Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looks like Vampire Weekend are playing Reading & Leeds the week before EP. could see them headlining EP given that they headlined Longitude last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Prodigy are playing The Marquee in Cork the first week of July, they won't play EP

Why? Cork is only one part of Ireland, what about shows for people from other counties, they fit the old school rock techno act with a fairly big back catalogue of albums and hits that would go down a treat on Saturday night, I hope they don't book Disclosure again anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

looks like Vampire Weekend are playing Reading & Leeds the week before EP. could see them headlining EP given that they headlined Longitude last year...

Id say they will sub at EP if they play imo . Would be a good booking though
    Why? Cork is only one part of Ireland, what about shows for people from other counties, they fit the old school rock techno act with a fairly big back catalogue of albums and hits that would go down a treat on Saturday night, I hope they don't book Disclosure again anyway.

Disclosure are already playe Longitude so that counts them out .

So if they go down a similar type of headliners like last year big dance act(FBS) , Typical EP/Alternative act (Bjork) and rock/indie headliner (AM):

Dance:

Basement Jaxx
    Prodigy
    Outkast(I know they are R&B/hip hop)

EP/Alternative

Portishead
    Beck

Rock/Indie

Queens of the Stone Age
    Kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Pretty good summary there. Could be bang on with that, or then again could have none of em! But they all playing festivals this year anyways which a good sign. Would really love Pet Shop Boys personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I love this time of the year. Wondering and worrying about who's gonna be announced, and not quite ready to admit that I'll miss every single one of them. The rave in the woods is where it's at. I haven't seen a guitar since 2006!

By the way, I've just looked back over the line-ups from 2005-2007. Those were the days. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Hmmmmm interesting
    Nile Rodgers Website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Almost certain chic played bestival last year but didn't play ep.
    Would be so so good if they played again, that tent a few years ago for them was epic

they're playing this year too.

if they played EP last year I could sort of understand some sort of mix up, but seemingly Stradbally has come from nowhere, so presumably someone messed up somewhere and EP is on their tour schedule....

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any hope of seeing Digitilism on the line up?
    Yes, along with Boys Noize, Vitalic, SebastiAn and Dr. Lektroluv.

We're pretending it's 2007 again, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Rfrip wrote: »
    Almost certain chic played bestival last year but didn't play ep.
    Would be so so good if they played again, that tent a few years ago for them was epic

Chic played Forbidden Fruit last year... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yes, along with Boys Noize, Vitalic, SebastiAn and Dr. Lektroluv.

We're pretending it's 2007 again, right?

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Few bands I'd like to see at ep;

The frames
    Vampire weekend
    Ocean colour scene
    Chic
    Villagers
    Duckworth lewis
    Caro emerald
    Chemical brothers
    Faithless
    John grant
    Air
    Polyphonic spree
    Animal liberation orchestra
    Sigur ros
    Groove armada

Not a hope of some but sure one can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Portishead, Outkast, Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Mac Demarco, Panda Bear, Babyshambles, SBTRKT, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, James Blake, Tame Impala.

Any of those would be good. I can definitely see Portishead & Outkast being on the lineup anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jackmca1

i would be leaping with

Outkast
    Peace
    Chic
    Villagers
    Tame Impala
    Beady Eye
    Palma Violets
    Paolo Nutini
    Morrissey
    Damon Albarn

The silence from EP is excruciating, what do you reckon do you think EP will announce maybe Next Monday now that FF is announcing tomorrow and the following day, Life announces again tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jackmca1

i heard it will be announced on the 18th but I'm now thinking end of march/start of april

Oh I forgot ed sharpe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The silence from EP is excruciating, what do you reckon do you think EP will announce maybe Next Monday now that FF is announcing tomorrow and the following day, Life announces again tomorrow too.

Since last year I've given up wasting energy thinking about then EP will announce anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rfrip wrote: »
    Almost certain chic played bestival last year

They sure did I was there. Their set was just before Elton John on the main stage Sunday night

oh i hope it aint going on sale around the beginning of april ive a glasto balance to be payin

• Advertisement

Life announces again tomorrow too.
    is it tomorrow or the 16th as you said in the other thread?

is it tomorrow or the 16th as you said in the other thread?

I got it mixed up earlier next announcement for Life is on 16th March next Sunday.

Judging by the EP facebook page they should rename the festival VERY soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

http://www.goldenplec.com/possible-electric-picnic-line-leaked/

Ok ok, don't get too excited, as this could well be a big fat fake. But if was true it would be a brilliant line up. So much to be excited about there. Although I think a few of those acts might have been announced for other festivals in Ireland this summer (I'm on my phone so not arsed checking now but some of you will know) which would probably mean it's a big evil fraud.

Something to whet the appetite anyway, but we'll just have to keeeeeeeep waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bootsy. wrote: »

Ok ok, don't get too excited, as this could well be a big fat fake. But if was true it would be a brilliant line up. So much to be excited about there. Although I think a few of those acts might have been announced for other festivals in Ireland this summer (I'm on my phone so not arsed checking now but some of you will know) which would probably mean it's a big evil fraud.

Something to whet the appetite anyway, but we'll just have to keeeeeeeep waiting!

Meh. Out of the top acts, definitely Beck and out of the 'would be nice to see' factor Outkast would be the only ones I'd be excited about there. Sick of seeing Chvrches every ****ing where too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Bootsy. wrote: »

Nothing brilliant about that (apart from Portishead) IMO. That might be a genuine leak, it really does stink of a typical EP Line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Outkast, Beck, QOTSA, Damon Albarn, Despacio (aka James Murphy with 2 Many DJs and a crazy soundsystem that he designed!), Haim, The Preatures, Caribou, Electric Wizard, Wilco Johnson, Red Fang, Todd Terj, and the Daptone Super Soul Revue would all have me excited anyway, here's hoping for at least some of them. Or all of them!

I'll be there one way or another, this'll be 11 out of 11 Picnics for me, can't wait to get back!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If that is the line up then they can take my money right now ha .
    Queens , Outkast , Beck , Damon Albarn , Flume , Royal Blood , Hozier , Kelis , George Ezra , The Minutes , Hot Sprockets , Red Fang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

If Portishead play, I'm there.

I'd take this lineup with a pinch of salt though, I don't think they've ever released as many acts in one go. Chic are missing from it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

that lineup beats last years for me by far! here's hoping to some truth to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement