's decent acts throughout the line-up. I'm looking forward to a number of acts that appear further down the poster as much as those towards the top.

Yep that has been my favourite act ever at EP...it's was unreal. I'm guessing they are main stage so hope it can be recreated!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yep that has been my favourite act ever at EP...it's was unreal. I'm guessing they are main stage so hope it can be recreated!

I didn't really know much about them then & didn't go see them. :(
    Remember reading on here about it afterwards and everyone was raving about it.

I'm sure they'll be good on any stage but would prefer Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

King Kong company playing salty dog Sunday night 1.30 am.
    They are well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Hey Red Bull are you listening? I want Marcel Dettmann, Len Faki, Monobloc, Trust the Machine and Ben Klock please thanks.

Actually can you just recreate a night at Berghain please thanks.

Happy with the main line up, but I want to get down to business afterwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen the end of Book Brass Band and most of Hot Sprockets on the Salty Dog last year and both ended up being in my highlights of the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Stumbled upon them last year and they were brilliant. One of my favourites of the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Seen the end of Book Brass Band and most of Hot Sprockets on the Salty Dog last year and both ended up being in my highlights of the weekend

Was at the salty dog for both acts as well. Wasn't expecting much from Booka Brass Band as I'd never even heard of them before but they were savage altogether. The place was hoppin! Seen them at body and soul a couple of weeks ago too and blew me away again.. The two were my highlight of last year also.
    Heading to knockanstockan next week so I'll be seeing the two in action again, can't feckin wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Cheered when I was scrolling through facebook last night and this popped up on my feed.
    Excellent slot for them as well as stage.
    Would highly recommend them to everybody :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Cheered when I was scrolling through facebook last night and this popped up on my feed.
    Excellent slot for them as well as stage.
    Would highly recommend them to everybody :D
    I have them I'm my top 6 of gigs that I any miss

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Would also recommend King Kong Company. My friend raved about their gig at EP last year so went to see them at Body & Soul this year. They were brilliant, got the crowd up and dancing at the ungodly hour of noon on the Sunday.

Just listening to King Kong Company here, amazing! Looking forward to them..what a perfect slot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just listening to King Kong Company here, amazing! Looking forward to them..what a perfect slot

Don't see them listed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They self-confirmed on Facebook today for the Salty Dog Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is there a list of stage times?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Is there a list of stage times?

Gawd no, you'll be lucky to get it a week before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement