Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I don't think it's actually sold out, they're just holding a few thousand tickets to rob some people blind. A bit sickening if you ask me, won't be going again in a hurry if this is the kind of crap Festival Republic are willing to pull on their customers. £440 + £79 "processing fee", I'm all for businesses trying to turn a profit but this is just pathetic.

if they've thousands of tickets to put onsale then they'd probably want to get on with it, considering there's only 5 onsale now, and there was only 2 last Friday.

i'd imagine the few tickets on GetMeIn are also the same ones that are being offered for 400+ on donedeal etc.
    if i was going to sell them for that much on donedeal, i'd certainly put them up on GetMeIn too seeing as lots of people will check there after seeing it advertised by EP...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Comedy line up announced!
    http://electricpicnic.ie/prepareforabellyfulloflaughsatelectricpicnic

Very happy with Simon Amstell and DOD, and rubberbandits

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Not too impressed with the comedy. DOD is class but I seen him last year and lots of the other big names wouldn't interest me at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen Jason Byrne there the other weekend and he was great . Delighted with Sean Walsh and Simon Amstell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What's the difference between pink moon and boutique camping and which would be easier to get to from bus drop off/collection points?

I'll be getting a bus back at 2am on Sunday so could do without trapsing across the whole site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there to be more additions at all for the LBT, there is probably no need now as its sold out, but the LBT used to be announced separately as a stage in its own right, still hoping that Daniel Avery and Moderat might be added although there is enough in there already to keep me going. Looking forward to this now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Tour De Picnic is full up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I wonder if the Johnny Marr announcement is legit? His facebook page links to a bandintown app for 2014. I wonder if the organisers had some acts held back to announce to push ticket sales in the last week, but ended up selling out earlier than expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

if they've thousands of tickets to put onsale then they'd probably want to get on with it, considering there's only 5 onsale now, and there was only 2 last Friday.

i'd imagine the few tickets on GetMeIn are also the same ones that are being offered for 400+ on donedeal etc.
    if i was going to sell them for that much on donedeal, i'd certainly put them up on GetMeIn too seeing as lots of people will check there after seeing it advertised by EP...

To be honest i find it hard to imagine any regular punter or your regular tout going to the bother of jumping through the all hoops to get them up on sale there.

So everything is what it appears to be and Getmein only have a very small number
    or
    they have an allocation and releasing them piecemeal making it look like they are hard to get keeping the price up.

I wonder if the Johnny Marr announcement is legit? His facebook page links to a bandintown app for 2014. I wonder if the organisers had some acts held back to announce to push ticket sales in the last week, but ended up selling out earlier than expected?

Bandintown have a heap of wrong entries say last years headliners are playing EP 2014

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    To be honest i find it hard to imagine any regular punter or your regular tout going to the bother of jumping through the all hoops to get them up on sale there.

So everything is what it appears to be and Getmein only have a very small number
    or
    they have an allocation and releasing them piecemeal making it look like they are hard to get keeping the price up.

what hoops do you have to go through to get them up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

With the prices that these tickets are going for i'd almost be tempted to sell mine and just go on a holiday instead.

what hoops do you have to go through to get them up there?

Dunno but donedeal and ebay seem way handier, there doesn't appear to be a meet a fella downtown option with them. All money goes through them plus a lad on the street isnt going to be up for asking a £79 processing charge which he doesnt get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I haven't seen the link or app, but it's probably in reference to him playing Leopardstown on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

MattD wrote: »
    I haven't seen the link or app, but it's probably in reference to him playing Leopardstown on Thursday?

Nah there's been an annoucement since, but there is some doubt about it. It would be odd to play Ireland at the start and end of the same month, and it isn't listed on his website.

Then again, that site clearly hasn't been updated in a while as it still has ticket listings for gigs he has already played. So here's hoping!

UPDATE on Jim Carrolls page - email from Melvin Benn at Festival Republic, “the event is sold out. No tickets have been given to Ticketmaster or Getmein for selling at a higher price. This is set up as the securest way to sell a ticket on if you have one you are not using. It’s the securest way because Getmein will not allow an attempt for a trade for a ticket that doesn’t exist. That’s the only reason why they are the resale partner and I am happy to swear an oath to that effect.”

Fair enough, they re still letting people sell at massive mark up and doesn t cover a lot of tricks used shown in the documentary ( such as the book of credit cards)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Simon Amstell is an odd one... I'd love to see him in a normal show, but I can't imagine his show going down fantastically in front of a festival crowd. His kinda downbeat alternative anti-comedy material could fall very flat...!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Yeah he's pretty much a connoisseur of sarcasm...was amazing on Buzzcocks though so more of the same would go down nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Danny Dowling says he is MCing the comedy tent on Saturday and Sunday. I assume that means we are getting a cut down Friday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

AFAIK the getmein process is that they hold the money in escrow until after the event passes. Basically the seller doesn't get paid until the event is over. I have no idea what way they go about making sure the buyer doesn't say "no that didn't work" or if the ticket the buyer gets is dud on "guaranteeing entry". They don't seem to have any link into the Ticketmaster system to verify tickets as their instructions to sellers is simply post the ticket to the buyer rather than "let us know the barcode from the ticket". It's been a while since I bothered reading their terms of usage but that was the general gist I got. It seemed remarkably less secure than it could be given their connections to ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

zuluchio wrote: »
    Danny Dowling says he is MCing the comedy tent on Saturday and Sunday. I assume that means we are getting a cut down Friday again.

Think the comedy was always just Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Started to plan my must see acts now, list starting at 30 acts so find myself in the unusual position of hoping for clashes to make it more manageable! But, I still cant see who the Saturday night, mainstage end of the night dance act will be. Could the organisers go random and put Le Galazie with their Laser Disco show on? Now that would be class! Or maybe its Chic but I suspect they will be Sunday.

Anyone got any ideas?

takyon wrote: »
    i'm new to electric picnic, do any regulars reckon the tickets will be cheaper the closer it gets? i need a weekend ticket but i'm not paying more than €250 for it and almost all tickets i've seen on sites like donedeal/adverts.ie are going for far too much.

Can be hard to say, once we get closer - say a week out- prices should get more reasonable as people dump tickets and just need to cash out, problem is if you buy print out tickets you might get scammed by touts selling the same printout multiple times. Suggest hold your nerve, if you find tickets now at a price your willing to pay go for it, but you should get face value tickets if you wait it out. Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Yeah, its a tough call but I think the lineup -arctic monkeys, disclosure- last year had people a bit more whipped up, and weather plays a part too. If it looks like a mudfest the demand may drop off.

Set your budget and leap on the first ticket you are comfortable with. Hope you get there

I see your point with the Arctic Monkeys and Disclosure but at the same time it has sold out an extra 6000 capacity in a lot quicker time than before, regardless of the lineup. That sort of demand speaks for itself. My guess is we'll see a replica of the €500+ prices on the week approaching it. Madness!

collymcd wrote: »
    I see your point with the Arctic Monkeys and Disclosure but at the same time it has sold out an extra 6000 capacity in a lot quicker time than before, regardless of the lineup. That sort of demand speaks for itself. My guess is we'll see a replica of the €500+ prices on the week approaching it. Madness!

Ah well, as a seasoned Picnicker I get my early bird - not to gloat though. I go all over europe for festivals each year but I would never pay that kind of money for any festival and I always sell for face value but I know im in the minority - unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Easy Rod wrote: »
    What's the difference between pink moon and boutique camping and which would be easier to get to from bus drop off/collection points?

I'll be getting a bus back at 2am on Sunday so could do without trapsing across the whole site!

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Anyone?

Boutique is closer to the bus drop off by a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

if you explain the the full 500 goes to temple street it should be grand, even if you only raise half and make the rest up yourself its better than giving it to a tout

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Face value, Beansybeansy you're one of a kind!!

Raise €500 for temple street and you get a full weekend ticket! Deadly idea. Although can't imagine going to my work mates "ermmm can I have money so I can go to the EP for free !!!"

http://www.templestreet.ie/our-events/100129.html
    murdog! wrote: »
    if you explain the the full 500 goes to temple street it should be grand, even if you only raise half and make the rest up yourself its better than giving it to a tout

That is a great idea .

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Face value, Beansybeansy you're one of a kind!!

Raise €500 for temple street and you get a full weekend ticket! Deadly idea. Although can't imagine going to my work mates "ermmm can I have money so I can go to the EP for free !!!"

http://www.templestreet.ie/our-events/100129.html

I know, I am that nice, but honestly, Ive never sold a ticket for profit. Im just a bleeding heart liberal me, :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement