Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Dunno if last year is a good yard stick. The tickets sold out very close to the festival which didn't really give things any chance to cool down after everyone started panicing. This time there's a couple of weeks where people can come to terms with not going and realise there is better things to spend stupid money on. Also there are overall 6000 more tickets sold which means there'll be a few extra people from that pool with inevitable cancellations with tickets to sell. Also I'd LIKE to think people won't feed the touting market and thereby inflate prices but some of the recent posts here are really reinforcing the idea that people should accept tout prices (a horrible idea for all). People need to realise that if no one pays stupid money then people with tickets will not charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm moving abroad for work, and will be selling my ticket (have a buyer already).
    I'll be selling it for face value. Anyone that does otherwise is a dick.

Gutted i'm missing it. It's a great lineup, and the best weekend of the year.
    Enjoy, picknickers!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Every post about tickets and ticket sales has been removed.
    If you're looking for tickets, head on over to toutless.com or ask the user Toast on here, but do it via PM.

Posts will be removed from here on and bans will be given out. Straight up month ban for whinging/sob storying looking for a tickets. Perm bans for the touts.

This will hopefully get rid of the clutter and let people talk about the gig.

/rant over. Apologies but it was verging on Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Any body got garth Brooke's tickets? :)
    Anyway I was wondering if the silent disco thing still happens at the picnic¿

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Seriously hoping this weather picks up for the picnic! Felt really sorry for anyone at Castlepalooza this weekend. That torrential rain on Saturday was biblical.
    Gonna start doing some sun dances!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Seriously hoping this weather picks up for the picnic! Felt really sorry for anyone at Castlepalooza this weekend. That torrential rain on Saturday was biblical.

You can't complain really we've had a most amazing summer so far, if you are that worried about rain invest in some decent waterproofs, I'm happy out as the last festival I went to was Body & Soul and we got brilliant weather so that more than made up for a bunch of sodden festivals, plus a considerable number of EP stages are tented, leaving only the main stage, the venues in Body & Soul, Trenchtown, Rave in the Woods and Salty Dog as outdoor.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mince Pie wrote: »

We might get lucky
    “In the latter part of August and into the start of September there is also likely to be another warm to very hot period as high pressure builds northwards across many parts of Ireland. Temperatures could again climb to the high 20s once again.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

You can't complain really we've had a most amazing summer so far, if you are that worried about rain invest in some decent waterproofs, I'm happy out as the last festival I went to was Body & Soul and we got brilliant weather so that more than made up for a bunch of sodden festivals, plus a considerable number of EP stages are tented, leaving only the main stage, the venues in Body & Soul, Trenchtown, Rave in the Woods and Salty Dog as outdoor.

I hear ya but I've been to Parklife - mudbath, Glastonbury - semi mudbath and got caught in a torrential downpour without my poncho = soaked to the bone. Arctic Monkies - Drizzle.

Just want to give the wellies and poncho a rest to be honest and sit on the fecking grass! :D

Longitude was ok, weather wise but not camping at that one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

There's serious weather expected late August early September. I can see another heat wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Years ago when it used sell out I used always get tickets for just above face value in the week leading up to the festival. Often via facebook/bebo from a friend. Just put the word out that you are looking!
    Same for Oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

FKA Twigs debut album is out Friday. Full album is available to stream on iTunes at the moment.
    Also, her current single is free to download this week.

Couple of good songs on it. Could be an interesting show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    FKA Twigs debut album is out Friday. Full album is available to stream on iTunes at the moment.
    Also, her current single is free to download this week.

Couple of good songs on it. Could be an interesting show.

I'm sure I've had trouble doing this before but how do you stream albums on itunes again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think FKA Twigs is very interesting. Papi Pacify is a great tune. People lose their minds over Miley Cyrus, but the video for that song is a lot more subversive and challenging than anything any of the Miley Cyrus/Rihannas/etc of the world are doing. I'm definitely going to try and see her.

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm sure I've had trouble doing this before but how do you stream albums on itunes again?

On the music home screen, with ads scrolling across the top, there's a link to the FKA Twigs page. On her page then click 'Listen Now' on the album cover.

It's a 40 minute continuous stream.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    On the music home screen, with ads scrolling across the top, there's a link to the FKA Twigs page. On her page then click 'Listen Now' on the album cover.

It's a 40 minute continuous stream.

Nice one, figured it out after posting! Don't think itunes is the most user-friendly at the best of times! :P

I think FKA Twigs is very interesting. Papi Pacify is a great tune. People lose their minds over Miley Cyrus, but the video for that song is a lot more subversive and challenging than anything any of the Miley Cyrus/Rihannas/etc of the world are doing. I'm definitely going to try and see her.

Prefer Wrecking Ball myself :pac:
    I hope to see her too, depending on clashes etc...
    Eod100 wrote: »
    Nice one, figured it out after posting! Don't think itunes is the most user-friendly at the best of times! :P

Ya, took me a while too. Worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Personally I keep the initial load light, only take stuff for Friday & early Saturday. Will usually make a trip to the car early/mid Saturday. I find that if you take too much in initially, you end up physically hurting:mad: and leaving most behind on Monday.

From the centre of the Hendrix camp site to the car is a 1 hour round trip approx. but this is subject to where the car is parked and the level of booze. Some form of sack trolley (Large wheels >3" diameter are a must) would be useful.

I haven't been to EP since 2010, having gone to every one of them up to then, but we're going back this year thank the lord. I was just wondering if the wheelbarrows are still available to rent at the entrances? Going by your comment, Fatfrog, it sounds like they may not be.

Dowdy wrote: »
    I haven't been to EP since 2010, having gone to every one of them up to then, but we're going back this year thank the lord. I was just wondering if the wheelbarrows are still available to rent at the entrances? Going by your comment, Fatfrog, it sounds like they may not be.

I seem a few guys with wheelbarrows but I've honestly no idea whether they were belonging to them. Seems a bit bulky to bring with you though so I reckon they were rented

I seem a few guys with wheelbarrows but I've honestly no idea whether they were belonging to them. Seems a bit bulky to bring with you though so I reckon they were rented

This was the place you'd get them, near the initial entrance: Electric-Picnic-2007-08.jpg

Are/were the scouts ever involved? You'd think they'd clean up if they put up tents for people.
    I'd give them a fiver, sit back, open a beer...

Oh I cant wait for that first ep beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

And people said it wouldn't sell out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Are/were the scouts ever involved? You'd think they'd clean up if they put up tents for people.
    I'd give them a fiver, sit back, open a beer...

Oh I cant wait for that first ep beer!

They used to put up tents for a fiver a while back, haven't seen them recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They used to put up tents for a fiver a while back, haven't seen them recently though.
    My work colleague is a scout leader and is bringing her group down there this year. They'll be gone by early evening though on the Friday :)

Is give way more than a fiver to have them put up my tent last year. 6 man-3 room tent and I put it up on my own :( probably the most frustrating hour of my life.
    All while my friends were having their celebratory cans after finishing their set up...b*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Could have missed it but I haven't seen that wheel barrow rental in a few years now? But anyway it was a rip off as far as I remember €20-25 for the rental + extra walking to leave back, not available for the way out Monday.

You might be better off considering a sack trolley from woodies €35 sturdy with large wheels.
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Mobile/Product/sack-truck-h200f3/13810/4.2.11
    Only downside is the large size for transit, wheels come off easily enough but the frame is big you would need a large saloon/hatch back boot or lay it down across the rear passenger seat.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Could have missed it but I haven't seen that wheel barrow rental in a few years now? But anyway it was a rip off as far as I remember €20-25 for the rental + extra walking to leave back, not available for the way out Monday.

You might be better off considering a sack trolley from woodies €35 sturdy with large wheels.
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Mobile/Product/sack-truck-h200f3/13810/4.2.11
    Only downside is the large size for transit, wheels come off easily enough but the frame is big you would need a large saloon/hatch back boot or lay it down across the rear passenger seat.

Nah, it wasn't a rip-off at all really. You had to pay something like €25 or €30 but you got maybe €20 of that back if you returned the wheelbarrow within an hour or so, I think it was. Well worth it. And Monday wasn't too bad without it, with all the slabs of drink gone by then.

Can anyone else confirm that the wheelbarrows are no longer there? That's a shame if so. It would be better than forking out for a cumbersome sack trolley that we have no other use for, even if the sack trolley would be very handy at EP.

If I was a local farmer who happened to have a few donkeys I'd rent them as pack mules.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Nah, it wasn't a rip-off at all really. You had to pay something like €25 or €30 but you got maybe €20 of that back if you returned the wheelbarrow within an hour or so, I think it was. Well worth it. And Monday wasn't too bad without it, with all the slabs of drink gone by then.

Can anyone else confirm that the wheelbarrows are no longer there? That's a shame if so. It would be better than forking out for a cumbersome sack trolley that we have no other use for, even if the sack trolley would be very handy at EP.

Not seen them for a couple of years either

Not seen them for a couple of years either

Balls. I might have to take a trip to Woodie's... Planning to travel much lighter this year than in the past, but we always said that every year and ended up bringing half the house with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Balls. I might have to take a trip to Woodie's... Planning to travel much lighter this year than in the past, but we always said that every year and ended up bringing half the house with us.

What about something like this? Save ya a few bob. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement