Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If its a fake its a pretty good one from the perspective of the bands chosen. I didn't check them all but those that I did all were in Europe and had no clashes. Of course this would be the first thing a good faker would do too and some of the lower down bands have no dates in and around the festival so I'm wondering if stuck with a task of filling it out they started to fall back on those as a safer bet.

The biggest tell is probably the drug blurb at the bottom which seems out of place and hasn't the usual info a real one would but it could be theoretically filler. The backstory of it being a draft found in a recycle bin gives it a lot of outs for things like that.

Notably TodayFm is not in the list of sponsors though they were last year. Anyone know if they dropped sponsorship?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Just remembering, Chvrches did say at the end of their set last year that they'd be back next year. Back in Ireland? Back at EP? Hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Toast wrote: »
    If its a fake its a pretty good one from the perspective of the bands chosen. I didn't check them all but those that I did all were in Europe and had no clashes. Of course this would be the first thing a good faker would do too and some of the lower down bands have no dates in and around the festival so I'm wondering if stuck with a task of filling it out they started to fall back on those as a safer bet.

The biggest tell is probably the drug blurb at the bottom which seems out of place and hasn't the usual info a real one would but it could be theoretically filler. The backstory of it being a draft found in a recycle bin gives it a lot of outs for things like that.

Notably TodayFm is not in the list of sponsors though they were last year. Anyone know if they dropped sponsorship?

QOTSA - Free

Beck - Playing Bestival and also a festival in the UK http://www.songkick.com/artists/430505-beck/calendar?page=2

Outkast - Bestival again but there is a gig on the Friday in the UK

Portishead - Free

Haim - Free

James Blake - Free

Bestival is the week after EP is it not?

QOTSA could be the Sunday draw, get the day trippers in. The more I think about it, the more plausible this lineup seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The only thing that makes me doubt it is that you see acts like the Hot Spockets and Charles Bradley further down the bill than far less established acts like Mojo Gogo and In Their Thousands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I don't think it'll be too far from that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Just spoke to my mate who is the manager of The Hot Sprockets, he told me that EP have not contacted them but yet I see them on the "lineup"....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elevendork!

If you look at the second last act it's Colin Ratcliffe. Apparantly he made the lineup for a laugh and he's bragging about it on Twitter. He's a graphics student so it makes sense. Still really believable though!

Damn you Colin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elevendork!

Why would he get people's hopes up like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Its a fake, the order is completely wrong, Albarn would never be that far down the bill for starters.

edit: Just saw the twitter comments :-D

Catmologen wrote: »
    Its a fake, the order is completely wrong, Albarn would never be that far down the bill for starters.

edit: Just saw the twitter comments :-D
    I can't understand the fascination with Damon Albarn's solo guise to be honest.

He's headlining Latitude, already done the 6music Festival and will probably appear highly on other lineups. But does he deserve to be? Personally speaking, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I can't understand the fascination with Damon Albarn's solo guise to be honest.

He's headlining Latitude, already done the 6music Festival and will probably appear highly on other lineups. But does he deserve to be? Personally speaking, I don't think so.

Not yet anyway. He's a great musician, but he's moved on from selling out tiny venues to headlining festivals without even releasing an album.

At least his pal Noel toured the crappy venues first, and built from there before appearing high up the bill at festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not yet anyway. He's a great musician, but he's moved on from selling out tiny venues to headlining festivals without even releasing an album.

At least his pal Noel toured the crappy venues first, and built from there before appearing high up the bill at festivals.

Albarn has been headlining huge festivals as Blur and Gorillaz up til recently though, presumably promoters are banking on that following continuing for his solo stuff. And, personally speaking, he's far better than any of the middle of the road gick released by the Gallaghers since...Morning Glory really.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Albarn has been headlining huge festivals as Blur and Gorillaz up til recently though, presumably promoters are banking on that following continuing for his solo stuff. And, personally speaking, he's far better than any of the middle of the road gick released by the Gallaghers since...Morning Glory really.

As Gallagher had with Oasis. It didn't mean he didn't have to tour the smaller venues first and build things up.

I think Noel and Damon have had as much good stuff as bad stuff since the mid-1990s. Damon is, undoubtedly, more creative. Doesn't always make what he produces any good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nah, Noel and Liam haven't released a decent album in nearly 20 years. Albarns stuff with Gorillaz is far better than anything they've been doing. And far more popular, hence why he's high up, he'll be famous for 2 headline acts, so people will be expecting a third.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Nah, Noel and Liam haven't released a decent album in nearly 20 years. Albarns stuff with Gorillaz is far better than anything they've been doing. And far more popular, hence why he's high up, he'll be famous for 2 headline acts, so people will be expecting a third.

We'll agree to disagree on the first bit! Albarn is hit and miss, as he was with Blur. Beady Eye are fairly woeful, but NGHFB was a great album, and I also really enjoyed DBTT. Certainly more so than monkey operas, or Dr. Dee, or half of Plastic Beach!!

Is he more popular?! I'd wager a guess that Oasis and Noel (whatever about Beady Eye) have sold more albums in the last decade than Blur/Gorillaz/Albarn have, especially in the Irish Isles (ie Ireland and Great Britain). Blur didn't manage to sell out the IMMA. Oasis sold out Slane, and (apparently) had another 10,000 in there without tickets owing to a woeful security operation.

Anyway, seems a bit off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

We'll agree to disagree on the first bit! Albarn is hit and miss, as he was with Blur. Beady Eye are fairly woeful, but NGHFB was a great album, and I also really enjoyed DBTT. Certainly more so than monkey operas, or Dr. Dee, or half of Plastic Beach!!

Is he more popular?! I'd wager a guess that Oasis and Noel (whatever about Beady Eye) have sold more albums in the last decade than Blur/Gorillaz/Albarn have, especially in the Irish Isles (ie Ireland and Great Britain). Blur didn't manage to sell out the IMMA. Oasis sold out Slane, and (apparently) had another 10,000 in there without tickets owing to a woeful security operation.

Anyway, seems a bit off-topic.
    TMATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Lineup is a fake according to EP Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Mark Kavanagh just tweeted that the launch of this year Electric Picnic is next Wednesday at 11 am.

Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Mark Kavanagh ‏@djmarkkavanagh 40m
    CORRECTION: The @electricpicnic line-up is being unveiled next Wednesday March 19 at 11am. The party to celebrate it is at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I would not be surprised to see Portishead on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Una Mullally just tweeted this also!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Pet Shop Boys playing in UK on the Sunday so hopefully they pop over :) Although I do think it will be fairly similar to the fake one, hope I'm proved wrong!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After last years leaked/fake line up that was floating around i hope Queens and Outkast are playing . That will be my ticket sold tbh and whatever happens after that is extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

After last years leaked/fake line up that was floating around i hope Queens and Outkast are playing . That will be my ticket sold tbh and whatever happens after that is extra :)

QOTSA I'd be all for without question and yeah if they don't appear on the real one would be disappointing....Outkast on the other hand middle of the road (c)rappers don't get the buzz around them at all.

Their biggest songs are about apologizing to someones mammy, roses smelling like poo and saying hey ya god knows how many times...Scutter of the highest order...on the bill...no problem but they seem to be headling everywhere they are so doubt would play lower if at E.P. ...so waste of a headline slot imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

QOTSA I'd be all for without question and yeah if they don't appear on the real one would be disappointing....Outkast on the other hand middle of the road (c)rappers don't get the buzz around them at all.

Their biggest songs are about apologizing to someones mammy, roses smelling like poo and saying hey ya god knows how many times...Scutter of the highest order...on the bill...no problem but they seem to be headling everywhere they are so doubt would play lower if at E.P. ...so waste of a headline slot imo.

Yea Queens need to be there imo . With Outkast they do have more songs that those . Fingers crossed if they do play they will be a more exciting headliner then AM's boring set last year

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Im not some big outkast fan but couldnt you reduce any song to sounding silly? Hey ya is about his marriage falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Have you ever listened to their better early stuff such as ATLiens or Aquemini? If not you're missing out. Much better than their commercial hits. Worthy headliners without a doubt, the biggest hip/hop duo ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Morrison J wrote: »
    Have you ever listened to their better early stuff such as ATLiens or Aquemini? If not you're missing out. Much better than their commercial hits. Worthy headliners without a doubt, the biggest hip/hop duo ever.
    With Outkast they do have more songs that those .

Sorry lads I am aware of their earlier stuff well only stuff from ATLiens got it in a 2 for something deal years ago so know first hand I'm not missing out but take that with a pinch of salt as I've long since drifted well clear of that genre. Of course they've more than those 3 songs how would they be touted as potential headliners/headline elsewhere if they didn't have the material to fill the time slot??, Its a reunion tour so majority of what you'll get is the commercial stuff. The best rap group imo is Cypress Hill but you don't see them headlining any festivals maybe Outkast are because they're dressed so fresh and so clean??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement