Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

byrneg28 wrote: »
    When did I mention anything about clean bandit?... I just think you're funny because you're the biggest melodramatic, music-obsessed ponce I've ever came across in my whole life.

I was making a point about clean bandit not being in anyway a potential Saturday night headliner (they're not, and anyone with any sense can see that) when you decided to stick your beak in and interrupt with your stupid jokes, so you can see why I may have assumed that. Obviously I was wrong, you have no interest in the festival and just wanted to act like a condescending asshole. Don't reply again, I won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So I wonder if they actually sold out of the 35,000 capacity and thats why they have added a further 6,000 tickets, I reckon they will have to throw another few names now on the bill to sell that lot.
    no, the licence was submitted for 41,000.

even if that wasn't the case, if they could sell 35k tickets with the current lineup, they'd have no reason to add acts as getting another 6k would be easily do-able without adding any more (other than the usual B&S, RBMA, Salty Dog etc.)
    that's ignoring that pretty much any moderately known band will have been booked months ago. the vast majority of little-known Irish bands have been booked at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Hi again,

when did I ever say I was looking forward to any acts? , would you like to quote me on that?

You go on about 5 year olds and grannies and then make the most childish statement about my boyfriend proposing to me?

When did I mention anything about clean bandit?... I just think you're funny because you're the biggest melodramatic, music-obsessed ponce I've ever came across in my whole life.
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    I was making a point about clean bandit not being in anyway a potential Saturday night headliner (they're not, and anyone with any sense can see that) when you decided to stick your beak in and interrupt with your stupid jokes, so you can see why I may have assumed that. Obviously I was wrong, you have no interest in the festival and just wanted to act like a condescending asshole. Don't reply again, I won't be.

MOD:
    The site-wide rule is to attack the post and not the poster. Ye are both just bickering and it's painful for everyone else in the forum to witness. Stop it now or I will issue infractions.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

So will Jagwar Ma be added. Surely themselves and Temples can't do anything separately? They are also free that weekend, in schedule terms...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

On the Record has Body & Soul line-up - Tune-Yards, Perfume Genius, Sleep Thieves, Young Fathers, Francois & the Atlas Mountains etc

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/07/30/behold-the-body-soul-acts-for-electric-picnic-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone who was expecting Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip :(

10435592_10152184561651924_3115526783956287758_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Tune yards, perfume genius, meltybrains?, girl band!

Deadly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

On the Record has Body & Soul line-up - Tune-Yards, Perfume Genius, Sleep Thieves, Young Fathers, Francois & the Atlas Mountains etc

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/07/30/behold-the-body-soul-acts-for-electric-picnic-2014/

tUnE-yArDs :D:D:D and Young Fathers (already announced afaik):D:D:D

Great additions ..

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Donal Dineen is the only person I've heard of in that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Not overwhelmed by any means, a few good additions alright but I think with the 20% extra capacity the bar has been raised a bit in terms of expectation.

• Advertisement

The great mystery of 2014 is that these guys are not booked for EP. Looking forward to seeing them this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Early Bird priced tickets (€154.50) are currently available on Ticketmaster with 3+ loyalty code .

Not overwhelmed by any means, a few good additions alright but I think with the 20% extra capacity the bar has been raised a bit in terms of expectation.

I doubt very much that the B&S budget was raised by 20% (17% to be accurate ;))

Can you imagine how packed B&S main stage will be on the late Sunday night this year? Was pretty uncomfortable in there last year. Will be worse this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BananaR wrote: »
    Early Bird priced tickets (€154.50) are currently available on Ticketmaster with 3+ loyalty code .

Tried there and no joy with an unused code. (''We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion'' came up)

Besides Tune-yards and Perfume Genius only recognise some of the Irish acts on that list (Join me in the pines, Meltybrains?, Girl band, Donal Dineen, Sleep Thieves, The Altered Hours). Any of the others worth checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xchancellor

BananaR wrote: »
    Cheers. Worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I'm still holding out hope..pointlessly I know but I believe, I truly believe!

Body & Soul line up

Body&Soul Stage Line Up

tUnE-yArDs --Young Fathers -- Perfume Genius -- Kate Boy -- Francois and The Atlas Mountains -- Oum Shatt -- Lau -- Moodoid -- Glass Animals -- Olof Arnalds -- Alice Boman -- Dermot Byrne, Florian Blancke & Brendan O Regan --
    Join me in the Pines -- I Have A Tribe -- Linkoban -- Jon Gomm -- Meltybrains? -- Tommy KD -- C.R. Avery -- Girl Band -- Altered Hours -- Buffalo Woman -- Donal Dineen – Ronan O Snodaigh & The Occasionals --
    Sounds of a System Breakdown -- InterSkalactic -- Viking Project -- The Careers -- -- Loah – Sleep Thieves -- Grounds For Invasion -- Youth Mass -- Mongoose -- Susan O Neill & The Low Standards -- Arioso -- Grouse

UPSTAGE Line Up

Kowton -- Shanti Celeste -- P Disconaut -- Replete -- o.utlier -- Chris Farrell -- TR-One [live] -Talkboy -- UNKNWN [live] -- Ghosts -- Ryan Vail -- Shane Mannion -- LAKE PEOPLE [live] -- Donal Dineen -- Reid -- Adultrock [live] -- Discotekken -- Gilbert Steele -- Contour -- Sol & Louche -- Richem -- DJKIDCAM -- Mikey Joyride Soro

EarthShip Line Up

Maud In Cahoots -- Ruff Chuff Live Crew -- Come On Live Long -- Leo Moran & Anto Thistletwaite -- The Tav Jam Band -- WOB! -- Joe Fury & The Hayride -- Punch Face Champions -- Willow Sea & Guests -- Aindrais De Staic & The Latchikos -- Attention Bébé -- Stevie G & the Deep South Soul Soundsystem -- The Eskies -- Simi Crowns -- Noelie McDonnell & Band -- EDFT -- i am niamh -- Polyphonic X -- The Amazing Few -- Sinead White -- The Ground Will Shake -- Koukie -- Floor Staff -- Somerville -- Eileen Keane -- Malcolm London -- Symphonic Funk -- Tradiohead -- Mikey and The Scallywags -- Strange Boats -- G.I.R.O -- The Cold Draw -- Louisiana 6 -- Shay Cotter and the New Blues -- Analogue Wave -- In The Willows

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone have, or know how to get one of the loyalty codes? Been well over 3 EP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I can only imagine that the loyalty code tickets are working is a mistake so trying to get a code to use will probably only alert them to the mistake. Loyalty codes were auto-emailed to people back when the Early Bird tickets went on sale or you could get them from Ticketmaster customer care if you mailed them proof you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tune-Yards is a great addition, especially for the Body and Soul stage. She'll get a huge crowd.

• Advertisement

Seen someone on my news feed pick up EP tickets just there yesterday and they have the 154 price tag on them, granted they could have bought from a tout but it looks like they're definitely available in some capacity
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    Tune-Yards is a great addition, especially for the Body and Soul stage. She'll get a huge crowd.

just been listening to them on youtube. definite must see I think.

pmalone wrote: »
    I doubt very much that the B&S budget was raised by 20% (17% to be accurate ;))

Can you imagine how packed B&S main stage will be on the late Sunday night this year? Was pretty uncomfortable in there last year. Will be worse this year.
    maybe they'll widen the perimeter of it?
    there's lots of empty space around it tbf. down where that electricIreland area with the washing machine sculpture part is and a few tacky shops could be shifted over pretty easily.

UPSTAGE Line Up

Kowton -
    TR-One [live] -
    UNKNWN [live] -
    Ryan Vail -
    Donal Dineen -
    Reid -
    Adultrock [live] -
    Discotekken -
    :)

maybe they'll widen the perimeter of it?
    there's lots of empty space around it tbf. down where that electricIreland area with the washing machine sculpture part is and a few tacky shops could be shifted over pretty easily.

I meant just the B&S main stage area on the Sunday night. Its really just that amphitheatre area .. was jammers in there last year for La Galaxie.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Apparently it was an error. Someone rang looking for their loyalty coede and TM said it was finished. I managed to get 2 tickets - happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Anyone have, or know how to get one of the loyalty codes? Been well over 3 EP's.

The Ticketmaster booth in Stephen's Green will give you the loyalty rate even if you don't have a code. Worked for me and several people I know. Obviously that's not much use to those outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Tradiohead :cool:

Ormus wrote: »
    The Ticketmaster booth in Stephen's Green will give you the loyalty rate even if you don't have a code. Worked for me and several people I know. Obviously that's not much use to those outside Dublin.

Most ticketmaster outlets will in fairness to them. It's handy if you have the upfront cash, not so if you have to do the payment scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Ormus wrote: »

I'll give it a try, cheers for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Doing the Tour this year, just wondering what's to be expected on arrival!?

They send you around down to their own little entrance (it was down at the back of the Oscar Wilde last year so it probably won't move), you queue up and they'll take your bike and load it in a truck, then you've to rummage through the piles of bags to find your own.

It was very chilled out though, we didn't encounter any security and once you get your EP wristband and get in in the tour de picnic have their own area where you can grab some free food and relax for a bit before you head in to the campsites!

It was great fun, I'm almost regretting not doing it again this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement