Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

In the context of your contribution to the thread, I don't value it too highly.

Edit: actually, I was confusing you with Jazzman, so apologies to you :)

Well if you're going to be like that about it then apologies to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

The Horrors have canceled all US and European tour dates. That's a pity

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah the oul "Oxegen type acts" debate again . Sure there are loads of bands that can crossover between both festivals like The National , Elbow , Vampire Weekend , The Horrors , Arcade Fire , Groove Armada , Basement Jaxx Fat Boy Slim etc.

Who cares really if bands play both festivals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Who cares really if bands play both festivals?

Gob****es care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

The Horrors are definitely out?! ****e...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in pink moon before? If so, is it cool to take alcohol out of the camp as like the general camp site?

Cheers

It's just a camp site with amenities, it's not a nunnery, go forth and get gee eyed my child!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

MattD wrote: »
    The Horrors are definitely out?! ****e...

Yeah they are back touring in late September in the UK , no good to us ,as they all say unforeseen circumstances beyond our control

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would like to see Daniel Avery at the Red Bull Stage, also James Holden would be good there too. Having scanned the Electric Zoo line up in the US I can safely say that Daniel Avery, James Holden or Jon Hopkins have not been snapped up by EZ YET! Anyway this is a good check list of electronic acts definitely ruled out of the Picnic. http://www.thespacelab.tv/spaceLAB/theSHOW/MusicFestivals/Electric-Zoo-2014-Lineup-Tickets-Dates-Video-News-Rumors-App.html#lineup

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

twin shadow sound gud!! :) thnx furiousred not mad on white denim tho

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Can certain people please, stop the whiiiiiiiiiinnnging!!! It's really getting tiresome.

The Electric Picnic is the most magical and special and beautiful place in this country.

It is incredible. The people are all amazing, it's like all the soundest, most loveliest people in Ireland all come together in a big field in Stradbally for the best weekend of the year. All kinds of different people, but every single one is all kinds of wonderful.

There's a mad diversity of music, from the tiniest little stage in a corner that you wander into randomly and have no idea who's playing but have the best time, to the biggest headliners with an insane atmosphere, it doesn't matter. The music is always amazing, but it's the people that make it.

The line up this year is excellent, and I can't wait. So, internet forum, blah blah blah. Shup. Electric F*cking Picnic. It's f*cking beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sounds like I hit the mark there anyway.

Sounds you're a big fan of tween music so. Maybe McBusted would be more your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Bored alone time has resulted in me doing this:

Last year, all main arena acts (MS, EA, RW, CS, LBT) added up to 95 acts, give or take bad counting or double appearances. That counts there only being like 8 acts playing the main arena on the Friday.

So far the acts announced, omitting Casa Bacardi and Trenchtown guys, adds up to 73... So even if they were to do the pared back Friday again, there still stands to be a good few acts to be announced.

There's usually another LBT announcement I know, but there's already a good few acts announced that you'd expect to be playing that stage like James Murphy and Rustie, so to bring the numbers up there still might be some more to come.

I'm suspicious at the lack of Adebisi Shank so far, so I'd love to see them added...

I need a hobby...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

The latest Horrors tweet:

"Just to clarify everything, the Mexico, U.S and Euro dates we're playing are:

11th Oct - Corona Capital
    13th Oct – Solana Beach, CA
    14th Oct – Santa Ana, CA
    15th Oct – Los Angeles, CA
    16th Oct – San Francisco, CA
    18th Oct – Seattle
    19th Oct – Vancouver

There will be information regarding the rescheduled N.Y/Brooklyn show on Monday.

The Euro dates are as follows:

20th Nov - Paris - Cabaret Sauvage
    21st Nov - Rennes - Antipode
    22nd Nov - Reims - La Cartonnerie
    24th Nov - Leuven - Het Depot
    25th Nov - Cologne - Underground
    27th Nov - Amsterdam - Melkweg
    28th Nov - Hamburg - Uebel & Gefahrlich
    29th Nov - Berlin - C-Club
    30th Nov - Munich - Atomic Cafe
    2nd Dec - Rome - Circolo Degli Artisti
    3rd Dec - Ravenna - Bronson
    5th Dec - Barcelona - Razzmatazz 2
    6th Dec - Madrid - Joy Eslava

The UK tour and festivals will NOT be affected.

The Horrors x"

Last line suggests they'll still be playing the Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, just looked at their fb, they said they're changing dates on the tour in a few months:
    Dear friends, family, supporters, deadly sworn enemies and others

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we have had to reshuffle our US and European tours at the end of this year. We can only apologise to anyone who already has tickets to the dates affected - we hate cancelling shows but this situation was unavoidable. We’ll be back on the road next year and make sure we return to all the places we missed on this run.

The Horrors x

EP is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Sounds you're a big fan of tween music so. Maybe McBusted would be more your bag.

Ooh do you know when they're playing next? I hope they get announced for EP :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ooh do you know when they're playing next? I hope they get announced for EP :D

Heard from a very reliable source Portishead are subbing McBusted

Just looking at Daniel Avery's live schedule, he's down for Ibiza in the 31st that wouldn't rule him out for the 30th or 29th August, Ibiza is surely flying enough distance from Ireland eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eimear811

Apologies if this has been asked already. Is it possible to get a day ticket for Saturday? There's only day tickets for Sunday on ticketmaster which seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Eimear811 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already. Is it possible to get a day ticket for Saturday? There's only day tickets for Sunday on ticketmaster which seems a bit strange.

There's only ever day tickets available for the Sunday only and they have been sold out for ages now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

No, I'm afraid it's not possible. Sunday is the only day sold as a separate day ticket, and as far I know, it has always been that way. I think the Sunday day tickets are sold out though.

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    There's only ever day tickets available for the Sunday only and they have been sold out for ages now.

Booooo. Why so? (The Sunday thing I mean, not the sold out part)

The only way that would work Eimear is that you and two other mates split in for the weekend ticket, one goes for the Friday, you go the Saturday and your other friend the Sunday, but that will probably not happen anyway, but just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Booooo. Why so? (The Sunday thing I mean, not the sold out part)

I thought that'd be obvious no?

It's a 3 day festival. It'd be nightmare making sure day trippers for Friday or Saturday actually went home and didn't accidentally or purpose find their way into the campsite by mistake.

The only way that would work Eimear is that you and two other mates split in for the weekend ticket, one goes for the Friday, you go the Saturday and your other friend the Sunday, but that will probably not happen anyway, but just an idea.

You can't exchange the wristband though - technically.

Yeah.. I do recall that at Oxegen (many moons ago), there was security at the entrance to the campsite checking wristbands. EP's method is probably better logistically though. Bit lousy on people who can only manage a Friday or Saturday but that's life I suppose.

That's not a bad idea bodhrandude, I'll ask around, thanks!

Yeah.. I do recall that at Oxegen (many moons ago), there was security at the entrance to the campsite checking wristbands. EP's method is probably better logistically though. Bit lousy on people who can only manage a Friday or Saturday but that's life I suppose.

That's not a bad idea bodhrandude, I'll ask around, thanks!

With regards the buying the weekend ticket and exchanging the wristband, just be very aware there is a risk involved with it. The security at Longitude were checking the wristbands to make sure they were tight so they couldn't be exchanged. The same security will be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That sounds like the most terrible horrible dreadful idea in the history of really bad ideas.

That sounds like the most terrible horrible dreadful idea in the history of really bad ideas.

WELL if theres only weekend tickets left well thats all you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Even better idea, why don't you get a mate to buy a full weekend ticket, get one for yourself, then go have an epic weekend!!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

WELL if theres only weekend tickets left well thats all you can do!

Dude, come on, you've been going to festivals enough to know that it comes with a massive risk exchanging wristbands and thats even if you can wriggle them off in the first place.
    As I said earlier, security were checking to make sure they were on tight at Longitude and it will be the same security at EP. Its a fair few bob to be risking.
    Fatfrogs idea is much better. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement