Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Harvest was definitely better from last year.

Harvest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Harvest?

Tomorrow's Harvest, Boards of Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

London Grammar would be a great one to see on the Friday to kick of the weekend, she's impressive..great vibe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heineken Sound Atlas are going to be at EP
    WE'RE UNEARTHING THE MOST EXCITING MUSIC SCENES FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND BRINGING THEM TO YOU.
    BROOKLYN IS COMING

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Heineken Sound Atlas are going to be at EP

What a load of shíte. Had a quick look at it at Longitude. Meh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mince Pie wrote: »
    What a load of shíte. Had a quick look at it at Longitude. Meh!

What was it ?

What was it ?

Just a fancy bar really, with a blackboard bit and a dj bit and a bit of seating on a platform. Hardly a rock your socks, hang onto your pants area. The bacardi bar is nicer.

Bs_akAQIMAAzQEs.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Would it be frowned upon to look for Tour De Picnic donations here? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Is that the same as the the bar there last year, just a bar, few seats, dance area and dj....nothing special but so handy to rest the aul weary body when passing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yes but people are denying that they make minimal altogether. Saying I'm clueless for even suggesting it, then there's backtracking.

Wikipedia (accurately) describes Minimal techno as
    Minimal techno is a minimalist sub-genre of techno. It is characterized by a stripped-down aesthetic that exploits the use of repetition, and understated development.

I cannot think of a single Moderat song that this applies to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Just a fancy bar really, with a blackboard bit and a dj bit and a bit of seating on a platform. Hardly a rock your socks, hang onto your pants area. The bacardi bar is nicer.

should we start a petition to get it removed so?

garrkell wrote: »
    should we start a petition to get it removed so?

If I was looking to start a petition to get anything removed it would be the Pet Shop Boys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

;)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    ;)

That of course is from last year :) if it made you panic it's probably time to buy your ticket!

If I was looking to start a petition to get anything removed it would be the Pet Shop Boys. :D

Looking forward to the "spoons in the wood"

Looking forward to the "spoons in the wood"

That sounds rude. Lol. Will have to get an array of spoons for a mega spoon sess! Maybe someone will bring a harmonica! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The beer situation in the arena... Will it just be Heineken? Or can we expect some other Heineken products (Paulaner, Tiger, etc.)? And will there be a stout? Obviously nobody knows for sure, but what was the situation last year?

I assumed there'd be a few options but the Marley Park gigs I was at this year had Heineken or white wine and nothing else which is pretty poor IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Ya I think they'd Heineken, Paulaner and Tiger alright. Don't think they had stout but could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The beer situation in the arena... Will it just be Heineken? Or can we expect some other Heineken products (Paulaner, Tiger, etc.)? And will there be a stout? Obviously nobody knows for sure, but what was the situation last year?

I assumed there'd be a few options but the Marley Park gigs I was at this year had Heineken or white wine and nothing else which is pretty poor IMO.

They had Murphys in that "VIP" bar beside the main stage the year before last (I can't remember if it was there last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Ya I think they'd Heineken, Paulaner and Tiger alright. Don't think they had stout but could be wrong.

And wine and prosecco!

• Advertisement

They had Murphys in that "VIP" bar beside the main stage the year before last (I can't remember if it was there last year).

Murphy's!! They sure know how to treat the VIP's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My kingdom for a festival sponsored by Carlsberg...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Tomorrow's Harvest, Boards of Canada.

was thinking it might've been that, phenomenal album!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Capacity upped to 41,000! link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

only an increase of 6000 tbf

hope they expand the campsites, too cramped last year with the sellout.

There was tiger as well at longitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Jaysus…I think an extra 6,000 people is a lot!

There was tiger as well at longitude.

Defo Tiger and pretty sure there was Paulaner also. As far as I remember the heino was €6 & the other two were €6.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Defo Tiger and pretty sure there was Paulaner also. As far as I remember the heino was €6 & the other two were €6.5.

They're saucy enough prices!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

sadie06 wrote: »
    Jaysus…I think an extra 6,000 people is a lot!

it is a lot more .. i hate to moan (honestly), but...

Firstly I don't honestly think that the site can comfortably take this increase, it can get crowded enough at times as is. Popular acts in tents will be a "come early or be disappointed" situation.

Secondly, that's potentially a lot more money for the organisers, which certainly has not been reflected in the lineup (poor show indeed).

Thirdly, expect longer queues getting into the main arena, toilets, bars, etc..

A 17% increase. Are we to expect a cut back Friday again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement