Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

it is a lot more .. i hate to moan (honestly), but...

Firstly I don't honestly think that the site can comfortably take this increase, it can get crowded enough at times as is. Popular acts in tents will be a "come early or be disappointed" situation.

Secondly, that's potentially a lot more money for the organisers, which certainly has not been reflected in the lineup (poor show indeed).

Thirdly, expect longer queues getting into the main arena, toilets, bars, etc..

A 17% increase. Are we to expect a cut back Friday again?
    Run!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sadie06 wrote: »
    Jaysus…I think an extra 6,000 people is a lot!

I know ticket master sometimes goes on the blink for a few hours and says there aren't any tickets left "while they reload virtual tickets", Could it be they've sold the 35k tickets already, and are now into the 6k (Unlikely but sure don't let fact get in the way of a good boards post!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Run!

ah its not always what you say , but how you say it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Updated:

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun

Could this mean we'll get a full Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Temples and Dublin/Donegal are bound to clash. That'd be typical.

And before you do, don't abuse me about wanting to watch sport at a music festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Hey - Has anybody any experience of the Pink Moon campsite? Do they allow you to bring drink out like they do in the normal Campsite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Temples and Dublin/Donegal are bound to clash. That'd be typical.

And before you do, don't abuse me about wanting to watch sport at a music festival.

Without that second sentence there you were in for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Looking at that breakdown, Friday looks good with Beck, Foals and Wild Beasts (if they're confirmed), though if it is a full selection Friday, I can totally see Wild Beasts and Foals clashing. Or Foals headlining the second stage as Beck is on the main one...

Saturday with Portishead, Metronomy, Paulo Nutini (is that a faux pas here?) looks like a decent start too, and then Sunday with Jungle, Temples, Glass Animals, Asgeir and Stephen Malkmus is a great selection. If we can add St Vincent into Saturday to bulk it up a bit, and maybe London Grammar and Vancouver Sleep Clinic Im happy with that.

If I can catch 4 bands Friday and 6 each Saturday and Sunday Im usually happy with that, though the more the merrier. I can see some horrible clashes on the horizon, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I know ticket master sometimes goes on the blink for a few hours and says there aren't any tickets left "while they reload virtual tickets", Could it be they've sold the 35k tickets already, and are now into the 6k (Unlikely but sure don't let fact get in the way of a good boards post!!)
    no, the licence for 41,000 would have been submitted a few months ago.

sorry :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PadraigOK wrote: »

Could this mean we'll get a full Friday?
    doubt it, probably just the usual case of sticking down the first date of the festival starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

no, the licence for 41,000 would have been submitted a few months ago.

At least 10 weeks prior to the event. #thingswevelearnedfromgarthbrooks

I just hope they don't go for 5 days in a row and get cancelled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

sbtrkt on the Saturday, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

With an extra 6000 people I really hope they expand things. They'll have to. Last year was tight on the campsites. I got there Friday afternoon and it took ages to find a decent spot, usually no bother at that time. Man, I really hate getting up early on Friday morning!

And there are not too many acts that I'll be willing to squeeze into an over-packed, bursting-at-the-seams arena for.

Still, it'll be loads more bags of cash for someone though, so us peasants will just have to put up and shut up, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

With the extra 6k plus the day trippers Sunday is going to be way too jammers

Sunday day tickets were definitely reduced massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ReezyD

First time going to EP, any idea on what security is like going in? Do they go through your stuff etc?

ReezyD wrote: »
    First time going to EP, any idea on what security is like going in? Do they go through your stuff etc?

Yes. Well, on your first trip in they most definitely will anyway.
    Few pat downs etc.
    To be fair it's not the most strict security in the world and unless you're a dodgy looking character you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ReezyD wrote: »

A general pat down, they may open your rucksack and ask you are you carrying glass or aerosol cans..just obey some basic rules and be courteous and everyone will be fine.
    Or of course as many a time for me, just a quick feel of the bags and waved through.

It's the checks getting into the actual arena you'd want to prepare for...sometimes they can be thorough and as a result the queues can be lengthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sometimes they go through bags. Never happened to me though. If you look on the website there is a list of stuff you can't bring, glass bottles being the only one that might cause an issue.

• Advertisement

and flares..if you're into that kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I was with Tour de Picnic last year so I've no experience with the main entrance either, this'll be a first for me. How far is the entrance from the Oscar Wilde camp? I liked it there last year, might camp there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I've seen people blaring tunes in the campsite yet sound systems are supposedly banned?

I was with Tour de Picnic last year so I've no experience with the main entrance either, this'll be a first for me. How far is the entrance from the Oscar Wilde camp? I liked it there last year, might camp there again.

Very, it's the closest one to the main entrance I'm pretty sure!
    I've seen people blaring tunes in the campsite yet sound systems are supposedly banned?

Didn't know they were banned? Never seen anyone with anything beyond a small speaker set connected to an ipod to tell the truth though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/prohibiteditems

That's what I'm going off. There was a fella last year in Hendrix who had a pretty big speaker system. Granted he kept the volume down but still find it surprising he got it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/prohibiteditems

That's what I'm going off. There was a fella last year in Hendrix who had a pretty big speaker system. Granted he kept the volume down but still find it surprising he got it through.

They mean sound systems as in PA's..... We used to bring one every year a throw a party in the car park, after the music in the arena finished.

They used to be great fun but I can fully understand why the organisers don't like them. I'm sure other people brought rigs too...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sure my cousins got in a little camping stove in no bother aswell . They were'nt checked bringing it in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So I wonder if they actually sold out of the 35,000 capacity and thats why they have added a further 6,000 tickets, I reckon they will have to throw another few names now on the bill to sell that lot.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jesus, did I offend your delicate sensitivities by pointing out the acts you're looking forward to are also popular with 5 year olds and grannies?
    Did your boyfriend propose to you during a Paolo Nutini concert or something?
    Make a decent, relevant contribution or **** off.

Clean Bandit are a one hit wonder - they have one hit. It's not rocket science. You have to laugh at these people so obsessed with the "saturday night dance slot" that they're putting acts completely out of their depth just to keep the trend going.
    I've no problem with Clean Bandit, but pretending they're headliners is just ridiculous.

Hi again,

when did I ever say I was looking forward to any acts? , would you like to quote me on that?

You go on about 5 year olds and grannies and then make the most childish statement about my boyfriend proposing to me?

When did I mention anything about clean bandit?... I just think you're funny because you're the biggest melodramatic, music-obsessed ponce I've ever came across in my whole life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Not far at all, main entrance is directly beside Hendrix/Warhol. Not sure where they split to be honest, and then Oscar Wilde is just a quick walk through the forest then. Bout 5 mins.

I actually couldn't get over how close everything was at EP considering the last festival I was at before that was Oxegen. Even 6 years on the memories of the trek lives on!

Doing the Tour this year, just wondering what's to be expected on arrival!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement