Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bodhrandude if the pic in the twitter post is recent looks the the "big blue" electric arena is back. Would they have the stage tents up this early?

Link to tweet;
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/494912607586103296

that's a photo from last year or 2 years ago. will be at least another 2 weeks before the stage build starts.
    I think that could be the Rankin Woods stage, they had that last year and it was bigger than the EA tent, the EA tent last year was a blue and yellow stripe one.

it's definitely not the Rankins Wood tent, that's further over to the left:
    http://i.imgur.com/A5d1pyN.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I could never make head nor tails of that map. I wish they took a satellite view and based the map off of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Just listening to Sam Smith singing at Longitude on radio.. shame he is not at electric picnic! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I can't work out maps at the best of times, but the EP ones are always ridiculously confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I could never make head nor tails of that map. I wish they took a satellite view and based the map off of that

Like this?

316765.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Just listening to Sam Smith singing at Longitude on radio.. shame he is not at electric picnic! :(

He played last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Like this?

316765.png

How do you get to the main area from Pink Moon camping? Is it directly in by the Electric Arena?

How do you get to the main area from Pink Moon camping? Is it directly in by the Electric Arena?

Pink moon is directly to the left of the big blue electric arena tent. I presume there's a small dedicated entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Pink moon is directly to the left of the big blue electric arena tent. I presume there's a small dedicated entrance?

That's what I'm hoping. Don't want to be walking around in a big loop to get into the main area. I'm getting too old for that sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

think it used to be that you walk along the path at the edge of the forest and enter through the entrance between the red and orange tents.

• Advertisement

Like this?

like that :pac:
    excellent :)

That's what I'm hoping. Don't want to be walking around in a big loop to get into the main area. I'm getting too old for that sh1t!

Mate was playing in B&S last year, they put him up in the Boutique camping on the opposite side, they had their own entrance into the main arena, managed to get through with him a few times no queues very relaxed security, but the gate had limited opening hours can't remember the times.

Hopefully you'll have the same arrangement, last year on Sunday just took the piss, was in a security queue for 40-50 minutes beside the Cosby tent! raging! Longer queue than the main gate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

40,000 people is too many people for the picnic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

that's a photo from last year or 2 years ago. will be at least another 2 weeks before the stage build starts.

Id say the build will start next week . If you look at Reading and Leeds they started their build this week and the festival is in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Anyone have any tips for a first-timer :D ? Stuff like good camping places, food and other stuff to do besides the music ? Much appreciated.

MGMTea wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for a first-timer :D ? Stuff like good camping places, food and other stuff to do besides the music ? Much appreciated.

Depends entirely on two things, how up for the craic are you and how much energy do you have?

as for food though, it's amazing. There's an abundant choice and it's hard to pick out any one thing

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Depends entirely on two things, how up for the craic are you and how much energy do you have?

as for food though, it's amazing. There's an abundant choice and it's hard to pick out any one thing

Always up for the craic but I do love my sleep too so hoping for a quiet spot.

Is the food cheap-ish ? Anyone bring their own ?

Always up for the craic but I do love my sleep too so hoping for a quiet spot.

Is the food cheap-ish ? Anyone bring their own ?

Oscar Wilde campsite so. Well, not quiet but..not hendrix, you'll get asleep but it probably won't be the best! Unless you conk out from alcohol.

The food is very reasonable, I brought my own but to be fair didn't even bother with it. The choice of food there is just too good. You're going to pay festival prices but a lot of stalls will give you your moneys worth in the same vein.

On the side, donedealers looking for 450-500 for tickets, I personally hope every single one of them get stung with counterfeit notes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Supply and demand. Don't see a problem if people are dumb enough to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you're a first-timer you'll have no problems finding non-musical stuff to do. The problem is more likely to be finding enough time to check everything out.

Top tip - the Kinara Indian food stall is top notch, while some of the prime stall spots go to the least rewarding food vendors.

Agree that Oscar Wilde is for you. Keep clear of the paths and jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I think that could be the Rankin Woods stage, they had that last year and it was bigger than the EA tent, the EA tent last year was a blue and yellow stripe one.

Electric Arena has always been blue and always the biggest tent including last year.

D.Q wrote: »
    Supply and demand. Don't see a problem if people are dumb enough to pay

It's just silly exploitation though. The same people were looking for face value before it sold out

Never would, Have had my tickets since March :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Milesy86

hello this is my second year at electric picnic got to say great little festival really enjoyed it last year!
    Got my early bird ticket for this year and now i cannot wait to go now.
    I was abit unsure about the lineup but after a few good listens i am much happier, at the moment i really like the district, nightbox, unknown mortal orchestra, Benjamin Booker, bicep, **** robot and vancouver sleep clinic!
    any others anyone recommends?

Last year i really liked rave in the woods and didn't see much of body and soul as the festivals rather large so defo gonna spend more time there and trenchtown!

cheers anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Like this?

316765.png

Thats an old photo, there is only one blue tent in there, there was a few last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

lbj666 wrote: »
    Electric Arena has always been blue and always the biggest tent including last year.

It was smaller last year, Rankin Woods was a bigger marquee.

Id say the build will start next week . If you look at Reading and Leeds they started their build this week and the festival is in 3 weeks

Some of the marquees will be getting put up alright, I'm onsite in the 24th and usually all the stages are in place by then, us stewards then get posted onto the crossroads to help with the flow of deliveries and to make sure that the one way system gets adhered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thats an old photo, there is only one blue tent in there, there was a few last year.

If you say so, but I was replying to someone that wanted to know the actual layout. Plus, EP put the picture up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

EPs facebook page

"All tickets are now sold out. Please be careful if buying from an unofficial source. GET ME IN! is our official ticket resale partner. You can buy and sell here and all transactions are safe & secure."

They are going for £440 with a processing charge of £79.

So ya Electric Picnic are endorsing a site that is selling tickets for £440 each. Seems they don't give a **** about touts as long as ticketmaster get a cut.

It doesn't bode well if people are expecting batch release of tickets that they do to curb touts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

lbj666 wrote: »
    EPs facebook page

"All tickets are now sold out. Please be careful if buying from an unofficial source. GET ME IN! is our official ticket resale partner. You can buy and sell here and all transactions are safe & secure."

They are going for £440 with a processing charge of £79.

So ya Electric Picnic are endorsing a site that is selling tickets for £440 each. Seems they don't give a **** about touts as long as ticketmaster get a cut.

It doesn't bode well if people are expecting batch release of tickets that they do to curb touts.

saw that, really surprised they are affiliating themselves to that site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement