Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't they normally announce that they're going to announce these things though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So perhaps a secret burst of names at 7pm then hopefully.

Why do you reckon 7pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why do you reckon 7pm?

They've announced before at that time, yes usually they announce that they are going to announce, hopefully soon anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

MattD wrote: »

And Aoife, there was only Sunday day tickets announced and they sold out weeks ago, who's playing what day won't be announced for a while after all the main arena acts have been announced too.

so no other day tickets? aw...didn't really have the money anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mysterious O-o

Got DEM contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Who I gotta shift to get an announcement around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Just booked pinkmoon camping for EP for the first time.

Does anyone know do they allow gazebos in there? And if so do they enforce it?? Don't fancy getting rained on

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

paulieeye wrote: »
    Just booked pinkmoon camping for EP for the first time.

Does anyone know do they allow gazebos in there? And if so do they enforce it?? Don't fancy getting rained on

i doubt it, the tents are pre-pitched in rows, there isn't anywhere to put a Gazebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

mickc10 wrote: »
    Seeing as the Black Keys haven't played on Irish soil since releasing 'Turn Blue and with their US tour not starting till Sept 5th I'd say they are a safe bet to be announced for EP.

Definite LOL moment there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

AdMMM wrote: »
    James just played 3 gigs in Ireland I think, so I doubt they'd be added.

They supported The Smiths in your neck of the woods - The Savoy - back in November 1984.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would love if Daughter played but they're playing Norway August 30th so looks pretty doubtful.

Is there an announcement due soon or it just speculating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I reckon we'll have an announcement any day now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Tame Impala prefaced their Latitude show over the weekend by saying it was their last show on their last tour for a very long time. No Picnic slot so it seems.

Balls, I'd love to see them.
    mickc10 wrote: »
    EP is 1 week before their US tour starts. A bit of inside info to go with that as well. Shhhhhhhhh! You heard it here first.

Ah here, don't be doing that. Even though I know there's a very good chance you're taking out your backside you've still planted the thought, and now I'll be disappointed when they aren't announced. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

BANKS did just play Longitude, but her record is coming out in September so I'm still holding out hope that she'll appear at Electric Picnic. I think she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

BANKS did just play Longitude, but her record is coming out in September so I'm still holding out hope that she'll appear at Electric Picnic. I think she's great.

Jeeyasus, did you see her at Longitude?? So much saccharin and weeping and coming out with "everyone here is a Goddess". I nearly puked and we went to the Speakeasy fairly promptly after that. Can't even remember if she was a good singer cos of all the guff she was coming out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I wasn't at Longitude, no. I've been following her for the last year or so though and she has some great tracks on Soundcloud and I've watched a couple of acoustic performances online where she sounded amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is there an announcement due soon or it just speculating?

My sources tell me that David Bowie will be announcing the date of the next announcement at 7pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My sources tell me that David Bowie will be announcing the date of the next announcement at 7pm this evening.
    Is there any cameo that David Bowie won't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Question for ye lads. In what order would you rank the stages in terms of size? My friends who have never gone before were asking me this the other day, but I found it hard to say, there were a lot of stages I wasn't at last year and of the ones I was at a lot seemed similar in size.

I would guess something like:
    1) Main Stage
    2) RBMA
    3) Electric Arena
    4) Body & Soul MS
    5) Casa Bacardi

Maybe some of you EP veterans will know better!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Question for ye lads. In what order would you rank the stages in terms of size? My friends who have never gone before were asking me this the other day, but I found it hard to say, there were a lot of stages I wasn't at last year and of the ones I was at a lot seemed similar in size.

I would guess something like:
    1) Main Stage
    2) RBMA
    3) Electric Arena
    4) Body & Soul MS
    5) Casa Bacardi

Maybe some of you EP veterans will know better!
    I'd go:

Main Stage
    Electric Arena
    Rankin's Wood
    Cosby Stage
    Little Big Tent
    Trailer Park Stage
    Body and Soul Main Stage
    Casa Bacardi
    Salty Dog
    RBMA (although this is just a in forest so it's size is open to interpretation)

Cosby, LBT and Trailer Park all very similar size!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Soooo, any chance of Garth Brooks or Coldplay being added at this stage? :D .......

All joking aside, Coldplay would be a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Joking aside, they would probably cost the same as the budget for all performers at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm hopeful the Black Keys will not be added given the diabolical performance they put in in the O2 last time they played. 50 minute set, pretty much all of El Camino played and nothing from the older albums. It was the El Camino tour, Im not an idiot - I knew it'd be heavy, but one or two of the older tracks would've been nice. Strange Times and Psychotic Girl were pretty big too, it's not like I'm asking for a b-side to their original mix tape!!

If I had to ask for a biggish act (there wont be one Id say btw) it'd be Vampire Weekend or Phoenix.

Jazzzman wrote: »
    All joking aside, Coldplay would be a great addition.

That sentence cancels itself out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The 1975
    // E L E C T R I C P I C N I C - I R E L A N D - A U G U S T 2 9 - 3 1 // L O V E

10497033_867192293310570_7745615918778139578_o.jpg

Guessing it is them just sharing the photo from last year but the dates are this years EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW • SBTRKT• BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB• WILD BEASTS• THE 1975 • HOZIER • HERCULES&LOVE AFFAIR • CATHY DAVEY• ASGEIR• NICK MULVEY• SAMPHA• SEINABO SEY• RUSTIE • THE STRYPES• WALKING ON CARS • LE GALEXIE• **** ROBOT • BP FALLON • NIGHTBOX • SHEPPARD• THE WHEREABOUTS • TRINITY ORCHESTRA• DUBLIN GOSPEL CHOIR

23 New Acts.

Success SBTRKT and Hercules and Love Affair happy with that

RUSTIE! ****ing delighted!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10577086_10152584242099168_8734205880953576086_n.jpg?oh=1d0cc7ffe709fe322e8da60cf529d851&oe=5453C51F&__gda__=1412824394_fa084dd3e83682096ff7489fab6aa71c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

solid additions!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement