Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I really hope the weather holds. Last year was quite nice, if a little chilly at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I really hope the weather holds. Last year was quite nice, if a little chilly at times.

Splendid day on the Friday with snow promised for the Saturday, according to our resident weather guru Fatfrog.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Splendid day on the Friday with snow promised for the Saturday, according to our resident weather guru Fatfrog.

There has been two great weekends in a row…can it really happen a third time? I hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

From sunny to snowy?? Nooooo! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll. He's been sniffing about for a while now.

Not trying to defend the person but negative/contrarian opinon does not always equal troll.
    I've been to EP twice before and usually enjoy it - but the lineup (for me) is far from impressive and I am still on the fence as to whether I'll slap down what is most definetely gonna be a fair amount of quid for only a handful of bands I'm interested in, other attractions aside.

I think I'm allowed to say that much, can't always be a circlejerk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Couple of tracks on youtube from SBTRKT's upcoming album, due for release in September.
    First 15 seconds of New Dorp. New York are really good but goes bit sh!t after that. Overall not bad.
    Temporary View is ok.

Also, on his website says he's playing on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

that's not even half the lineup announced so far.

Surely that's most of the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Surely that's most of the lineup

This is the line up from last year. http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'm sure there are still lots of smaller and Irish acts to be announced but I'd imagine that was the last announcement that Electric Picnic will make, with Red Bull and Body&Soul still to announce their stages. I'm looking forward to the RBMA line up, not expecting anything massive though, last year they had a few big acts like Ben Klock, Benjamin Damage, Chez Damier and xxxy but after that it was mainly Irish DJs (a lot of great djs nonetheless). Anyone have any predictions/wishes who they will get in this year? Ben Klock is playing in Waterford the weekend before, so not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be announced.. I know a lot of people loved him last year but I wasn't a fan. Don't think they announced it until the week before last year so might be waiting another month before we hear who's playing down in the woods!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm sure there are still lots of smaller and Irish acts to be announced but I'd imagine that was the last announcement that Electric Picnic will make, with Red Bull and Body&Soul still to announce their stages. I'm looking forward to the RBMA line up, not expecting anything massive though, last year they had a few big acts like Ben Klock, Benjamin Damage, Chez Damier and xxxy but after that it was mainly Irish DJs (a lot of great djs nonetheless). Anyone have any predictions/wishes who they will get in this year? Ben Klock is playing in Waterford the weekend before, so not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be announced.. I know a lot of people loved him last year but I wasn't a fan. Don't think they announced it until the week before last year so might be waiting another month before we hear who's playing down in the woods!

Wouldn't mind seeing Nina Kravis again or Joy Orbison and Nathan Fake too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Any chance of getting a Sunday ticket at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

K4t wrote: »
    Any chance of getting a Sunday ticket at this stage?

Sold out weeks ago I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone have any predictions/wishes who they will get in this year? Ben Klock is playing in Waterford the weekend before, so not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be announced.. I know a lot of people loved him last year but I wasn't a fan. Don't think they announced it until the week before last year so might be waiting another month before we hear who's playing down in the woods!

if i could get 1 or 2 of: Jacques Greene, Octave One, Omar-S, Jackmaster, Galcher Lustwerk, Scratch Perverts, Ben UFO, DJ EZ, Shadow Child, T.Williams, Carl Craig, Juan Atkins, Moodymann, George Fitzgerald, Skream, KiNK, Midland, Boddika, Leon Vynehall, Delroy Edwards, Robert Hood...

then that'd do me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ToZanarkand

Ticketmaster is showing no tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ticketmaster is showing no tickets left.

Sometimes happens with TM, might be just a glitch. EP would be announcing almost sold out or sold out if it was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Still showing as no tickets left..very surprised if it is sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I posted this nearly 2 weeks ago, but I'll throw it up again...

My friend runs a Ticketmaster outlet, and he posted a message on Facebook saying it looks like it's going sell out soon, so anyone still planning on getting a ticket would want to do so ASAP.

That was almost 2 weeks ago.

(and he makes little more than feck-all profit on ticket sales, so he really doesn't give a shyt!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Maybe it has sold out? Well if it has...here come the insane ticket prices on donesteal

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Just checked there, it seems to be sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Still saying no tickets left. I sometimes get the feeling TM runs a bit like an ATM and that they've to manually restock some sort of virtual ticket dispensing drawer at certain intervals. If this is still showing sold out after 9 I'd say that's when you can start being worried. Even if it hasn't sold out and they find another 5000 tickets under the couch or whatever you can bet it'll be sold out very very soon. This is the last payday before the week of the festival. If people are picking up tickets it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Still no Young Fathers on the lineup, so hopefully they'll be one of the B&S annoucements. Can see that going down very well at night in there.

Really enjoyed Ben Klock last year in the RBMA, can imagine they'll opt for something along those lines again this year, it was rammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sorry lads what's rbma?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

D.Q wrote: »
    Sorry lads what's rbma?
    Red Bull Music Academy, essentially 'Da Rave In Da Woods'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Past 9 O' clock and still no tickets available! Maybe it took them by surprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Two EP tickets for sale - €700

Joke :) - If they did sell out then its a real sign that they should look to increase capacity next year. Hopefully there are a few yet to be released, as I know some good people who were waiting for Payday to buy.

Its also showing that there is a real demand for fesitival's and another major festival would be a success if done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,763 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In terms of the line up "debate", all I can say is that the original line up (pre-latest announcement) was above average.. but I am over the moon with the additions.

The biggest problem I will have this year is scheduling them all in.

Can't fooking wait :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

back onsale now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

being paid on the last working day of every month sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

It's not sold out!! Just purchased 2 wknd tickets on ticketmaster at 12.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Marseyred wrote: »
    It's not sold out!! Just purchased 2 wknd tickets on ticketmaster at 12.30pm

Welcome to the club, you will not regret.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement