Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

proudi wrote: »
    Take from my comment what you will.

Thanks for the permission :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

pmalone wrote: »
    Thanks for the permission :)

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

After watching the Glastonbury set, London Grammar are a must see for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wild Beasts!! Absolutely thrilled with that alone.

Was banking on Wye Oak and Perfume Genius so surprised they weren't on but I wont be upset about it.

As for the Saturday night late slot, usually the shift of the DJ/electronic band, my theory is that Chromeo were signed up for it (hence their appearance on that 'leaked' poster on Portishead's Facebook before the actual announcement) but they cancelled late on to do that festival in Chicago the same weekend and that EP have either struggled to replace them or opted to go down a different route with the slot due to a big electronic act not being available/within budget.

Baring in mind, I have no insider info or interest in electronic music, so I dunno who would or wouldn't be big enough to play it. I think it sounds legit though.

But, as I said, WILD BEASTS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I hadn't heard of him until last week and just noticed he's playing picnic, delighted.

Bluesy, punky, swampy rock'n'roll. He's been supporting Jack White. Really looking forward to this one now.

Free download of his new single: http://www.npr.org/2014/07/18/330424429/at-2014s-newport-folk-festival-5-discoveries-to-stretch-folks-limits

Previous single live:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If Other Voices looks like it might throw up some surprises, I would love to see Beck getting up there to sing a couple of songs from Morning Phase or Sea Change, songs that might not be totally suited to a big crowd on the mainstage. Would be all kinds of amazing if he did. He's a folk artist at heart really, I think, despite all the genre criss-crossing he does. Very much looking forward to seeing him anyway, in any setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

proudi wrote: »
    I'm personally in favour of that. Annie Clark is a perfect example of someone doing things that are fresh and interesting and not pedaling tired indie rubbish.

Lowlight of yesterday's announcement for me was no Tuneyards. Bring on the wimmins!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Steroo wrote: »
    Campervan tickets posted out if anyone yet!?

Not yet. It was quite late last year before they arrived so I expect mine to arrive sometime mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Rustie is a great addition IMO. Ultra Thizz is going to be unreal! Glass Swords was one of the best albums of 2011.

Not added yesterday but King Kong Company are another recommended act to see, playing Sunday night.

It really is an impressive lineup after yesterdays announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

But, as I said, WILD BEASTS!!!!

I know! Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Anyone know how many tickets left or if it's close to selling out???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was SBTRKT also on one of the Other Voices seasons, was trying to find the clip or was it live on Under Ether I can't remember, but this looks like the clip here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Steroo wrote: »
    Anyone know how many tickets left or if it's close to selling out???

Jim Carroll's post on the Irish Times yesterday said that his 'sources' said tickets are flying out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Jim Carroll's post on the Irish Times yesterday said that his 'sources' said tickets are flying out for it.

Not saying that it's not true but you'd imagine promoters would say that no matter what to try boost sales. That said, I do think it will sell out before festival weekend!

Anyone know if they increased the capacity this year btw? Tried looking up a planning licence on Laois Co Council site (clearly too much time on my hands) but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Fatfrog wrote: »
    That makes no sense!! Then Longitude is basically EP13 part 2.......!!! ?? Similar genre of festival! So what's ur point?

I'm fairly happy with that announcement!

Longitude 2014 came almost a year after EP 2013.

So...ya know...it's grand watching bands again 11 months on.

4 weeks on the other hand...

That is my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Longitude 2014 came almost a year after EP 2013.

So...ya know...it's grand watching bands again 11 months on.

4 weeks on the other hand...

That is my point.

Longitude and EP aren't even remotely on the same scale though. It's a different experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Longitude and EP aren't even remotely on the same scale though. It's a different experience.

I think that's kind of his point - recycling acts certainly doesn't enforce a different experience.

I think that's kind of his point - recycling acts certainly doesn't enforce a different experience.

It doesn't matter if they're the same acts, there's far more to EP than just the music. Whereas at Longitude..well..there's not a whole lot more imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

With regards tickets I believe they are selling quite well so I certainly wouldn't be leaving it if I was still looking to get mine.

It doesn't matter if they're the same acts, there's far more to EP than just the music. Whereas at Longitude..well..there's not a whole lot more imo.

Ah right, sorry.

Wonder if they'll knock a few quid off the ticket price for me so cause I won't be watching the ****e bands which is what costs them their budget. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah right, sorry.

Wonder if they'll knock a few quid off the ticket price for me so cause I won't be watching the ****e bands which is what costs them their budget. :rolleyes:

Worth a try, send them an email but make sure to include some of that razor sharp wit in it when you do.

Ah right, sorry.

No one's making you buy a ticket to see "****e bands", as you call them. If you really don't like the line-up, don't go. No one is putting a gun to your head. And I don't really see the need to come in and piss on everyone else's fire, frankly. You don't like the line-up. We get it.

No one's making you buy a ticket to see "****e bands", as you call them. If you really don't like the line-up, don't go. No one is putting a gun to your head. And I don't really see the need to come in and piss on everyone else's fire, frankly. You don't like the line-up. We get it.

I wasn't aware you weren't allowed to make comments on the recent announcement if they weren't super positive.

My bad.

BEST LINE UP EVA!!:rolleyes:

I wasn't aware you weren't allowed to make comments on the recent announcement if they weren't super positive.

My bad.

You're allowed but it's completely and utterly pointless. It's not going to make any difference to the line up, you're just looking for a reaction, why don't you get a blog or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My bad.

Ok Mr Jazzzman please give us your preview of why you think this years acts stink, take in merit, integrity, appeal, I want your critical analysis of each and individual act listed on the bill.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

My bad.

You're entitled to whatever opinion you want but frankly, no one cares. Most people here just want to talk about the acts and find out who would be worth seeing. I'm enjoying getting suggestions from people about acts that I wouldn't be all too familiar with. It's one of the best things about the thread. I don't really want to come on here and read irrelevant comments from people who probably won't even go to the festival or if they do, will probably just whinge endlessly about it.

You don't like the line-up. Big whoop. Most people here do like it and are looking forward to the festival and want to talk more about it without the constant, unhelpful interjections about how "****e" it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

So lads is that pretty much it line up wise, ?

So lads is that pretty much it line up wise, ?

I don't see King Kong Company on it and they self confirmed, I know they're only Salty Dog Stage but still, I'd expect a few more dribs and drabs. Nothing major but it's not always the major ones that get people excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Don't feed the troll. He's been sniffing about for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that's not even half the lineup announced so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement