Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mince Pie wrote: »
    They're playng Longitude.

Ah well they're ya go! Didn't realise that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Would like to see
    Basement Jaxx, Aphex twin, Caribou, Jon Hopkins sure I might as well throw in Daft Punk

Might be lucky to get one or two of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Yeah basement jaxx would be a bit good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hugeglobe wrote: »
    what sort of electronic acts would you like to see? wouldn't mind seeing todd terje again, he has a new album coming out!
    there's so many electronic acts on the go that it's hard to narrow it down to a list!

the Bugged Out weekender lineup:
    http://buggedoutweekender.net/index.php/lineup

or most of the Parklife lineup:
    http://www.parklife.uk.com/lineup.php

Unknown:
    http://www.unknowncroatia.com/2014-line-up

Dimensions lineup (same weekend as EP):
    http://www.dimensionsfestival.com/2014-line-up/

all of those have loads of acts that I'd love to see at EP. even half of the Bugged Out Weekender lineup would have me delighted!

looking at just the live acts from Parklife:
    SBTRKT
    Flying Lotus
    Moderat
    Jon Hopkins
    Tensnake
    Gold Panda
    Jacques Greene
    Ryan Hemsworth
    Benoit & Sergio
    Factory Floor
    Zomby
    Submotion Orchestra
    Thundercat
    Throwing Snow
    Illum Sphere
    .....and then there's about 30 DJs playing it that i'd love to see!

Bestival is the week after EP and books far more electronic acts and DJs than EP does.

Terje is playing a live set in Dublin in May if it's of any use, same weekend as Life festival though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hugeglobe wrote: »
    what sort of electronic acts would you like to see? wouldn't mind seeing todd terje again, he has a new album coming out!

Aphex Twin: Has never played the Picnic, although he doesn't seem to be touring at all for the last year and a half.
    Boys Noize: Hasn't played since 2011
    Sh1t Robot: Same as above
    Matador: Wouldn't mind seeing him again.
    Reid: Cork DJ (Backward grooves with an ambient techno feel)
    Jon Hopkins: After he plays Body & Soul.
    Gesaffelstein: I don't think he has played the Picnic.
    Tourist: Played last year, wouldn't mind seeing him again.
    Baraka Som Sistema: After they play Body & Soul.
    Four Tet
    Wiggle
    Jimmy the Hideous Penguin
    Fish Go Deep
    Seth Troxler
    Moderat

When I was posting earlier and was about to submit reply I inadvertently hit one of the low right buttons, either control, fin, window button or alt but my Boards posting page disappeared, Ive no idea what I done but it put me into a foul rage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Hudson Mohawke again please!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Le Galaxie at the Body & Soul stage last year was one of the best gigs I have ever been to!

Would love to see this year:

Moderat or Modeselektor
    Boards of Canada (new album recently released)
    Arcade Fire (new album recently released)
    Massive Attack (they are playing Longitude)
    Daft Punk
    UNKLE
    Orbital
    Elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Any idea when the line up will be announced?

EP just got back to me on Facebook, I asked 'How soon is soon.' They replied 'Very soon.' So I'm presuming maybe this Monday or the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They also said very soon back in December. Honestly I'd be surprised if the lads running the Twitter/Facebook accounts have any idea at all and are just told to keep the hype alive until whatever else is needed to be put in place.

Any chance we can get this thread titled changed to Electric Picnic 2014 Speculation and whenever there is something concrete get it changed back to Electric Picnic 2014... I keep reading when there are new updates in the hope of real news but there never is. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I hear David Bowie runs the Twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

The Prodigy are playing Sziget in August so by the process of wishful thinking, they could play EP too..

The Prodigy are playing Sziget in August so by the process of wishful thinking, they could play EP too..

And Rock en Seine festival in France the weekend before EP, so they are definitely within a flying range to do EP, the same for Portishead also playing Rock en Seine. Seeing that Robert Plant's band had two members of Portishead / Massive attack that played last year, negotiations probably took place there and then for Portishead at 2014, this is also strengthened by the fact that Massive Attack has played EP twice now, so their music would be very much suited to the EP ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just depends on whether EP are bothered booking them.

they played Creamfields last year the week before EP but didn't play here (or anywhere) that weekend, despite there not being any "classic" big dance act on the lineup like in previous years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just depends on whether EP are bothered booking them.

they played Creamfields last year the week before EP but didn't play here (or anywhere) that weekend, despite there not being any "classic" big dance act on the lineup like in previous years.

Yea would love if Prodigy did EP . Would be perfect for friday night when i still have loads of energy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

EP just got back to me on Facebook, I asked 'How soon is soon.' They replied 'Very soon.' So I'm presuming maybe this Monday or the following Monday.

Wonder is there a few more verys left, next week they'll be saying very very soon! :P Think someone mentioned mid-March for a launch date so hope they're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yea would love if Prodigy did EP . Would be perfect for friday night when i still have loads of energy :)

Love the prodigy, but would they still draw a bit of a nack crowd? Or have all those heads grown up to be sensible?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Love the prodigy, but would they still draw a bit of a nack crowd? Or have all those heads grown up to be sensible?

Dont no since we had FBS and Arctic Monkeys this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any hope of seeing Digitilism on the line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Underworld would make my weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

The Prodigy were always known as a 'dance' act, even though they tried to move beyond it from their second album onward. I always felt that they were looked down on a bit. People thought of them as just a group of 'mad yolks' and not to be taken too seriously. But they've released some truly brilliant music. The majority of it the work of just one man. Their best stuff transcended genres and individual dance scenes. 'Narayan' was dropped at a Cream gig in the Point years ago. 8000 house heads were just standing there, hugging each other and utterly lost in it. But they've lost that magic. If you played any of their new material at a house gig nowadays you'd be laughed off the stage. More power to them I suppose, they don't owe me anything. But Howlett is a wasted talent. I hope he eventually gets rid of those other two clowns and gets back into it.

Dont no since we had FBS and Arctic Monkeys this year.

What?? They're playing again :pac:

What?? They're playing again :pac:

Ha good observation Batman :P

ThirdMan wrote: »
    The Prodigy were always known as a 'dance' act, even though they tried to move beyond it from their second album onward. I always felt that they were looked down on a bit. People thought of them as just a group of 'mad yolks' and not to be taken too seriously. But they've released some truly brilliant music. The majority of it the work of just one man. Their best stuff transcended genres and individual dance scenes. 'Narayan' was dropped at a Cream gig in the Point years ago. 8000 house heads were just standing there, hugging each other and utterly lost in it. But they've lost that magic. If you played any of their new material at a house gig nowadays you'd be laughed off the stage. More power to them I suppose, they don't owe me anything. But Howlett is a wasted talent. I hope he eventually gets rid of those other two clowns and gets back into it.

Agree with you here completely, Howlett is one of the greatest dj's/producers of all time imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Agree with you here completely, Howlett is one of the greatest dj's/producers of all time imo

Absolutely. I'm sure you've heard of it already, but his The Dirtchamber Sessions is one of my favourite DJ mixes. It got dissed by some of their fans because it wasn't the Prodigy, and it got dissed by everyone else because it was The Prodigy. But it's reputation has grown over time. All of his influences are laid bare on it. It's an unusual listen if you're not accustomed to hearing funk and soul in a DJ set, but it takes some beating. It's hard to believe it's by the same guy that produced Invaders Must Die.

Liam Howlett - The Dirtchamber Sessions

Tracklist

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm sure you've heard of it already, but his The Dirtchamber Sessions is one of my favourite DJ mixes. It got dissed by some of their fans because it wasn't the Prodigy, and it got dissed by everyone else because it was The Prodigy. But it's reputation has grown over time. All of influences are laid bare on it. It's an unusual listen if you're not accustomed to hearing funk and soul in a DJ set, but it takes some beating. It's hard to believe it's by the same guy that produced Invaders Must Die.

Liam Howlett - The Dirtchamber Sessions

Tracklist

It's been a while man, nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

The Prodigy are playing The Marquee in Cork the first week of July, they won't play EP

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Outkast are playing Pukklepop,hopefully that bodes well for them to play EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seasoned electric picnicer considering going to body n soul this year just for John grant alone. Anyone go to both every year. Not sure if the body can cope with two festivals!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I did them both last year, well worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement