Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Gerard92

Are adverts.ie deleting all the insanely priced ads? If so fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Milesy86

Eod100 wrote: »
    Class, didn't even realise The Districts had been announced. Only heard of their stuff a few months ago but really liking it! Gonna check out the other too! Thanks!

same here recently got into them, looking forward how they sound live. I heard they had their van robbed with all their kit in, shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Milesy86 wrote: »
    hello this is my second year at electric picnic got to say great little festival really enjoyed it last year!
    Got my early bird ticket for this year and now i cannot wait to go now.
    I was abit unsure about the lineup but after a few good listens i am much happier, at the moment i really like the district, nightbox, unknown mortal orchestra, Benjamin Booker, bicep, **** robot and vancouver sleep clinic!
    any others anyone recommends?

Last year i really liked rave in the woods and didn't see much of body and soul as the festivals rather large so defo gonna spend more time there and trenchtown!

cheers anyway!!

Kaytranda
    Dimitri From Paris
    Flume
    Cian Finn
    The 2 Bears
    Duke Dumont
    Glass Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Rustie
    Joy Orbison
    Dark Sky
    Temples
    SOHN
    Dorian Concept

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Todd Terje is available.....id love for him to make an appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Looking forward to King Kong Company on Sunday night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

alastair wrote: »
    Looking forward to King Kong Company on Sunday night.

Did they get their fans to complain about their billing on facebook?

Thomas D wrote: »

No idea. Academic anyway - they'll be bunged one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Complain about what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

proudi wrote: »
    Complain about what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

2 things:

1. Anyone who's selling tickets for €400+ is a certified cnut.
    2. Anyone who'd spend €400 on an Electric Picnic ticket, who isn't a Rothschild or an oil Sheikh, would want to have their head checked.

About the old EP teaming up with the crowd selling em for €550+, EP are also advertising that there's 100 tickets available to anyone who donates €500 for Temple Street. If someone's willing to pay that amount, might as well go to good cause rather than a tout! Also, might be some spots left on Tour de Picnic. So yeah think it's mad paying that much over the odds for a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Sorry but I'm not sure what there is to complain about in regards to their billing. Mind filling me in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Are King Kong company Defo playing ? Don't see them on the EP site lineup page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I've been looking at Beck's setlists and it must be said we are in for one heck of a show!! Cannot wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've been looking at Beck's setlists and it must be said we are in for one heck of a show!! Cannot wait:)

Care to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Care to share?
    Most recent one and it doesn't differ a whole lot. There goes my thinking he had mellowed in his "old" age, verrrrry lively setlist and classic orientated!

Devil's Haircut
    Black Tambourine
    The New Pollution
    Gamma Ray
    I Think I'm in Love / I Feel Love
    (Donna Summer cover)
    Soul of a Man
    Loser
    Beercan
    Hell Yes
    Sissyneck / Billie Jean
    (Michael Jackson cover)
    Blue Moon
    Lost Cause
    Wave
    Waking Light
    Girl
    E-Pro
    Encore:
    Sexx Laws
    Debra
    Where It's At > One Foot In The Grave > Where It's At

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oooh, that looks great. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Are King Kong company Defo playing ? Don't see them on the EP site lineup page

They've said it twice on there facebook page! Last gig on the Sunday night, they've been told to play till can play no more

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

https://www.facebook.com/officialjohnnymarr?fref=nf

Johnny Marr to play EP again this year. Thank you very much. My highlight of 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Goldigga wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/officialjohnnymarr?fref=nf

Johnny Marr to play EP again this year. Thank you very much. My highlight of 2013

So glad to hear he's playing again I missed him last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Hopefully its not just a mistake. I see when you click on the actual link it says 'with Wu-Tang Clan,Lily Allen,Franz Ferdinand,OutKast,Björk,Fatboy Slim,Paolo Nutini,Metronomy,SBTRKT,'

Could be a balls up seeing as he played last year and is playing in Ireland next week. Would be great if true though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

grindle wrote: »
    March & April my money was being saved for weddings in April and May, I would've bought the ticket after that wedding in May but I broke up with the ex which created a €1500 hole in my finances over the next few weeks as I had to get a new place to stay.

I'm out of that hole now, I can afford a ticket now. I would've been able to afford it on Thursday morning.
    I probably won't be paying €400 for one, I'm hoping for a ticket re-up on TM or finding a kinder soul on some site or another, but it's a fact that I couldn't afford a ticket up until this very week, and if it's my only option I can now afford dumb prices.

That's how spending money goes, you can't afford some things if you need others, but once you have the things you need you build up cash and all of a sudden can afford the things you want. It's like magic but it's spelt 'budgeting'.
    Bizarre that you can't fathom some aspects of life getting in the way of other aspects. Tunnel vision.

We all have the same issues, trust me!! I don't want a breakdown of your finances, I'm not Eddie Hobbs!!
    My point is if you know ur going, bite the bullet early, beg or borrow (but don't steal, that's just not cool unless it's from your ex ;) ) family, put on credit cards, overdrafts, loans whatever save your self HUNDREDS in the long run!

Have you seen the EP endorsed resale prices!! £430-£440 per ticket! You could pay a Helicopter company to drop you in the arena each day with that kind of money!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Have you seen the EP endorsed resale prices!! £430-£440 per ticket! You could pay a Helicopter company to drop you in the arena each day with that kind of money!!

It wouldn't get you camping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Re: FAMILY TICKET | Child NOT now attending.

We bought a family ticket earlier this year and registered our child. It now looks likely that the young lad wont be going. We; the parents; will be going.
    Which camp site will we be put into / staying in? What will happen?

askU wrote: »

We bought a family ticket earlier this year and registered our child. It now looks likely that the young lad wont be going. We; the parents; will be going.

The 'special arrangements' in that circumstance:
    childcatcher-431x300.jpg

(You can choose to camp inside or outside the family site then - no-one will be too fussed if your kid isn't attending. I know some family campers who didn't have their kids turn up until the Sunday, and nobody seemed too bothered.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It would be a bit daft rebooking Johnny Marr again, why not Moderat instead.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

askU wrote: »

You're not allowed in the Family Camping unless you have a kid. You need the kid when initially checking in, that's when you get your FC wristband. They're very strict about it. You can just go into the other campsites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It would be a bit daft rebooking Johnny Marr again, why not Moderat instead.

Because they're completely different types of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Because they're completely different types of music?

Thats my point though one has already played last year, Moderat hasn't regardless in the difference of music.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Hopefully its not just a mistake. I see when you click on the actual link it says 'with Wu-Tang Clan,Lily Allen,Franz Ferdinand,OutKast,Björk,Fatboy Slim,Paolo Nutini,Metronomy,SBTRKT,'

Could be a balls up seeing as he played last year and is playing in Ireland next week. Would be great if true though!

I see what you mean and it isn't listed on his official site either ... ah crap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement