Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm not looking forward to looking at the actual timetable for the weekend and seeing that I'm probably gonna have to forego certain acts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm not looking forward to looking at the actual timetable for the weekend and seeing that I'm probably gonna have to forego certain acts. :(

Yep I reckon a lot of clashes...I was totally underwhelmed with the original line up but now it's all coming together!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Once St Vincent and London Grammar dont clash I'll be happy just wandering around checking stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hopefully we'll get the line up a bit earlier this year, last year took the piss wasn't out until Friday morning/noon :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Once St Vincent and London Grammar dont clash I'll be happy just wandering around checking stuff out.

I was the same but now they've added Hozier and Bombay Bicycle Club I reckon clashes will be happening some way or another.

• Advertisement

I'm actually addicted to this! the 1st 2 min in-particular :p had a couple of beers the other night then put this on....bliss (headphones a must!)

There are loads I'd like to see. I definitely think I'm in for one or two clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Once Portishead, Outkast, Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Chic, James Murphy, SBTRKT, St. Vincent, London Grammar,
    Wild Beasts, Metronomy, Flume, Annie Mac, Omar Souleyman, Le Galaxie, Temples,
    Sohn, Twin Shadow, Jungle, Kaytranada, Glass Animals, Vaults,
    Dimitri From Paris, The 2 Bears & Mother DJs
    don't clash, I'll be happy out!

siblers wrote: »
    I was the same but now they've added Hozier and Bombay Bicycle Club I reckon clashes will be happening some way or another.

Not bothered about them, have seen Hozier 3 times now (twice at glasto and once at longy) and not the biggest fan of BBC.
    Come to think of it a lot of the new line up hasn't given me anything else to look forward to. I'm delighted with it cos I can see the appeal but nowt there to get me excited.
    The 1975 can go into my going to the woods to play spoons rather than listen to them for another minute gang.

Pretty much Outkast, Foals, London Grammar and St Vincent for me and will wait for the comedy line up. Anything else is a bonus. :D
    Oh and Wolf Alice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Not much love for Slowdive here, have a feeling they're gonna clash with someone else I really like. Very low billing in EP compared to Primavera where they pretty much headlined.

• Advertisement

Not really that bothered about London Grammar. The frontwoman's voice kind of reminds me of Florence Welch a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LEGACY1970s

Does anyone have a campervan ticket to sell? please pm me, ta

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Not really that bothered about London Grammar. The frontwoman's voice kind of reminds me of Florence Welch a lot.

If London Grammar were around in 2009 I'd probably care more but there have been so many bands fronted by young women the past few years that are all pretty much doing the same thing. It's getting boring.

proudi wrote: »
    If London Grammar were around in 2009 I'd probably care more but there have been so many bands fronted by young women the past few years that are all pretty much doing the same thing. It's getting boring.

Oh noes, the wimmins are fronting bands and its getting popular!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha, I suppose it shows people have different taste in music, I tried to enjoy that but had worked up a headache after 5 minutes, all looks a bit sad. Horses for course I guess :)

yeah really not into that at all. Too much chopping and changing for me, no real flow. In my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Not much love for Slowdive here, have a feeling they're gonna clash with someone else I really like. Very low billing in EP compared to Primavera where they pretty much headlined.

Haven't they been mostly inactive for years? Personally I'm really hyped to see em, and they better be playing in one of the tents - not the kinda thing that would go down well on the Main Stage (like MBV that year)

Irish festivals could learn a lot from Primavera's lineup alright though. EP in particular is lacking a certain edge, it needs more acts like Sun Ra Akestra, Follakzoid, Kendrick Lamar and GY!BE etc. not crap like James Vincent McMorrow and poxy Hozier that others festivals already featured.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just booked my ticket, looking forward to Kelis, Outkast, Nutini, Lilly Allen, Cathy Davey, Duke Damont, Ham sandwich and The Strypes the most.

Lets hope the weather is fantastic :cool:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just booked my ticket, looking forward to Kelis, Outkast, Nutini, Lilly Allen, Cathy Davey, Duke Damont, Ham sandwich and The Strypes the most.

Lets hope the weather is fantastic :cool:

I'm on ACC weather right now apparently the weather is going to be fantastic on the Friday, but snow on Saturday :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Has anyone stayed in pink moon before? If so, is it cool to take alcohol out of the camp as like the general camp site?

Cheers

I'm glad to see a lot of women making inroads in music recently. I think it's a positive thing. It's just London Grammar in particular remind me a lot of Florence and the Machine. I can see myself ending up at them anyway because I've a feeling my friends will want to see them (unless someone else I actually want to see is on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm on ACC weather right now apparently the weather is going to be fantastic on the Friday, but snow on Saturday :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best to arrive on Friday then and batten down the hatches, or alternatively find yourself a lock in for the Saturday, preferably back stage once Kathy davey comes off ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sun structures

Jungle, temples, Sinead o'connor, Beck and rave in the woods. For 159 euro you can't go wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Haven't they been mostly inactive for years? Personally I'm really hyped to see em, and they better be playing in one of the tents - not the kinda thing that would go down well on the Main Stage (like MBV that year)

Irish festivals could learn a lot from Primavera's lineup alright though. EP in particular is lacking a certain edge, it needs more acts like Sun Ra Akestra, Follakzoid, Kendrick Lamar and GY!BE etc. not crap like James Vincent McMorrow and poxy Hozier that others festivals already featured.

Yeah they've been inactive for like 20 years! They're still one of the most iconic shoegaze bands of all time so I would have thought they'd get a decent reception - I suppose time will tell. Hopefully they're not on the main stage anyway it would ruin the experience IMO.

Agree in that there are some very mediocre acts, not fond of JV McMorrow at all, Hozier is tight but still I wouldn't prioritize him over anyone. About 10 acts I really, really want to see and the rest I'll spend exploring new avenues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

I have to say that my EP playlist has improved 100% this evening. Some good additions today and a few gems throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

daftest comment in this thread IMHO (and a little misogynistic even)... even dafter than the silly unrealistic wishes (did I see BoC requested somewhere back there :).

its a bit like saying ... If it were 1985, I would probably care about Kendrick Lamar*. So many rappers, all doing pretty much the same thing.... I feel silly writing that now and so should you ;)

*should be playing godammit!

I'm glad to see a lot of women making inroads in music recently. I think it's a positive thing. It's just London Grammar in particular remind me a lot of Florence and the Machine. I can see myself ending up at them anyway because I've a feeling my friends will want to see them (unless someone else I actually want to see is on).

I agree. It's definitely a positive thing. They wouldn't be the only band to come out the past few years to remind me of Florence and the Machine.

pmalone wrote: »
    daftest comment in this thread IMHO (and a little misogynistic even)... even dafter than the silly unrealistic wishes (did I see BoC requested somewhere back there :).

its a bit like saying ... If it were 1985, I would probably care about Kendrick Lamar*. So many rappers, all doing pretty much the same thing.... I feel silly writing that now and so should you ;)

*should be playing godammit!

Take from my comment what you will.

Oh noes, the wimmins are fronting bands and its getting popular!!!!

I'm personally in favour of that. Annie Clark is a perfect example of someone doing things that are fresh and interesting and not pedaling tired indie rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Oh, just spotted the additions! SBTRKT had a great album. The awfully named but wonderful sounding **** Robot will be superb. Bombay Bicycle Club are also quite good. Le Galaxie had a great album there a year or two ago, so would enjoy live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

mgkelly wrote: »
    Oh, just spotted the additions! SBTRKT had a great album. The awfully named but wonderful sounding **** Robot will be superb. Bombay Bicycle Club are also quite good. Le Galaxie had a great album there a year or two ago, so would enjoy live.
    I see the word '****' gets taken out by some anti-**** built in robot!!!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement