Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Way too many people I want to see in the undercard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Aaaaand now i'm tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can really see how Livenation/MCD are running the show now. A few years a go, any act that played at a MCD run event would never play Electric Picnic.

Am I right in thinking there's still one more announcement for the EP run stages, and then a final one for the Salty Dog etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Looks tight, Hozier, SBTRKT and The 1975 are solid. Plenty to be at for the weekend. No Moderat though :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Absolutely delighted with that and actually dare I say it overwhelmed!

Chuffed with la galaxie , Bombay bicycle were one of my highlights two years ago and I'm so happy with Hercules and love affair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Happy with SBTRKT & Bombay Bicycle Club, and if there's no one else I want to see at the same time I'll probably go see the 1975. Serious guilty pleasure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not bad additions, still no Moderat though, nice to see Sh1t Robot, SBTRKT, might check out this Rustie fellah too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Happy with SBTRKT, hope it's a live show and not a DJ set as I saw him DJ last summer and wasn't too mad on it. Although I'm pretty sure he's releasing new stuff soon and I also see that Sampha is announced as playing so it's pretty likely that it's a live show. Would like to see Hozier too.

Really hoping that RBMA announce some decent techno acts for the forest now and I'll be happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

SBTRKT, very nice.

If Red Bull bring their A game this'll be a pretty tidy lineup. Pleb kryptonite as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    You can really see how Livenation/MCD are running the show now. A few years a go, any act that played at a MCD run event would never play Electric Picnic.

Am I right in thinking there's still one more announcement for the EP run stages, and then a final one for the Salty Dog etc?

I suppose the LBT has been sorta announced now with Rustie and other folk. RBMA still has to be announced, B&S area (2 or 3 stages), Trailer Park area, Salty Dog, Mindfield area, Comedy Stage. Still quite a few to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Jazzzman wrote: »
    All joking aside, Coldplay would be a great addition.
    Maybe at V Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

do people still think this year is a weak line up?! already have a list of 30+ acts to see!

roll wrote: »
    do people still think this year is a weak line up?! already have a list of 30+ acts to see!

Well it ain't weak to yourself, you more or less have your weekend sorted out with thirty acts slotted in, all you need to do now is plan to see the non-music stuff in between and to explore the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can see why they waited until after Longitude to announce that. BBC, JVM, Hozier, Le Galaxie, 1975 all played. Good acts though!

Wonder will someone like Asgeir play the Other Voices stage? He played the most recent one but dunno are they keeping the acts playing there hush up or just not announcing specific set times or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

byrneg28 wrote: »
    JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW • SBTRKT• BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB• WILD BEASTS• THE 1975 • HOZIER • HERCULES&LOVE AFFAIR • CATHY DAVEY• ASGEIR• NICK MULVEY• SAMPHA• SEINABO SEY• RUSTIE • THE STRYPES• WALKING ON CARS • LE GALEXIE• **** ROBOT • BP FALLON • NIGHTBOX • SHEPPARD• THE WHEREABOUTS • TRINITY ORCHESTRA• DUBLIN GOSPEL CHOIR

23 New Acts.

Success SBTRKT and Hercules and Love Affair happy with that

That is a brilliant announcement :D It was exactly what I needed, just added that couple extra bands to solidify the line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'm thrilled with all of this!!!!!

Cant wait for the last few to be announced, and the stage times to really get planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Bombay bicycle club, hozier, and wild beasts all excite. Good announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Delighted with this! I was already excited but this is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

Well it ain't weak to yourself, you more or less have your weekend sorted out with thirty acts slotted in, all you need to do now is plan to see the non-music stuff in between and to explore the festival.

that's what midnight to 2am is for B-dude!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Not mega fan of anyone in particular there but definitely has the lineup filled out nicely now. Plenty of promising acts for me to check out.

Looking forward to seeing who's in the comedy tent too. My guess is Dara o Briain headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Wild Beasts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I can't remember, does EP do a sort of up and coming Irish stage? For the Tandem Felixs, Statics, etc of this world?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,763 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Bombay bicycle club, hozier, and wild beasts all excite. Good announcement.

this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Tandem Felix played EP last year so it's safe to say they could get another shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Le Galaxie, Hozier, James Vincent McMorrow, SBTRKT, Bombay Bicycle Club and Wild Beasts will on be on my must see list!

Will be checking out Rustie as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

no chance of SBTRKT and Sampha collaborating live for this number?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Very happy with that especially Rustie, Wild Beasts and SBTRKT.

All 3 were great last time I saw them (also @ EP!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Do people actually enjoy listening to James Vincent McMorrow? I think I'd rather get all my teeth pulled out at once TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very happy with that announcement. Not even sure if I'll go and see any of the acts announced in that batch apart from Le Galaxie and **** Robot but a lot of them are ones I would go to if there's nothing else on, don't think any of them will attract a bad crowd either. Still have the RBMA and Body & Soul to go too, definitely won't be able to fit in all the acts I plan on catching! Very excited.

Le Galaxie have just announced on twitter that it's a DJ set they're playing.

"Le Galaxie ‏@LeGalaxie 1m
    CLARIFICATION: Le Galaxie @EPfestival is a DJ set 'LASERDISCO NIGHTS'. Tunes, live drums, perscussion, vocalists and a whopper laser show."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement