Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just putting a wicked fantasy thought out there but imagine of Body & Soul pulled a whopper and booked Aphex Twin to headline the Saturday night at the main stage, it would be absolutely unreal, I suppose the entire capacity of the B&S village could accommodate 10,000 people, so could happen but won't.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Seems like all the Sunday day tickets are gone unfortunately..couldn't stick two or more days at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Just putting a wicked fantasy thought out there but imagine of Body & Soul pulled a whopper and booked Aphex Twin to headline the Saturday night at the main stage, it would be absolutely unreal, I suppose the entire capacity of the B&S village could accommodate 10,000 people, so could happen but won't.

Is he even touring or playing though? There's been nothing out of the rephlex crowd for a while now. I'm starting to think that glasto was a once off and something he wasn't too keen about judging by the setlist and how he came on an hour earlier than scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

K4t wrote: »
    Seems like all the Sunday day tickets are gone unfortunately..couldn't stick two or more days at a festival.

You have no place here on this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Still no Young Fathers on the lineup, so hopefully they'll be one of the B&S annoucements. Can see that going down very well at night in there.

Hmmmm .. Young Fathers are on my EP playlist.. where did i get this from .. I am sure someone announced them at some point... ?

• Advertisement

pmalone wrote: »
    Hmmmm .. Young Fathers are on my EP playlist.. where did i get this from .. I am sure someone announced them at some point... ?

self confirmed on their website

Niall, stop with your wicked fantasies .. :) ... I heard also that Boards of Canada are playing B&S stage on the monday morning at 10am ;) followed by Jai Paul who will launch his debut album at that point giving away signed copies of the vinyl addition.

Oh yes... ;)

Is he even touring or playing though? There's been nothing out of the rephlex crowd for a while now. I'm starting to think that glasto was a once off and something he wasn't too keen about judging by the setlist and how he came on an hour earlier than scheduled.

They never say much Rephlex nor Warp for that matter, but this stickied thread from WATMM (Aphex Twin Forum) called 'New Sh1t is Imminent' sprung up on July 3rd where the Moderator Joyrex had actually spoke to Richard, so maybe some new Tuss or Aphex Twin material, he will want to tour that stuff at some point, as I said before though, just a fantasy thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They never say much Rephlex nor Warp for that matter, but this stickied thread from WATMM (Aphex Twin Forum) called 'New Sh1t is Imminent' sprung up on July 3rd where the Moderator Joyrex had actually spoke to Richard, so maybe some new Tuss or Aphex Twin material, he will want to tour that stuff at some point, as I said before though, just a fantasy thought.

That thread...:eek:

• Advertisement

They never say much Rephlex nor Warp for that matter, but this stickied thread from WATMM (Aphex Twin Forum) called 'New Sh1t is Imminent' sprung up on July 3rd where the Moderator Joyrex had actually spoke to Richard....

I had read that to mean that he had almost gotten over a bout of constipation. Guess I misunderstood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Anyone else think that all this "sold out" business is just to make people rush out and buy tickets for fear they won't get any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I just bought one there. So I don't know how it's sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Toast wrote: »
    Still saying no tickets left. I sometimes get the feeling TM runs a bit like an ATM and that they've to manually restock some sort of virtual ticket dispensing drawer at certain intervals. If this is still showing sold out after 9 I'd say that's when you can start being worried. Even if it hasn't sold out and they find another 5000 tickets under the couch or whatever you can bet it'll be sold out very very soon. This is the last payday before the week of the festival. If people are picking up tickets it is now.

Apparently for these events with a large amount of tickets they only put a certain amount of tickets available online at any given time, and they just have to re-add the tickets when they run out. It's probably some kind of limitation with the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Absolutely zero chance of it selling out.

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Absolutely zero chance of it selling out.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Mince Pie wrote: »
    LOL

You could already see the panic in some people when tickets were u/a for a short while.

Some will feel pressurised into purchasing tickets when they needn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Ja-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-man.

You could already see the panic in some people when tickets were u/a for a short while.

Surely they are the signs of it selling out pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

so people panicked when they were unavailable showing there is still plenty of people out there that haven't bought that will be. There's also plenty that have already been bought.

I'd be surprised if it sold out this quick but it will sell out and your negative bull**** won't change that. Enjoy your weekend doing nothing when we're having the time of our lives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

What makes a person become a troll? What drives it?

There should be a new psychological study done on this developing trend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Le Galaxie are on Sunday again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They're advertising it like crazy and it's still not sold out so ticket sales must be fairly poor.
    Can't see it selling out anytime soon at €235 euro a pop.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, like last year....

I'd be surprised if it sold out before the last week of August. Did they not increase capacity by 5000? This coupled with the lack of big mainstream names makes it unlikely. I can't see a lot of people paying 230 to see Portishead but for the likes of AM or Fatboy Slim then it makes sense.

I'd be surprised if it sold out before the last week of August. Did they not increase capacity by 5000? This coupled with the lack of big mainstream names makes it unlikely. I can't see a lot of people paying 230 to see Portishead but for the likes of AM or Fatboy Slim then it makes sense.

Last party of the summer and all that. There is still a few of the electronic stages to be announced plus the body & soul Village line up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well the fact Sunday tickets are sold out already in advance is a sign . Plus if the weather stays like this for the next few weeks then there will be people picking up tickets . Like with Longitude the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lineup isn't a big factor.
    last year was the first year it sold out since 2008. plenty of the lineups in those years in-between were as strong and didn't sell out.

the reason last year was €150 tickets.
    this year there was months of €150 tickets, so will sell out again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I thought after Glasto that I'd be all festivaled out of it so didn't jump on the cheap tickets unfortunately.

After the National finished last week I realised i'd nothing to look forward to for the rest of the summer so had to get a ticket!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement