Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Tradiohead :cool:

Are they a Radiohead cover band?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

On the Record has Body & Soul line-up - Tune-Yards, Perfume Genius, Sleep Thieves, Young Fathers, Francois & the Atlas Mountains etc

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/07/30/behold-the-body-soul-acts-for-electric-picnic-2014/

:(

The final nail in the EP line up coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Jazzzman wrote: »

I respectfully disagree completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

They send you around down to their own little entrance (it was down at the back of the Oscar Wilde last year so it probably won't move), you queue up and they'll take your bike and load it in a truck, then you've to rummage through the piles of bags to find your own.

It was very chilled out though, we didn't encounter any security and once you get your EP wristband and get in in the tour de picnic have their own area where you can grab some free food and relax for a bit before you head in to the campsites!

It was great fun, I'm almost regretting not doing it again this year!

Ah deadly, really looking forward to it ya. I opted for the run though as it's more my thing. Just hope it doesn't leave me too juiced for the rest of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Nialler9 B&S playlist for those, like me, who wouldn't know really any acts. Liking what I've heard so far. http://nialler9.com/body-soul-announce-their-electric-picnic-lineup/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bha ha, go on then give us a laugh! Who are they missing??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Ormus wrote: »
    The Ticketmaster booth in Stephen's Green will give you the loyalty rate even if you don't have a code. Worked for me and several people I know. Obviously that's not much use to those outside Dublin.

how recently was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

tUnE-yArDs are a great addition. We already knew about Young Fathers. Looking forward to both of these.

Perfume Genius, while good, don't really excite me.

I was really looking forward to Sleep Thieves at Vantastival after checking out their recorded music. I was disappointed with them live though. Maybe caught them on a bad night. Might give them another go if they don't clash with anyone I do want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Were you expecting QOTSA, The National and Deafheaven to appear in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Delighted that Perfume Genius are playing and even more delighted it's in B&S! tUneyards will be amazing there too. Had my ticket already but this is just the icing on the cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm delighted that Meltybrains? are playing as they put on a great show. I was hoping beyond hope that The Gloaming would fill the trad slot, but alas, no.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Were you expecting QOTSA, The National and Deafheaven to appear in there?

Oh I lowered my expectations some time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Oh I lowered my expectations some time ago.

Good man, I hope you're not actually going are you?
    Last thing EP needs is people like you with their awful attitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Ah deadly, really looking forward to it ya. I opted for the run though as it's more my thing. Just hope it doesn't leave me too juiced for the rest of the day!

I personally thought the cycle would leave me too tired to fully enjoy the Friday but I was wrong, I got a second wind once I made it to the end because I was so happy to have made it. I'd imagine the run would be similar. Chilled a bit in my tent to let my legs recover and then I was grand after that. :)

Good man, I hope you're not actually going are you?
    Last thing EP needs is people like you with their awful attitudes.

My attitude is awful because the line-up is poor?

Great logic mate!

I'd go and make the most of it regardless of the line-up. It's the kinda fun guy I am.

That doesn't stop the line up from being poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

line up is poor considering increased capacity etc they have pocketed more money rather than spend on acts out of greed i presume. Theres the big bad ugly truth IMO.

Whinging about it does f-all. Either decided the festival doesnt justify the cost in your opinion and pocket the money and don't go or go and bury your issues or else focus on positives, i.e the few bands that have to appeal to you and everything else on offer.

miller82 wrote: »
    line up is poor considering increased capacity etc they have pocketed more money rather than spend on acts out of greed i presume. Theres the big bad ugly truth IMO.

Hear hear.

I wouldn't be one to roll over and silently accept the fact the organisers have let us down though. It needs to be said.

You could say it's typically Irish to say 'oh well, what can you do!'.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hear hear.

I wouldn't be one to roll over and silently accept the fact the organisers have let us down though. It needs to be said.

You could say it's typically Irish to say 'oh well, what can you do!'.:rolleyes:

It's telling that you didn't quote the second half of miller82's post. If you are so against the line up, I assume your'e not going? And if not, why does it concern you so much to keep posting here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The line-up is grand - I'm expecting the usual clash dilemmas. The extra few thousand punters might turn out to be a problem all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

The page on the EP site suggests that Tune-yards, Young Fathers and Girl Band are on Friday night. If Beck, PSB and Foals (to a lesser extent - saw their Holy Fire show a few times now) are due to play that night too then I'm a happy camper. Should be a decent way to kick things off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Probably true. Good value at 155 quid but I don't think I could justify 230 euro at this stage, could have attended three separate festivals this summer for that price.

I take it that's the vast majority of it announced? Would like a few small surprises in the pipeline but can't see it happening.

It's telling that you didn't quote the second half of miller82's post. If you are so against the line up, I assume your'e not going? And if not, why does it concern you so much to keep posting here?

I rather naively bought my ticket early, trusting the organisers to string a good line up together as they'd done so in previous years.

Hence my posts, hence my concern, hence my disappointment.

P.S I addressed miller82's second paragraph in that very post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Probably true. Good value at 155 quid but I don't think I could justify 230 euro at this stage, could have attended three separate festivals this summer for that price.

I take it that's the vast majority of it announced? Would like a few small surprises in the pipeline but can't see it happening.

Red Bull Stage, Salty Dog, Trailer Park still to announce.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Foals is my no.1 act to see, can't wait for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Oh so excited, I missed out getting the early bird discount, a good mate text be offering me their spare anda share in pink moon tent....so now I'm going. I need it after a **** summer and an exam resit looming. See yas there folks

Great logic mate!

I'd go and make the most of it regardless of the line-up. It's the kinda fun guy I am.

I've no idea why your attitude is awful. It just is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Great logic mate!

In your opinion. It's a far better lineup than what you were proposing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

If capacity has been increased by 6000 then based on mathematical probability it can only increase the chances of a ride, so I am in favour of this.

I've no idea why your attitude is awful. It just is.

If you say so chief.

Maybe spend less time telling people off and your attitude mightn't be so bad itself.

• Advertisement

Foals is my no.1 act to see, can't wait for them :D

So understated in this line up, they're going to be bloody brilliant! Keep forgetting they're announced for it
    If capacity has been increased by 6000 then based on mathematical probability it can only increase the chances of a ride, so I am in favour of this.

all 6000 tickets have been restricted for men. Soz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement