Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Cheers, i was thinking that would of been asking a bit much.

Another question, can you bring beer/food etc into the campsite each day, as I dont fancy taking it all in one trip from the car, i'm thinking take what i need each day, don't mind the walk either.

Yep, indeed you can, you can go in and out as much as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Thanks

Although, I will add, the hassle of bringing it all in when you arrive is, in my opinion, far less than the hassle of going out for stuff when you're hungover/tired/having fun etc. The only downside to bringing all in one go is that you are much more likely to leave stuff behind that doesn't get used as you couldn't be arsed dragging it back out.

Buy a handcart of some sort, they are the J O B!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Glastonut wrote: »
    Thank god. jees if you want to see electronic music go to a nightlcub!

If you haven't realised, Electric Picnic always had a strong emphasis on Electronic music...the hint is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Thanks Guys with the info re Pink Moon, can't wait now. I'm hoping there could be a chance JAMES may be added, always put on a great show. Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Want:
    DFA 1979
    Rustie
    Hudson Mohawke
    Forest Swords
    Moderat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

No, that would be two turn tables and a microphone.

the craic is also located there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

If you haven't realised, Electric Picnic always had a strong emphasis on Electronic music...the hint is in the name.
    Where did you get that idea?

It's simply an arts and music festival. David Kitt & Grand Master Flash played the first year. They're not electronic.

You do need a lot of electricity to run a festival though :rolleyes:

It's simply an arts and music festival. David Kitt & Grand Master Flash played the first year. They're not electronic.

headlined by Groove Armada...
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    headlined by Groove Armada...
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.. :(

Not being sarcastic but I don't think you can label a festival electronic when only the headliner is electronic. I've always seen it as a general music festival, like Glasto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Just realised Chromeo are playing in the US on Saturday...too much to expect for them to play Friday here? :pac:

Not being sarcastic but I don't think you can label a festival electronic when only the headliner is electronic. I've always seen it as a general music festival, like Glasto.

It's not an electronic festival but it has deep roots in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Any chance of Tame Impala being added do yis think? If them and DFA79 were added I would be the happiest man at EP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just realised Chromeo are playing in the US on Saturday...too much to expect for them to play Friday here? :pac:

Yes sadly :mad::(

Would love to see Tame Impala , Janelle Monae , Hives , Vampire Weekend , Jimmy Eat World and Royal Blood to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys with the info re Pink Moon, can't wait now. I'm hoping there could be a chance JAMES may be added, always put on a great show. Fingers crossed

James are great, though I'd be surprised if they were announced at this late stage. Would love to see them live. Despite my vintage (late 80'/early 90's were the beginnings of my musical exploration), never saw these guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

James just played 3 gigs in Ireland I think, so I doubt they'd be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

if you come from the Monasterevin side, via Cush & Vicarstown you will be able to park right at the corner of the site and on the side of Pink Moon, car park Z I think it is. We've done that for the past few years, I come up from Cork and even drive up as far as the Monasterevin exit on the Motorway and drive back down the way I said just to get to that car park. It's so much handier, a max 10 minute walk from your tent in Pink Moon to that car park.

BTW: Pink Moon is great if you want some sleep and enjoy the respect of others and are willing to show respect to your neighbours too:D

Separate entrance into Pink Moon with 24 Hour security at the gate. About 16 showers, queues tend to move along fairly well, can't fault it really.

EDIT: Sorry, when I say separate entrance I mean it's a closed off area once you are inside the main estate area. Of course you enter through the main gates like everyone else.

Cheers, looked at the 2013 map and i see what you mean about car park Z. When i looked at it before i thought it meant it was only for public/taxi drop off
    By what you said i think Pink moon will be prefect for myself and the GF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Picnic was always heavily focussed bringing electronic acts and DJs, but the right kind of ones so as it didnt turn into another creamfields global gathering scobefest. It was a big part of the attraction in the earlier years that you could enjoy decent electronic acts without being surrounded by tracksuits.

Look at the lineup over the years,there is probably a 40 -60 split between what you could call dance,electronic acts,djs and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Some of Cage The Elephant, MØ, Boyz Noise, Royal Blood, Gesaffelstein, HudMo, Jimmy Eat World, Major Lazer and SBTRKT would be great please, EP Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

mgkelly wrote: »
    James are great, though I'd be surprised if they were announced at this late stage. Would love to see them live. Despite my vintage (late 80'/early 90's were the beginnings of my musical exploration), never saw these guys!

New album out and sounding better then ever ☺️

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Some of Cage The Elephant, MØ, Boyz Noise, Royal Blood, Gesaffelstein, HudMo, Jimmy Eat World, Major Lazer and SBTRKT would be great please, EP Gods.

If JEW get announced I'll lose it. Nostalgia time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

lbj666 wrote: »
    Picnic was always heavily focussed bringing electronic acts and DJs, but the right kind of ones so as it didnt turn into another creamfields global gathering scobefest. It was a big part of the attraction in the earlier years that you could enjoy decent electronic acts without being surrounded by tracksuits.

Look at the lineup over the years,there is probably a 40 -60 split between what you could call dance,electronic acts,djs and everything else.

It used to be for people that were into electronic music and the sort of bands that those people would like. That has been eroded over the years which is why its a ****e festival now. If you have ever said "I hate dance music" then please stop going to festivals.

They are over in America around EP time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

C'mon EP announce something to give us something to talk about.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Gesaffelstein is playing Electric Zoo on the same weekend, in fact this US edm festival has been nicking potential EP acts for the last few years now, so here's hoping that EP will manage to also skim some good potential EZ acts this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

C'mon EP announce something to give us something to talk about.

It's never stopped us before.

C'mon EP announce something to give us something official to talk about.
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    It's never stopped us before.

Fixed that there for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

There's surely something on the way. Line up is grand as is but I'm excited to see what's left tba.

Id say after Longitude is over we will get an announcement soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

I am seriously excited for Beck! Even just for Devil's Haircut, Loser and Where It's At alone. Must get his new album in preparation for the gig!

You should have got it anyway, great album, favourite of year so far for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement